Lebathon - A year in Lebanon

That’s great! @Papalag showed a very inspiring grow of that cross, with a really pretty haze pheno.

The RSC phenos are both super weird and very interesting. The quad top may be starting to turn black now as well. I’ve never seen bud develop like these.

Custom nutrients are going very well so far. lol I wasn’t really being serious about my plants dying. I have enough confidence by now to know they wouldn’t. I’m looking forward to trying it from earlier in the grow. Most of the plants are past their highest nutrient demands now.

I’ll get some more pics up tomorrow or Sunday!

14 Likes

Thanks man, yeah @Papalag definitely knocked it out the park with that one. Highly inspiring.

If the quad top turns black I’ll be blown away! Looks like you’re bringing out some amazing stuff in those genetics.

I figured you were just messing with everyone (or maybe just me lol) I know you got this. You should 100% use a custom blend start to finish next grow.

Thanks again :pray: those rsc phenos are quite fascinating and have me intrigued. Looking forward to seeing that colour pop in the coming weeks!

5 Likes

Day 44 Flower

I’m getting a lot of color filling in this round. It’s been colder in my basement than it usually is in the winter due to the air conditioning being on. So I think that might also be helping the colors along.

First photo is the scraggly Leb27 pheno, followed by 4 photos of the RSC phenos. After that is a nice looking Black/Blue Leb starting to fill nicely in and leaning toward Black Leb, and some Black Leb clones needing to be strung up, bearing plenty of backcross seeds.

I think the 3 Black Leb clones I have running now should be finishing inside of ~1 week. Along with them, the Leb27 pheno might also be done soon as well. The RSC phenos don’t yet have a lot of orange pistils. I would bet they’re at least 2 weeks out. The other 2 stragglers were started behind the others and might take 3-4 weeks. One of those is pretty scraggly, and looks like it’s going to be pushing bud apex nanners and I’ll probably cull it early. I have 4 plants cramped into my smaller 4x4 tent that can take spots at any time. One is a nice looking leb that’s just starting to bud.

The rsc phenos are actually quite amusing to me. The way they stack bud is totally bizarre, and I might want to grow some offspring from them. They’re already crossed to black/blue leb, so their seeds will be a backcross. I used the tall branchy male on them to offset their crazy compact structure.

29 Likes

Those Lebanese plants are really something. I really dig the structure of them. Beautiful plants!

5 Likes

Colors!

First two are a nice black and blue leb I have going. Fingers crossed I don’t get nannaz. Last one is black leb clone.

33 Likes

That quad flower top plant is amazingly wacky! So cool

5 Likes

It kind of reminds me of some Iranian pictures I’ve seen before. Definitely some crazy stuff!

8 Likes

Beautiful colours over there :kissing_heart:, much interested in how you managed this grow, love the results … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

Beautiful plant! Really liking both the colors and the structure! :+1:

6 Likes

Another magnificent update, you’re really killing it with these Lebanese brother. Can’t wait to see how much colour comes through in the end, and how those quad tops finish!! :grinning:

6 Likes

Beautiful plants love the colors you have coming in looks to be stacking great too going to be a lot of fun watching this all unfold also like the details you put in your updates a lot good info

4 Likes

Harvest Day 52 - Black Lebanon #1 Clones

These are two clones off of the same plant. This Black Lebanon is a different pheno than the other one, which you’ll see soon. Unlike the other Black Leb, this one turns black progressively, and didn’t fill in completely. You can see the in the leaf pictures, the coloration fills up the leaves. It’s a more dark purple color, with many other colors present on the plant.

It was by far the larger of the two. Structure of the mom was more apical, but these clones branched very well. Great resin producers as well. Smells are more berry off of this girl, but also some spices that are hard to place. These finished a little sooner than they would have otherwise. About a week earlier, as per usual from clone. Terrific strain from Geneseeds.

I’ve pollinated branches on each with 2 different phenos of Black & Blue Lebanese, making Black Lebanon BX.

