LED_Seedz Team #3 - Lemon Garlic OG x Starfighter

7 Likes

3 weeks update:
The green parts still weren’t looking that great, but I transplanted them yesterday and the roots looked pretty good. Today they look much better already.

I’m going to be out of town a couple of times during this grow so I have switched nutrients to Greenleaf’s Mega Crop. I figure the one part formula will make it easier and less time consuming for other people to take care of the plants. Plus I like the idea of a one part dry nutrient for it’s simplicity and economy so I’m drinking the Mega Crop Kool Aide.

They were looking underfed so I fertigated with 1.5 EC :fearful:

As of yesterday they are under a 600 watt MH for 12 hours at night and in the flower room for the other 12 hours of the day.

Here’s a comparison of the originals and the seeds that popped a week later. You can see the difference in the leaves between the two (the original 3 week plants are in jiffy pellets, 2 week plants are in rockwool cubes):
2 weeks roots:

3 weeks roots:
3 weeks roots

Veg pics: I decided I’m probably not going to kill them accidentally, so I named them. Let me introduce numbers 1-14

6 late starter 7 days old:

8 Likes

Hello guys, hello Mr. @LED_Seedz. Sorry i haven’t posted on this thread as much. My plants were sick and dying and i felt bad about it, i almost killed you plants sire. But now look at them, i was treating coco the same way as soil, which seems to be the number one mistake for people that switch from-to…

10 Likes

This example of turnaround is why I don’t always choose people who have been doing it forever like myself.

It shows me that the strain has the durability it needs to get through when it’s beat on a bit, neglected, gets bugs, etc etc… I always anticipate some issues and stay around the site a bit to help out when I can.

You’re on the right path now.

Just as a suggestion to everyone running these, if you are limited to size a bit I would grow these candelabra style. From what I am seeing, we have lots and lots of vigor here.

6 Likes

Here are the 2 I have. I cut one back to show the process of creating the perfect candelabra.

This plant was at the beginning of the 9th node. I removed the top at the 7th node, and removed the 2 lower set of branches which are underdeveloped and will never give you any weight. If I was taking cuts those would have been used. Instead I decided to keep on an extra lower set giving me 5 pairs of branches so I can remove the lower two in a week or so when I see sex being shown.

Same plant after:

Pretty confident this one is a male.

The second one was just topped at the 7th node and the lowers left for now as I suspect this one to be female.

Both flipped today and I will check the vigor.

10 Likes

I flipped my room the 20th real big bummer all 5 males :cry: { side note they wasn’t the only ones out of 22 plants total of 16 males all that time and neuteriants wasted }:cry::persevere::rage::cry::sob::no_mouth:

4 Likes

I hear you bro, had a 1/15 seeds female on last norstar seed run… 6/7 of the good ones that got to flower place were dudes… and just 1 was interesting as pollen donor… :cold_sweat:
Got a quite empty flowering tent now as result…
Ds

3 Likes

I popped a pack of TGA once, all males, not one female. Ha! Ha! I was amazed and crushed at the same time. It has never happened before or since. I should have been playing poker. :grin:

4 Likes

I am just so happy with the way they are turning out. I gotta post pics!

Lemon Garlic OG x StarfighterAlien Rift

LGOGxSF on the left (12) and the Alien Rift on the right (12).

Not a single Fungus Gnat in the whole grow. By this time last grow; i had sticky traps, AzaMax and BIT in the form of both bits and dunks. Managed to get rid of them yes, but i am loving coco, that’s all.

15 Likes

I believe you have these ones running just right.

Great to see.

99%

4 Likes

And to think i almost killed them by starvation… Coco is better than soil, easier to know pH and EC and easier to correct. A little bit less forgiving but great anyway.

Thanks man!

3 Likes

They are looking fantastic now. Nice work.

3 Likes

Now your rocking! When are you flipping?

3 Likes

Excellent!
Look how green your thumb has become in less than a year!
Great work👍

3 Likes

Thanks man!

I wanna give them some time to develop side branches, do you think two more weeks would be good?

I’ll do my best to make this weed the better i have ever smoked… THX Man!

5 Likes

I flip by nodes opposed to anything else from seed. Time is never a consideration. If I had that many plants in there and you want your best chance at getting all females flowered well I’m flipping the minute they hit 7 nodes, and topping there. Once they start to sex, remove the two lower sets of branches from each to get your cuts if your trying to save things and roll on. Those 4 nodes of branching should be fairly true and grow nice little candelabra’s not to overfill your space, and is more suited for LED growing. Proper training plants for LED grows is not the same as HPS grows.

If you don’t get quite the yield you were looking for, make it happen on the cuts. These are just a test, but I am fairly confident you’ll crush it flipping this way.
:slight_smile:

6 Likes

Once they hit 7th nodes, i top it and flip it at the same time?

Lollipopping! You got it Boss. Can’t really promise to clone this time around, but if this is just a tester, then i will have chance in the future to acquire your most wanted genetics.

You ARE THE CREATOR! If anything i am only humbled by your confidence towards me. I will progress in my XP, and enthusiasm is always the same my dear friend!

LONG LIVE MARIJUANA!

HppHrvst

8 Likes

Great to see your grow and you doing well. Great comeback from the food shortage. You would never know looking at those beautiful lil’ coco puffs!
Much Love and Respect Brother! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Yes and still take the lower two sets of branches just to get them shaped up nice.

That term is was used when people grew single cola plants. Not the same thing.

I do, but I also trust the plants to perform well as well for you.
:wink:

3 Likes

looking dialed in over there @MadScientist nice!

4 Likes