Lebathon - A year in Lebanon

That’s a beautiful male right there :heart_eyes:
Really catches my eye, and that’s rare. Hope you’re putting him to good use over there ^^

4 Likes

They will make some babies for sure, but only on Other Turk and the Lebs this year. Everything else I have going at the moment needs preservation before playing with hybrids. Too bad. I’d have plastered everything I grew this year with them.
( I could hit an Ilaqai Nasal though…)

5 Likes

I planted 8 of my Point Break x Leb Black seeds last week. 6 made it (possibly 7, but I think that one is dying)

Gonna see what I get for male/females ratio.
Either a regular seed run, or…I do still have some Leb blue/black pollen from @lefthandseeds … it’s in the freezer from 2021.
No idea if it’s still viable. But may separate out one or two females and hit her with that pollen to see what happens

8 Likes

Wow great flowers! Who’s line is that from? It looks tall, but for some reason I was under the impression that Turkish plants were usually very squat. But I’ve never grown one yet.

Here’s my outdoor that I chopped yesterday. I’m almost positive it was BaOx x Willy G Lebanese. Unbelievable how early it started flowering…

14 Likes

Your last picture with the purple hairs on top is a trait of the blue hemp leb, especially if it develops a nanner like growth at the apex of the bud.

2 Likes

Have you grown that cross yet or first time? I wonder what the flowering time will be.

2 Likes

I did grow out a couple from this cross last year. I don’t remember what the flower time was though… I’ll keep better track this time

3 Likes

That looks fantastic! Beautiful buds.
Check out the fade on this BB Leb from you…

These bud really fast. 7 weeks maybe.
The Turkish males are maybe 4 feet. From GregOG.

13 Likes

Absolutely gorgeous. That’s the reason I like them. They make great bud, fast and look good doing it :joy:

Hope you enjoy it. It’s one I plan to keep around for a while.

8 Likes

I’m sad I didn’t make pure leb seed. I’ve been growing longflowers so much I took it for granted there’d be pollen a few weeks. He was super fast. Dumped all pollen at once and then died. Nice flower cluster on him too.
I never did pollinate with the Turkish. Weather just too wet til today. We have a nice dry stretch now. Tomorrow for sure.

6 Likes

This will be a test in “how long is frozen pollen good for?”
This Lebanese Blue/Black pollen from @lefthandseeds is 2.5 years old.

Today I dusted a Blockhead BX gal that has a real interesting smell with the pollen. She still has 4-5 weeks left to go in flower, so maybe I’ll get a couple viable seeds?

Let’s see what happens!

IMG_1065

14 Likes

@romanoweed was looking for some pollen to preserve his turkish, he might be interested in this :eyes:

1 Like

Good luck! I eagerly await the results.
@ChongoBongo He’s usually too afraid of getting anything in the mail.

2 Likes

Wow, I’ll be surprised if that still takes but I’m pulling for you!

3 Likes

@lefthandseeds @firehead I still have some of this excat same pollen from the same time frame. I’m very hopeful this is still viable for you and me ,)

2 Likes

Nope Viking was made in the Netherlands in the early 1980s.From this field in 1982 Viking was selected.It was a cross A2 x A10 and one of them was an Afghan and the other one imo a Lebanese.Wernard didn’t know it anymore at the time i asked him.

Viking plant in the garden

18 Likes

Wow. That’s beautiful :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Damn that is an impressive plant! Wow! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Vikings i grew

Sativa Mexicana x Viking (male)

Leb27 with a rare trait

Red Leb27

21 Likes

Outstanding looking beauties :heart_eyes: