Leaf tip “burn” only on immature newly budding leaves. What do I do?

Ok so need your help guys.

These are 2 month old plants in EarthBoxes which I accidentally let run dry two days ago.

Coots. Clover cover. Amendments are malted barley, kashi blend and organic veggie scraps.

The mature leaves are all fine. Just the babies have this singe.

Is it light burn? DLI is around 30.

10 Likes

Did it only start showing after the dry out? If so I wouldn’t worry about it, just maintain a good schedule of watering from here out.

Honestly, I just barely can notice that, still looks pretty damn healthy to me. :+1:

12 Likes

Thanks man. First grow so I’m sweating it.

Appreciate your comment. :pray:

5 Likes

I concur- these look healthy! Can’t wait to see them flower out!

3 Likes

I think those tips and yellowing may come not for light burn but possible Zinc def, anyway they look fine … beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

when you let them run dry there is not enough h20 so roots start to feel the burn and show this in the tips of leaves. remember look at your plant. what is above the the ground / pot is what is below the ground / pot. water accordingly the plant will show you ifts its happy or not. less is always best till you see how the plant gets along. enjoy the grow. it looks fine give it a good drink and carry on. checking the moisture of your pot by picking it up if its light feeling water the plant / pot. if it feels heavy / wet wait till it gets light weight and water. repeat and so on.

8 Likes

I was going to say pretty much the same thing that @mainerJ just said.

Your leaf tips became discolored due to the soil drying out too much between waterings.
Root tips and leaf tips correlate with each other… any root tip damage will be seen on the leaf tips first.

7 Likes

All good advice.
I’d also suggest backing the lights off 20% for 3 days. That will minimize stress until they are stable.

Cheers
G

9 Likes

took me a while to dial in the dirt myself. if the mix was / is to hot you would also see burnt leaves not just a bit of yellow but more like crispy burnt stuff at the end of the leaves and also the plant & leaves might show clawing or other sign . so far looks like you got it growing on.

3 Likes

I think there are several potential causes of that tip burn, but I agree with @Gpaw, dial down the lights a bit.

I recall seeing the same thing on a recent grow when I got too aggressive with the LED photons. That tiny tip burn is just what I saw, and I began to see foxtailing before I backed down the dimmer.

DLI 30 is as high as I ever go. It’s very near the saturation point where the plant can’t put it to use and it certainly risks leaf burn.

Otherwise, lookin good!
-Grouchy

3 Likes

I didn’t think about raising the lights for a few days, of course I never do until it’s too late. nice.

regards,

5 Likes

The plants look great

Worry less and enjoy

It’s your 1st grow ? You’ll be fine

4 Likes

Definitely not an issue, slight tip burn imo is pretty much inevitable when using nutrients. I’m of the belief that most problems aren’t as bad as they are made out to be. And that most new growers are just overwhelmed and paranoid because there’s so much info /diaries/logs/forums etc. that people are seeing issues much much more with so many first time growers starting up year after year.

2 Likes

This is simply not true… Your opinion is forever worthless and you will never be allowed to grow my Skunk genetics. Thanks for making the list TopTrees

“tip burn” is a deficiency. Eventually his bottom leaves will be falling off and he’ll come back and ask about that, and be told it’s a different problem. It’s not a different problem.

Then he’ll wonder why his bud tastes bad, or is hard to cure, or has to be kept in a fridge. It’s the same problem. Potassium deficiency. You’d think self Mr proclaimed Top shelf would have a clue, but they never do. These people peddling empty nonsense always buy a fridge and some Boveda terp packs instead of growing with proper potassium levels.

Blame the genetics, blame the weather. It’s never the excess calcium killing your quality… It’s never the blatant obvious potassium deficit.

Learned a lot reading through this thread. Good advice here.

Thanks for posting.

3 Likes

Hummmmmm, the Calcium conspiracy blocking Potassium strikes again …ejem|nullxnull

4 Likes

I agree.
My call is too much “P”!
Most feed mix today is high in “P”, so this is very common.
More so in flower as folks like to up the feed strength.

But more than likely it will not be an issue.
I bet over 75% of growers here are feeding too much “P”.

In case folks don’t know what “P” is…is it Phosphorus.
The middle one in NPK.

Lower the feed strength and it should stop happening on new leaves.
The old leaves never recover from this.

Again, not super harmful, if you look at most plant pics on here you will see just the tip of the leaf is burnt in flower.
So don’t go chasing shit round, and messing with other stuff.

Good luck
Shag

2 Likes

damn dude did your dog die

1 Like

words of wisdom 4sho

1 Like

@3MBT

you seem like a knowledgable, all around good dude.

can you tell us all about your skunk genetics?

also what medium do you grow in? are you a supersoil dude?