28 Likes

Congrats on the harvest man, some pretty colorful fade!! :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

4 Likes

Black Lebanon Clone #2

Here’s the other pheno. This one changes to full black in a very different way. Late in the grow, it turns darker and darker. Most of the time, it just looks like it’s getting darker green, and then by the time you take it out of flower lighting and put it under more neutral/daylight lighting, see how black it is.

This was a much smaller plant, and nearly impossible to clone. Her sister cloned easily, but she’s exceptionally stubborn. The mother plant was actually more branchy than her sister. Smells are more piney, spicy and herbal. No berry smells like her sister, and much more difficult to describe.

Also pollinated branches on her with both phenos of black/blue leb for Black Lebanon BX.

28 Likes

Harvest Day 52 - Leb27/Blue Hemp pheno

Originally, I had pegged this one as a Leb27 pheno, due to an initial set of 3 branches at the bottom. It grew pretty tall and lanky, much like the Leb27 mom. However, as the buds developed, they actually look a lot like the Blue Hemp Leb. A little coloration came through on some buds and leaves.

Resin looks pretty good. Buds have that pointy, open look, like the BH Leb mom. Smell is low, but more toward berry. Yield is low. Nothing terribly spectacular here, but she was fun to watch. Unusual plant, with slightly wilder expressions.

21 Likes

Last little show for the week. The quad top is starting to swell and look hilarious. Like 4 little sausages popping out the top. The RSC phenos, especially the other one got really K hungry at the end. I didn’t amend in any extra K – but it probably would have helped. Although, I think they’re hurting more at this point from the outrageous fungus gnat infestation I’ve been battling (and losing).

I was gone all weekend, and the gnats went wild. I was so pissed I went ballistic. No more fuckin around. This time, I rotated all the pots, cleaned everything and the RSC phenos got their whole root systems submerged and rinsed in 10x concentrated garden friendly fungicide. A good thorough dunk in a 5 gallon bucket to rinse all the nasties off…

Then, I treated all the plants directly with BTi at a very high concentration, which will be sitting in the pots all night until the next flood drain cycle. Tomorrow, I’ll change the reservoir, and then do another submerge/rinse in BTi. They’re probably 1-2 weeks from finish. I’m not willing to risk letting pathogens stick around the roots.

23 Likes

Beautiful looking specimens bro. I do like those cone type buds. It reminds me of most of all the NAW seeds strains from Sannies site.

I’m trying to keep my Lebanon pollen in mind. I have a lot of avenues open for this season.

It’s early. I have those Azad Kashmir and Malana going… I’m so busy that I’m still trying to get my seed stash organized so I can be more efficient. I have my hands full this time of year.

Oh, I got some stuff to send you soon. That OH on ON Haze got pollinated with the 4P Haze along with a lot of Samwellbb’s stuff and a few others. I’m popping some now to help a new grower and another friend. I think they could be good.

I have to go up to the mountains to get clones from the PPP. I left them with 6 young plants.

Anywho, I must be high. And, that’s not a bad thing!

Thanks for the pics. peace

10 Likes

That haze cross sounds really great. Hopefully you get some girls! I’d love to see what comes in flower.

8 Likes

I’m gonna wait on the OH/ON x 4P. but wanted to share some with you. Not a lot of seeds total but enough. That could be a nice one.

I’m hoping some of these others will be good. G13/hp x 4P… gonna drop some of those for my friends and maybe the Ortega x 4P. They should all be good. I’m trying to finally spread some around so I can get clones and watch my friends grow them.

7 Likes

I JUST found this thread, so I have some reading to do.

Here’s my question(s) though:
What’s so special about Lebanese strains?

I have a friend that made f2s of Crickets & Cicadas Silk Road (Red Lebanese x PNWHP/NL1). He & Bob Hemphill have raved over the Red Lebanese. But I’ve been so on the fence about running it because I know next to nothing about Leb strains.

One of my concerns is that Leb strains are higher in CBD. That’s based off of the RSCs description of their Lebanese, plus there has been some talk about hemp contamination on OG surrounding Lebanons Bekka Valley.

But again, I know nothing. Anyways…. Now I shall go read this thread. Thanks in advance to anyone who chimes in.

10 Likes