LED vs 1000w HID

the water doesnt need to be visible

1 Like

It could be done theoretically; with an aluminum sandwich with routed waterways in the acrylic that makes up the middle… engineering that is beyond me.

i build comps, have built water cooled, this one is in fact

btw @Outlaw those flir pics,very nice, appreciate some one who tests things,thinks for there selfs

2 Likes

How anout an aor flow hood growace has them.from $45 and up ypu hook a fan and ducting to.it

2 Likes

About. Air flow

2 Likes

5 Likes

that humidity is quite low for that temp, definite risk of stress

1 Like

Check out wort chiller for brewing beer it is exactly what you are describing

3 Likes

i am going to have to disagree…with higher CO2 levels and LED lights the plants dont grow right till the temp is well above 80 degrees…bloody lost a couple of crops learning that one when I switched to LED

3 Likes

Those are to transfer temp between two circulating liquids I believe, our problem is getting the heat from the whole big panel into the tiny die of the computer cooler.

Although that said… air conditioner cooled LEDs come to mind.

So much misinformation in this thread from HPS proponents. Yikes. And for no apparent reason. Like who the fuck cares what kind of light somebody uses. Is it a competition for you? Are you invested in an HPS company?

It takes a lot of gall to claim LED can’t compare to HPS, then run away from the discussion when people prove that claim wrong, only to come back and chime in again with more misinformation about growing temps. It’s ridiculous.

I hate when people say NO YOU’RE WRONG BECAUSE SOME RANDOM SPOT ON THE INTERNET TOLD ME SO, but especially when they don’t even use the technology being discussed. Talk about narcissistic know-it-alls.

They’re just trolling and it’s helpful to use the IGNORE button on them. If they spew this kind of misinformation on something they know nothing about firsthand and obviously haven’t researched, why should I look at any of their posts? lol They’re just stirring the pot.

Assholes.

11 Likes

FLIR camera doesn’t lie, im not wasting my time with words on deaf ears. I have a bachelors in horticulture, d.o.p in greenhouse operations, i was head grower and part owner of Boulders oldest (still killing it) dispensary. I have been growing cannabis for a living for 22 years. I use what works, what i can repair, and most importantly in a competitive market what is paid for.

And yes you are an asshole with an opinion

The one thing we all have is passion

3 Likes

There is a difference between room temps and leaf temps. The room temp needs to be related to the leaf temp to have any real meaning. The dynamic changes when you use LEDs so as long as you adjust accordingly within a limited range so that the room/leaf temp relationship is still happy you will have a happy plant.
As mentioned previously, there is no one better than another. They are different beasts so people need to step back and take a breath. Each requires a different growing style so one person can not say x is better than y. Cos said person may not be good at growing the way equipment y needs to be used. Each form of lighting if set up correctly and used correctly will perform. You just may need to change other parts of your setup and/or your growing style to suit.

5 Likes

DAMYOU GO NUBE i knew i had a post somewhere to um post.lol

1 Like

I was going to start picking holes in people theories but have refrained and deleted them. In the spirit of OG I think it is more healthy to leave it.

5 Likes

and in the end it is for the best

what work for you works for you

what works for me works for me

end of story anything else today becomes a shit show sadly

be safe and grow well

Dequilo

6 Likes

Yep exactly you do.yours and ill do.mine sometimes use parts of different setups you can never go wrong trying something
new if it doesnt work for you move on and dun bitch try something different

Peace out and stay safe

3 Likes

Everyone wants to defend what they’re using and say it’s better than the other guys because of this and that. It happened in every field and hobby. I love fishing, I fish with conventional gear with lures and with bait. I also fly fish and tie most of my own flies. I’ve used fly rods for bait and trolling. There are some people I’ve interacted with online that are of the fly fishing elitist type, they’ve given me crap and basically lumped me in with the worm dunker crowd. For them It’s fly or die, catch and release only, then they go out and buy a fish for dinner :man_facepalming:.

7 Likes

lumens are lumens, and light spectrum is light spectrum - as long as you have enough lumens and the proper light spectrum to grow with then how it got there is meaningless.

6 Likes

Exactly the only and i mean only.reason i buy fish to eat for dinner is there arent a whole bunch of brook trout in Fla and as far as saltwater fish goes ever try catching swordfish from a pier?

3 Likes