Lebathon - A year in Lebanon

Still got these on my wishing list since the first time I saw them :tired_face::fire::point_up::point_up::point_up:

The black are hypnotic and dangerous at the same time !!

5 Likes

This is actually pretty interesting :thinking: :flushed:

4 Likes

Considering the soil makeup of the region it would seem likely that these plants are accustomed to sandy soil with lower density of nutrients than what most of us are accustomed to running. I’d think it would be easy in hydro to run too hot for what the plants can handle. Also, since it’s a moderately arid region could the lack of dry down in hydro play a role?

6 Likes

IIRC I remarked that they did prefer a drier pot. They also don’t seem to mind being rootbound. I think these observations spot on and important for this particular strain specifically. Nice observation about more stable in soil. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m sorry are you saying you have less stress in organics for bi sexed plants? I’m not understanding. I look at the seed. I look at how it pops. Soil is very important to me in the 1st sages. Now to organics. :100: believe I’m them. Yes I can go to Home Depot get stuff and grow with out ph at all :100:. Do I have problems yes. Because I still try and rush them instead of them doing it on their own. Time release is why I go by the clock. I go :100: on schedule. With ever grow. If they aren’t ready sorry time for the others to move up to the big light.

1 Like

I’m not making any conclusions yet. But on more than one occasion finding herms where people growing in organic soil did not (same seed stock).

It has been my belief for a few years now that nutrient concentration can be a form of stress in plants, and that can be a cause of intersex traits. Growing organically, you are much less likely to cause this kind of stress compared to salts where nutrient exchange is done by a physical process (osmosis) compared to chemical/biological process (soil bacteria).

It’s just a theory I have based on observations. I don’t have enough evidence to claim any kind of certainty.

15 Likes

It’s all in fun anyway.

1 Like

For the Lebanese, when I transplant them in hydro, I have to start them at a very long feed schedule compared to most other plants I’ve grown. I find it’s better to let them dry out to a point where the plant even slightly loses turgidity than to risk over watering them. Then once they are big enough I change 1x daily feeding to 2x daily. Most other plants seem to be able to start at 2 and then go to 3 or 4 feeds at maturity.

8 Likes

I have been having a cough and chest irritation this week. Not covid, at least according to my home test.

Last night I remembered I had made rosin from the RSC Lebanese x black and blue Lebanese from last run. The consistency and effect makes me think there is a decent amount of CBD in it, but it really calmed down my cough when I vaporized it.

Almost immediately, my lungs felt like they opened up and I could breathe better. Really great medicine! :+1:

17 Likes

This is an interesting thought :thinking:

I have seen calcium deficiency in flower cause late nanners to appear in cultivars that otherwise never showed that behaviour in previous grows. But haven’t seen anything concrete when it comes to hydro vs soil when both are fed properly… I also need more data to make any actual conclusion though.

7 Likes

I think improper feeding is much more possible with some landraces in hydro, since they are much less tolerant than high feeding hybrids. I think you can tweak how often and how concentrated your feeds are to fix it, but sometimes you don’t figure those things out until you grow a strain a few times.

So at least in theory, that’s the advantage that organics can have. Salts don’t have the same kind of rate limiting processes that slow the feeds to what the plants need. It’s up to the growers to figure that out.

10 Likes

It’s not a full moon, but I’m popping Leftys Blk Lebanese bx tonight.

As excited as I am for the smoke, I believe his genetics will truly help some other lines I have — specifically the Kashmirs; they could use some help in the density department. If all goes well, I’ll reveg/save cuts of the lebs for some other harebrained hybrid ideas I have.

Thanks again, man @lefthandseeds I can’t wait to show these off!

15 Likes

They are something else. Have a great time.

3 Likes

I’ll join you dropping 4 tonight thanks @lefthandseeds and @lambchopedd

5 Likes
13 Likes

mmm now that’s my favorite kinda flower right there :drooling_face:

4 Likes

Kashmir Azad x Black Lebanese Bx sounds like a winning combo.

6 Likes

Since the RSC pheno didn’t work out, I’ll just be making Syrian x BB Leb selections this round. I kept a male that I liked, so I have some pollen starting to drop from this guy. I love the look of the fan leaves, fairly narrow and very straight. Good prounounced branching, medium height and frequent clustering along branches.

After I make this selection and grow some tux, I’ll probably crack some new Lebanese. What I would really like to add is volume, because these Syrian hybrid females I’m not expecting to be high yielders. I needed the RSC phenos for that, so we’ll go back to well and try some more. Luckily, I have some selections from @zephyr to try next that came from different RSC stock. I also made some trades for a great looking Lebanese from @royal.

20 Likes

Sounds great keep it up love reading your progress.

Got 4 for 4 Black Lebanese bx popped and in solo cup. Can’t wait

2 Likes

Damn. That black leb x black afghan is off the charts amazing looking!

3 Likes