Strains we miss

Please share the strains and cuts you miss the most…

In no particular order for me

1. Jilly Bean
  2. Death Star (Sensi or Sour dom)
  3. Panama Punch
  4. Coal Creek Kush
  5. White Fire #3
  6. Bruce Banner#3
  7. Chem 91
  8. Chem D
  9. Blue Cookies
  10. Forum Cookies

Shout out to all the peeps in Colorado still doing the damn thing.

Peace,
Bagman

33 Likes

I’m growing forum cookies currently…

I miss the old chemdawg…red haired goddess…

Edit: I lied… I’m growing forum cookies x citral glue

11 Likes

The ones I miss the most are Silver Pearl, BC Skunk (lord knows the specific strain name, I was 15 and they just called it BC Skunk) and there was one strain of super light green hydroponic stuff from back in those days as well. They just called it hydro, lol.

23 Likes

I was talking with my friend a few months back who first showed me the forum cookies/cut and I realized it has been so long I can’t remember if the Forum is better than the modern cookie hybrids I see in the stores.

I remember when they told me “cookies just don’t yield” and that’s why it was always head stash just for the homies lol

2 Likes

Dro, chronic, kind bud lol

I remember the old stuff…can’t name it cuz it never had any name other than those three

11 Likes

This shit is so garlic bread that you could put an Oz in a baggy, stuff it in a qt jar and still smell it lol very nice stuff

5 Likes

Lololol I remember being 15 and they told me the dro was grown underwater in Jamaica lol :rofl:

8 Likes

Silver Pearl. Man that takes me back. One of my favorites. I’ll ad to that list:

Goo
Juicy Fruit
Old school White Widow, nothing these days comes close
Diesel, not the sour(which was great) the first shit that came thru

12 Likes

Cannacopia Chunky cheese…still pissed at myself for not making some f2s…

4 Likes

Sure made buying weed easy.

11 Likes

Matanuska Thunder Fuck (bikers cut)

U-DUB aka: UW

Hawaiian Purple Kush

Ogre

All clone only strains

13 Likes

Yep we had KB or brick … two choices no strain names lmao

9 Likes

Yup, indoor, outdoor or hydro. Pick your poison. Now there are so many weird strain names. Purple Monkey Balls, Stripper Spit, Cheetah Piss, Zombie Death Fuck. I find those names don’t really get me wanting to put the stuff near my mouth, lol.

19 Likes

Over the years I would get herb occasionally that had a distinct smell/ taste that reminded me of dryer sheets. Looking back I don’t think it was adulterated but actually the terps. Just can’t figure out what cut it was lol maybe Romulan ? Who knows

5 Likes

Hempstar, Dutch Passion (a cut from 20 years ago) : I got it from a swiss growshop at the time they were able to sell them, i’ve never saw larger and thicker pistils before and after this plant. It’s like a NLxHaze but out of marks with short internode, very fat secondaries and gigantic leafs. The smoke was pretty much on sugared NL, with a high totally Haze with musky scents. The supposed brainstorm “revision” is at a light year from it.

5 Likes

When I was admitted for Brain Surgery in 2016, I was just about a week or so in bloom… I came home and suffered from an infection. Had sepsis. Got re-admitted to the hospital. I Nearly died. That night I went in I blacked out but they said my heartbeat was over 240 and I was completely incoherent. That led to a 3+ month stay in the Hospital afterwards… it basically killed all my clones. My buddy came over to water my bloom plants and didn’t take care of my clones. I lost all those mother plants. When my plants were around day 70… he made one last trip and unplugged the lights and left them to dry standing up on the stalk.

I lost these…

1. Space Princess (Sputnik 1 white pheno x C99) Berry Menthol scent/flavor… probably my favorite plant from seed ever.
  2. Apollo 11G f3 (Genius x C99)
  3. Starfighter (Lemon Alien Dawg x Tahoe Alien)
  4. Chernobyl - Golden Ticket Cut (Bloodwreck x Jack the Ripper)

Besides all of those I really miss a few others like my old Apollo 13BX plant from TGA… original tester seed plant that I grew 2009ish. Sub said that it mirrored his mother Apollo 13 plant.

I also really liked a C99 that a guy named Neferti on Breedbay made in a really impressive grow thread he posted over there. These seeds were given as freebies from the Breedbay auction. He said they were from old Brothers Grimm seed stock. I was naive and didn’t clone everything back then. It was the best c99 I ever had and didn’t realize how special it was at the time.

Last but not least… a guy named “TheNewGuy” made a cross using SunyChebas Black Cherry x DJ Short Blueberry… I found some excellent ludens cherry cough drop phenos in those seeds. I actually have a few seeds left. I found a Cherry looking male in that pack and dusted a Bodhi Fantasy Island bud… made only a few seeds but still have them to this day… I hold them tight. I’m gonna run them someday soon.

15 Likes

Uw hashplant cut. Hands down best bud in pnw. Loved it so much. Wish I got that cut, or maybe if it was still around. I haven’t heard of that cut or bud for a grip. My friend would get a lb. From the medical program back in the day. That stuff was some straight kill.

6 Likes

Mid 80s afghan. The REAL roadkill skunk… Columbian gold… that used to come from santa marta region and its been all dried up for decades now… Im not sure if acapulco gold is still available as far as old genetics or not but thats another one… and in the 80s when ppl were buying from neville it would end up on the streets but we called it skunky… or piney… and we labeled it brown weed or green weed… lmao… the growers typically knew the strain but street punks werent getting it straight from them… youd have a friend that said i got some really good green shit… and then there you go…lol

9 Likes

I could get you an ibl f5 of that…

I have a vial of 10 seeds unopened I have yet to grow…been waiting for a reason to bust such a great base lone for many genetics today…

8 Likes

My Uncle Jim (RIP) use to grow Purple Afghan in the early-mid 90s in Stockton CA. My cousin was a teenager at the time and got into his stash and started selling it to his friends. When my uncle found out he was really really pissed :joy:

7 Likes