Leafminers!? 🐛

I have taken some samples to check with the scope and they seem bugs, some kind of worms that leave turdy trails :poop:, I don’t know if one of the pics show them “in action”, no nutrient burn or windburn, apparently? icon_e_confused|nullxnull

1 Like

That’s a bug? It looks like a white blob and a brown blob. You can see eyes on it or something?

1 Like

You’re right, no bugs around. There’s another Hibernate with damage in the new growth, I don’t think any deficiency or excess can cause that in the tissues, they don’t look burnt, now my suspicions goes to some kind of mould :sweat:, I can see the stem affected.

I am going to trim all the damaged leaves just in case, quite strange 
 closedeyes

1 Like

I have been wondering for days now if this might be a situation where you have some condensation caused by temperature shifts and an opportunistic mould has set up ‘camp’.

Cheers
G

1 Like

Thanks Gpaw for your input beer3|nullxnull, I’m starting to think the same, although it doesn’t look like botrytis, sooty mould or fusarium. Just the hibernate have been affected so maybe the others are more mould resistant.

Temperatures are in a tolerable range:

Humidity raised lately because I stopped the fan thinking it could be windburn :sweat:, there are two small dehu but guess I will have to work on that:

I am thinking about spraying with diluted aspirin and waiting more for the pots to dry :cactus:. Glad we’re finally getting some conclusions 
 :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

When I have a question, I turn to high resolution optics.

I know, your thread is qiite scary :sweat_smile:, I just have a cheapo chinese scope, enough to check trichomes and discard things, do you think it is a sort of fungus, for sure you have seen more than me 
 Arriba|nullxnull

fungus usually looks like a forest of “things” and you can usually wipe away the colony with your finger. That looks almost like dead patches with strange cracks in it. Can anything be captured with an alcohol swatch? That should knock out most critters for examination. Or gather debris for study. The strange growth pattern of the other plants with the curled leaf looks almost like a nutrient thing. The white parts look like dead patches. You can see what looks like normal plant but it’s white and dried out? What about the brown can you pick it off like it’s an object? Or is it part of the leaf? Try to isolate a part of it for examination.

2 Likes

I usually get a piece of toilet paper and soak it in isopropyl then I use that to kill and capture any pest for examination. They usually show up good on white.

1 Like

I just want to kill them! :sweat_smile: I also have a weird plant that I keep for scientifically purposes to see what it will finally be:

I saw I lazy fly and when gone:

One cannot be safe even indoors. I thought about nutrients problems, but the rest of the plant are ok. All the samples I had are destroyed and leaves trimmed. I have sprayed with diluted peroxide and will repeat with some aspirin as bonus. Hope that will stop that “whatever it is” :sweat:.

I am far from your technical approach, too deep knowledge for me, I appreciate your help and will discard the fungus, so back to the starting point :sweat_smile:, let’s see how it goes 

beer3|nullxnull

3 Likes

I admit I am hardcore. I will study it and determine it’s life cycle and then I will use the knowledge to cause it’s extinction.
Knowing Is Half The Battle - GI Joe

3 Likes