Leave your tip to grow, What's your secret to grow your weed?

i myself dont buy all that expensive Dirt’s i use Super Miracle Gro from Walmart i have for many years and also reused it for the same and grow Dank Weed.

1 Like

the secret is master the basics :slight_smile: :pray:

5 Likes

Pick an inert media. Get a reliable, simple feed (3 part max), follow the instructions and LITFA.

8 Likes

Learn to GARDEN in general and treat it as a plant, overthinking and focusing on the latest hype nutes or additives, boosting this and that without having a grasp on the basics is going to make for expensive and timely mistakes. Hydro or soil, it’s still gardening and info is out there, not just focus on weed.
Treat it like a tomato or pepper, and go from there.

18 Likes

:joy: I’m liking your sense of humor! Crystals… :roll_eyes::rofl:

3 Likes

I tried all them things but in the end the 3 responses above yours (Notice they have all them green dotty things?) are really the only ‘secrets’. All the pros know the secret is in the talents of the grower to know his/her plant and gardening principles. There aren’t any shortcuts or secrets, unless you let someone else grow it for you, LOL. My current ‘secret’ is watering with my own tears, and I think it’s causing salt build-up. LOL Seriously though after about 6 yrs of perpetual output organic soil growing, I could not get over a bug problem last spring. My cure was to stop growing indoor for 3 months, repaint sterilize and restart, not a secret, but a solution. Cheers

11 Likes

Here is my “secret to success”:

Log everything you do! Notate nuances of each strain and plant. This way if you grow the same strain again you can go back into your log and compare from one grow to the next. You can see what their needs are and act accordingly. One pheno of the same strain may have much different needs than the other pheno.
I grow a lot of different strains each grow so without logging I soon lose information learned.
I guess if you have a photographic memory than no need to log. I would call my memory more of a toilet paper memory so logging is a must or else just……. FLUSH!

10 Likes

I definitely need to start taking notes :sweat_smile:. I have so many mother plants to supply different clones, it will be impossible for me to remember if one cut likes more or less feed than the rest, how much each one stretches, better grown single cola or topped, to lollipop heavily or leave it alone since it doesn’t stretch to produce.

@Oldjoints what kind of stuff do you like to include in your notices? I’m thinking bloom time, amount of stretch, better grown single cola or topped, how much it wants to branch out, to lollipop or not, relative amount of feed, need for supports, low or high yielding. then special notes like if they tend to drink more, or if they don’t tolerate overwatering, if they turn amber under my LEDs or not (I’ve had several strains not turn amber even when left to mature weeks longer).

3 Likes

I am no expert but I keep it simple…
Keep inside plants inside and outside plants outside
Bring in an outside plant means mites/mold/thrips.,.

5 Likes

I’m gonna go out on a limb here.

My secret, if there is a secret, is to pay close attention to your roots.
Healthy roots = Healthy plant. This would include making sure they have enuff space to thrive. At least Five Gal pots for photos and Three Gal for autos.
Think about how a tree or a bush grows outside. The height of the tree or bush is the approx depth of the tap root. And the width of the branches on this tree or bush is the approx width that the roots will reach. This in agri is called drip edge. It’s where the rain water drips off a given tree or bush. Inside, obviously you can’t have a 6 foot tall pot, we substitute that for as big a pot as we are able to use.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

5 Likes

My grow tip:

Grow clones. Not to say you shouldn’t grow seeds, but, if you do, grow them out, and clone them.

Not just for preservation sake, but more so because a cutting goes through a bunch of hormonal changes that lead it’s product to become more tasty than that of the mother plant put into flowering.

I don’t know why, I just know it’s proven consistently true in my garden, and I’ve not been the only one to notice as I’ve spoken to more growers attesting to the same.

9 Likes

Kitchenscraps.

6 Likes

My grow tip is… it’s a seed. Put it in some soil. Add water. Watch it grow :v:

4 Likes

My secret is you get out of it what you put in!!
You can always get by with skipping things, you just lose a little at the end for everything you skip

1 Like

Best tip:

You’re not growing a plant. You’re creating an optimal environment for a plant to grow in :+1:

18 Likes

O2 saturation in your water.

Do research, make your own soil, use quality genetics… and love! Love your plants… they actually do love you back in return.

4 Likes

Using an ozone generator to enrich your water with oxygen in worthwhile levels in a small timespan.

Ozone separates into oxygen, is healthy for plants when dissolved in water, and dissolves oxygen atoms in water 12 times more easily than in regular oxygen form, leading to an enormous increase in available oxygen in the root zone.

2 Likes

Hangout on overgrow and read and post!!

5 Likes

Definitely! I always do a dickrub on a few cola’s and they always get more stanky in return.

Got that parmezan vibe to it.

4 Likes