Leaf cupping downwards

This plant has looked fairly decent I’ve had a bit of trouble with watering issues using the fabric pots I need to get them off the floor my friend has got a cage for me but the leaves are cupping and I feel like I’m over-watering them but when I stick my finger in its moist. I was under watering at first and now I think I may be over-watering I’ve been trying to keep a schedule but I left the pot it feels sort of light there three and a half gallon pots just look at the plants there’s no sickness going on that leaves look healthy they’re just cupping maybe cheap much water and if you’re saying something on the surface it’s not mold it’s for gnats some my body gave me like Matt Nix or something? Check the pick out tell me what you think

don’t worry about the plant above it as you can see the edges are burned the soil was hot in because I’ve never use fabric pots the watering is slightly different what happened was I was spot watering and I believe the roots just got scorched so after the flesh they seem to a bounce-back but this guy down below was never burned so it was never flushed out I think the spot watering has created some issues medium is mg potting soil with a little perlite I haven’t added any nutrients besides a little Cal Mag but I’ve had great success with the Miracle Grow potting soil once the nutrients are used up that’s when I usually go in on the fertilizing the right now they really don’t seem to need anything besides Water and Light

4 Likes

Leaf claw can be caused by different things , too much nitrogen is usually the main cause but not always, heat and overwatering as well are common, do you have good air circulation and are the temps good in the GR?

6 Likes

I concur with @ITokealot and his above statement . Is the clawing plant a different strain ?could be that that plant is just a bit more sensitive to its mix or its environmental conditions.

3 Likes

Temps 75->] humidities 40 to 60% depending on how much water is in the pots I guess. I have a 4 by 4 tent I think it’s 190 CFM air mover. I got a bunch of those ratchet straps in the air mover from ipower it works good though I have nice airflow I have a fan on the floor like I said my friends making me a cage so I can raise everything off the ground but there is no mildewing going on the haze on the top soil is the gnat Nix or whatever. I don’t know if anybody has experience with these canvas pots that can give me help with watering because I feel like I’m spot watering or they may be watered too much what happened was the couple of other plans I had in there started getting Newt Burns so I decided to flush every pot that bottom right pot in the very top left pot or the same strain actually bagseed from some fairly decent just getting monsters they’re really once the roots hooked up like I said there’s no mold the plan hasn’t until the flash giving me any problems leaves just rolled under but they’re real waxy and dark the rest of my leaves as I hear they’re supposed to be our flat and cool to the touch maybe I should get a what’s it called a hydrometer that measures the moisture in the soil I stick my finger in there and it feels moist but not too moist it’s weird. I think I messed up in the beginning spot watering. I didn’t transplant from pot to pot I went straight from the Jiffy Puck and threw it right in the canvas pots as I found out Jiffy pucks are mostly peat and the m g mix has a lot of peed in it which lowers the pH which might explain why the two plants got burned I think what happened was the spot watering caused the salt build-ups because they’re growing out of it now I think water stress is causing a leaves and roll on that plant what do y’all think?

excess Nitrogen, imo or:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Yeah I haven’t given them any fertilizer because it’s pre-loaded I guess is has fertilizer in it the only thing I’ve really given them besides pH water(5.9-6.2) and a half strength dose of calmag but I have the Fox Farms Trio fertilizer and Bloom cities pH Up and Down and Cal Mag. If by tomorrow the leaves haven’t start rolling back out I think just that plan I might give it a shot of nitrogen. Thank you guys for your input and time always a pleasure to learn something new everyday!

2 Likes

I grow hydro , well mostly lol personally I don’t like to use dirt that’s preloaded, I like black dirt , I know they say not to put it in pots or containers, but I do lol I make a bed of rocks for drainage and I mix hydrotons in the dirt to help it stay airy and keeps it from compacting , then I add my own nutes. It’s always worked well for me, … fish emulsion works wonders too :slight_smile:

I wanted to go Hydro but I’m not going to lie to you I don’t have experience growing indoors so I figured the most forgiving medium right now would be to go with soil and I know how to make my own soil I should have done it myself through and some perlite some bonemeal and such in a rock layer at the bottom but I grabbed these canvas pots always trying to be some new cutting-edge shit going on with me LOL. I think a lot of us are like in the fact that we just want to make it work out you know what I’m saying I just want something that I can plant that the government doesn’t have to fucking step in and Crush my little plants which have cut me off of heroin now for 6 months sorry for the ranting I’m just sick of the taxation with no representation! Whiskey Rebellion no my friends we need a cannabis Rebellion flat out! Thanks for taking a look though dude I appreciate it

I hear ya Balti, would be nice to get them(gov) the fluck out of the way, esp considering they are a big cause of the epidemic, glad you’re fighting the fight brother, I pray for you and everyone else every day!

