Lebathon - A year in Lebanon

That bush Leb looks just like a Kandahar Afghan.
Neat! Great photos!

4 Likes

Lebanese field 2008

14 Likes

Hungarian breeder Ívan Bósca did make a hybrid of the same trait found in a Lebanese and crossed it with an European hemp variety Fibromon.

hemp43

12 Likes

Wow great pictures. What an incredible grow

6 Likes

Did he say why he crossed the lebanese hashplant to a hemp fiber line with zero drug traits?

2 Likes

Purpose for Panorama as this variety was called was to use it as ornamental in the garden.

3 Likes

17 Likes

Re discovered this thread this eve. Thought I’d share here. Had the privilege of growing some of the black leb this summer - here are my early season finishers with my favourite black leb front and centre (ended growing three of these ladies) they were revegged after early sexing indoors and finished early with some light dep.

This one you see here held a few beans from some Violetta pollen.

Grateful to Left Hand for the gift, many thanks.

16 Likes

yup,i was thinkin the same…the short,bushy do look pretty much afghani

2 Likes

download - 2023-09-19T183505.618

Richard Schultes with a Kandahar plant on the right.

8 Likes

Also from Kandahar but Ruderalis 1973

dfdfa

And another picture of those two plants

13 Likes

Cue Despacito music :cry:
Dude intentionally introduced monoecious fiber-bred genetics into a possible thousand+ year drug-bred line because he wanted an ornamental? :see_no_evil: :man_facepalming:

6 Likes

Lol. A smokeable ornamental😄. My favorite kind!
@lefthandseeds man these Lebs are TASTY! Sour cedar taste. Just delicious!
I did pollinate the last fresh Leb stigmas with Turkish pollen. It’s going to be a close one, But hopefully the pollen took and some of the seeds mature. The weatherman screwed up again and we had a whole entire day of unexpected rain within Six hours of pollination. I put ziplock bags over the buds that were pollinated and removed them a day later. There were two plants left that I was able to pollinate. The Sativa pheno and a tight nugged cedar pheno…
Stigmas turned on the sativa pheno. A good sign…

11 Likes

:partying_face: that’s pretty close to how I would describe them. Definitely on the spicy and sour side to me as well. It’s hard to get mature seeds on these plants sometimes. Hope it works out!!

7 Likes

is that the blues or the blacks or all of the above? I have a pack of the black leb from ya I came across the other day that all this Leb talk has me putting them on my short list. Along with your Everyday Haze

6 Likes

Hey, the Lemon Thai I’m running is another early flowering strain. It started first week of August and going into week 7 now. :wink:

7 Likes

I had the “black and blue” Leb. All smell great, only sampled 2 so far…both very tasty. Relaxing, strong buzz with no cure.

4 Likes

At what latitude?

2 Likes

There’s an observation. They do finish fast IME and if you don’t pollinate pretty early seeds might not mature, The one I flowered out was just Black and finished about ~50 days after the turn

5 Likes

I’m at 37ºN and 6400ft./1950m elevation, with a mostly dry climate. They say we get 300+ days a year with sunshine. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes