Led recommendations

What are good recommendations for a 5x5. My Kind Led is having software issues! Don’t buy these lights NO customer service! Was looking at HLG Diablo, Mammoth or Gavita?

3 Likes

This is about the best you can do for the money from a long-standing company in the industry:

Will easily flower a 5x5 without any issues.

:peace_symbol: :rainbow:
:green_heart:

11 Likes

Holy crap what a discount on those atm.

4 Likes

Go with the HLG and don’t be afraid to go with their refurbished lights at all, great deal and they REALLY stand behind all their products new or refurbished! :+1::wink::facepunch::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Wow! What a deal! Wish I had the coin now. Heard only great stuff about Apache

5 Likes

@Cannaology id jump ALL OVER that Apache deal! Seriously

4 Likes

I’d probably get two smaller lights and dim them to get even PAR, but that’s just me. I don’t have any experience actually flowering with LED yet haha

4 Likes

HLG makes good quality lights, but they create a hotspot no matter what the configuration unless it’s a strip/bar config. Also, they are greatly overengineered to produce more light than any home grower will ever need in the recommended space. But they are high quality and American assembled, so there’s something to be said for that.

(technical talk) Their transition to the high blue peak and high red peak Samsung EVO chips is following the hype market, but is not following the science. Science says you want white full spectrum chips without severe peaks in the spectrum, reducing blue output and focusing on the yellow/red/far red end of the spectrum for best cannabis growth throughout the lifecycle. But, efficiency is likely the most important thing if you have reasonably high CRI “white” output. And, in home grows, we’re so inconsistent from round to round that spectrum likely makes almost no meaningful difference.

But, if you have an option for a particular color temp, always go for the lowest for both veg and flower. All modern white LEDs have more than enough blue to counteract the enhanced far red present in some manufacturer’s 2700k and 3000k lights.

I would avoid Mammoth and Gavita if at all possible.

This is not a bad idea, and I think you could separate the Apache ATV light at the hinge to get two halves to accomplish most of this. Having the flexibility to adjust your light for taller/shorter plants on each side of your square canopy is a good idea.

:peace_symbol: :rainbow:
:seedling:

7 Likes

Lots of good links and ideas in there…

Super easy and sometimes better quality and alot cheaper than buying from vendors

4 Likes

If I had a bunch of extra dough atm I def would be buying two of those. Just to finally give LED a try lol
Last time I went down the rabbit hole that is online research , I found nothing but good things about Apache lights.

5 Likes

That recommendation is a couple years old. DIY is no longer a good option unless you have a weird space/layout.

Everyone who was recommending DIY now recommends just buying something off the shelf because you can’t build anything better for less, and not even close anymore. Plus, most retail fixtures from good companies have warranties that mean something, and you barely have to use them anymore cuz most are bulletproof.

I’m still very happy with my DIY, but if I had to do it all over again today, I’d save time and money and buy a prebuilt light. I wouldn’t buy MARS HYDRO or VIPARSPECTRA cuz they’re cheap chicom junk, but I would definitely buy that Apache now, or maybe an HLG on sale.

:peace_symbol:

3 Likes