LED vs 1000w HID

85 in flower?

2 Likes

yes 100%. 85 in flower

5 Likes

thanks I was always told not to go above 80F, be alot less electric if i can go 85

1 Like

Wow that’s interesting, you’re revealing all your secrets here lol. How do you keep it up to 85 during dark?

1 Like

The plants like higher temps under leds. Im learning the art of led growing slowly.

9 Likes

Might be a stupid question. But for those that have switched from HID to led is there any differences in the amount of EC given to the plant, or the need to add Ca/Mg?

1 Like

that depends on your Co2 content… you need to match your EC to your C02… as well your light needs to be matched to the C02 content… our environmental Co2 is at the lower tolerance of what these plants can grow under … I run a EC of 2.0 with 1000 PPM Co2 and a temp of 85-90 …

5 Likes

Without co2 the light would cause for no increase in EC though or Ca/Mg uptake?

Without Co2 a higher EC wont help, probably work against you…i’d aim for a EC of 1.2 without C02

1 Like

EC levels in check. Is there optimal temps to hit for clones, veg and flower?

Been having issues and seems like temps have a big roll.

well…with LED you need higher temps but you need to be very careful with young plants and ensure you have a little higher humidity… once your plants are in flower and in full swing they can handle a little lower humidity . In fact my current crop got damaged due to me having my temp to high and humidity too low when the plants were young… I hit nearly 90 degrees with a 50% humidity and it shocked the plants and forced me to grow them longer then I wanted to regain vigor… If your temp is at 85 in veg I recommend 70% humidity for very young plants… then as the plants grow you can back down the humidity…here is my current settings…i need to empty the dehumidifier !

6 Likes

So for me I could run under 28deg without co2 but just ensure that my vpd is on point? At 28 that could be 70%

This is for clones…and slowly easy the humidty down during flower.

Love.those numbers by the way.

1 Like

more or less yes… I have issues with my room due to the plant mass in relation to air space …things happen very fast LOL

2 Likes

this is my 7 day temp history…

5 Likes

Yeah i been running 25 -29c. And about %45-50humidity during the whole grow from seed to now in my tent with. Good watering/ feeding schedual and this is what i have so far for 2 plants

8 Likes

flir_20201119T143457
Spider farmer 2000 360w fixture

flir_20201101T151514
1000w hps single ended unvented hood

flir_20201101T151445
1000w hps hood

During a gold rush not many miners get rich, its the people that sell the equipment that get rich

Learning how to seal and vent a grow is priceless

12 Likes

You gave me a question I need to figure an answer to now, how to water cool strips attached to aluminum panels…

There are pros and cons to every light, never used water cooled fixtures sorry bud

1 Like

the water block would be the thing hard for me, could use a computer water cooling pump and radiator

for a waterblock i suppose you could make one using channeling

1 Like

Need more blue spectrum 6000k and up to get through water, so then you would have to have the light even closer to your plants