I think we all get caught up in the new shit lol I’m old school, doing the KISS lol

No worries, ranting is good and if you don’t stand for something it means you stand for nothing.

Always a pleasure:)

This leaf curling down if it is N, you are dealing with a toxicity not a defecincy here don’t compound the problem by giving more , just hold back for now. Yellowing of the leaves at the bottton of a plant is a good indicator of N def.

3 Likes

:point_down:

:fire: Don’t burn the witch! :joy: As Tinytuttle says-- Just plain water for now-- search for ‘LITFA’ here & advance to the 2nd level. :smile:

We always want to put the pedal to the metal but some ladies just aren’t down with it.

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Yeah I’ve always said soil is more forgiving for me I’m going to hold off on the N for now since the soil has some in it and get the water and back right I’m going to have to holler at some people with some fabric pots it’s just I because they dry so fast but I can see how the roots are expanding and some of them super fast like I said I think the spot watering overwatering or underwatering I need to get on the right schedule getting raised off the floor the fan keeps the air circulating so there’s no mold issues I’m just hoping they route so I’m hoping they bounce back quick. it really just happened shortly I just hope they flatten back out the same strain I’ll take a picture of both of them tonight side by side I believe it’ll roll back out I think I just overwatered under-watered some fabric pots I can see the benefits and the downsides. Thanks dudes I’m going to let them girls ride out for a little bit before I slam them with anything. Stay safe.
-J

2 Likes

Honestly, I grow strictly in soil and once I stopped messing with the ph I had a lot less issues. Soil buffers itself. I leave a bucket of water out overnight to evap the chlorine and that’s it. My tap water is off the chain acidic too and never have a problem. Also, I’ve never had a salt build-up on my fabric grow bags. They are designed so the salts are expelled through the fabric as far as I know. That little peet plug isn’t gonna make a difference in 3 gallons of soil. My guess is they are adjusting to the miracle gro junk in the soil and you are overwatering. With the fabric pots they don’t dry faster necessarily just differently. Don’t water unless you stick your finger in up to your 2nd knuckle and it is practically dry. Sending magical green thumb juju your way! :seedling::relaxed:

7 Likes

Good deal man that makes sense to me I was like I do too much you know what I mean I’m just one of them people that I see the slightest thing and I’m like all my God it’s going to die. I’m used to outdoor growing and couple Beatles dealing with here and there but the plants pretty much with bounce back as long as I didn’t mess with him too much but I never really fertilize my plants or made a whole lot of soil amendments other than to make sure it was kind of loose and Airy I guess you can call it. That makes sense I was just kind of spot watering them. Thanks for your help my buddy seems to think I might have an insect problem I highly doubt it. There’s no traces of anything

2 Likes

Keep an eye on the original cotelydons and lowest leaves, when they start yellowing then you can start light fertilizing. She’ll tell you when she’s ready.

2 Likes

You get them damn plants up yet ? Nah just messing with you. I found my way here. You know who i am. Im gonna get a journal going soon ill figure how to tag you.

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense the plant is probably just overwatered. I watered the plant by itself it was taking a little bit more water than the other ones I think I forgot about it. 2 plants got burned so I flushed all of them which I shouldn’t have done I’m just going to let it ride out it’s still damp below the surface. It’s all good I just changed my set up a little bit put my fan up high turn it down a little bit and aimed it down on them so now they all get a little bit more Air instead of just a few. I think it’ll bounce back there’s nothing’s yellowing like you said down bottom. thanks for your time and information. Stay safe.
-J

1 Like

Here we go again with the new growth cupping. I’m not gonna lie last time they were drying looking great all still are, but this stubborn lady is stressed. It was going away and I decided to give a 1/4 strength dose of ff plant foot and a lil big bloom. I should have left Charlie sheen alone. New growth is slightly cupping. Should I just ph water and LITFA. Oh I forgot it watched a link I used the pruning procuss of keeping the main cola but stripping around it to stunt it to let branches catch up and clear room for light penetration. Other than that I’m training slowly and took a few fan leaves for light. Thanks for info y’all. I’ve been a wreck lately. Sorry all. Be safe.
-J
If it’s not yellowing there’s no need to add N correct?

1 Like