LEDSeedz Testing Grass Monkey F2 šŸ’

It was fine til the moveā€¦ my light rustled around wrong and I lost 3 strips of LEDs ā€¦ as itā€™s continued so has the led bleed outā€¦

Fortunately next week is free money week lol kinda and Iā€™ll be improving 1000% with the purchase of a driver

7 Likes

41F
15 days left.
Still 4.5g/gal megacrop 1.9ish EC.
Who TF knows temp an humidity I havenā€™t been writing them down lol.

PICS.

16 Likes

You are killing it man :+1::seedling:

6 Likes

Those are looking proper, looks like they are deep into the fade with 15 days left, did you cut their food ?

3 Likes

I did not cut the food but there was a spot before this last res change where I let them dry out a little too much. Work sucks sometimes lol

5 Likes

The Grass Monkey at 38 days are just inches from the light without any noticeable bleaching or stress. Some of the lower fan leaves that arenā€™t getting light have begun to fall off.

20 Likes

Love them taco leaf shots :slight_smile: lookin great!

5 Likes

Looking awesome. So the sole strips donā€™t put off any heat?

3 Likes

The diodes are warm, but I can touch them with the back of my hand without any discomfort. There are 9 strips each with 96 diodes for a total of 864 diodes. So individually, they are quite cool and efficient.

10 Likes

Now to find someone to build one for me :wink:

4 Likes

Its pretty much plug and play.

You can get a kit and your SIL can help you assemble it, right?

Probably the most reasonable solution available today.

2 Likes

Hydro Grass Monkey (Update 5/09/18)

Operations Report:

For the last 4 weeks these girls have received minimal once a week maintenance. These plants were in limbo for that time as I was moving to a new location and these plants stayed out of my reach.

You will notice some deficiencies caused by PH fluctuations because I was not maintaining PH level every other day.

I have applied a good amount of topping and super cropping during the last month.

These plants were transferred May 7th 2018 to their new location and have started to stabilized after treating the reservoir yesterday.

They are going to need some work (trimming, PH, air flow, etc) but once they are 100% healthy, we will chop them for clones in the new week.

Data Analytics:

Air Temp: 72Āŗf (22Āŗc)
Humidity: 65%
Water Temp: 74Āŗf (23Āŗc)

Light Type: LED 480w Roux Array Light System
Light Cycle: 24 / 0
Light Power: 50%
Light Height: 14 inches (35cm)

Hydro System: 10 gallon reservoir DWC
Water Type: Reverse Osmosis
Water PH: 5.9 pH
Water PPM: 875 ppm @ 0.5
Water Nutrients: General Hydroponics Flora 3-part + Additives

Plant Duration: Germ: 4.5 days / Veg: 79 days
Canopy Height: 23 inches (58cm)

Cleaning & Changing Reservoir:

Under Canopy:

Top Canopy:

The ā€œLay Downā€ method:

16 Likes

46F
10 days to go.

They will get half strength feed next res change (probably tonight or tomorrow) (1 EC is half strength)

Overview:

Overhead:

Side Shot:

Biggest Cola: (height)

Lighter for Scale:

Close Up:

22 Likes

Those are looking mighty fine there @Jellypowered. I know you have a hard deadline, I hope they are ready in 10 days for you.

When @LED_Seedz said these were an eight week strain, I thought for sure I would be running them nine weeks. Looking at them today at six weeks, Iā€™m sure they will be done in two more. One plant in particular is ripening fast.

9 Likes

Grass Monkey is finished in 54-56 days tops, it is one of my most favorite LEDSeedz strains to run, great weight, awesome smell / bag appeal and easy to cloneā€¦plus its a true 8 week finisher fosure. :peace:

9 Likes

here she is! day 41ā€¦ shes gotten a little bigger flower size and pistils are starting to turnā€¦ got some lower leaf loss but running 6.5g/gal of megacrop with 4ml calmag added so chock it up to autumningā€¦

alsoā€¦ waiting in the wings for the new light to go in the tentā€¦

7 Likes

itā€™s not so much a hard deadline, I just wasnā€™t going to be able to start any new plants but I think iā€™ve got a way figured out around that :smiley:

With the intensity of my light, I feel confident in saying I can match the finish time of Led_Seedz recommendations. The pistils are starting to turn all over, even on the lowers, the girls are finishing up.

Do yours smell AFTER harvest? Right now mine donā€™t smell like much of anything, not complaining because when I handle them they smell great, I think my temps have something to do with this phenomenon tbh, steady between 68-72F

Either way, iā€™m blown away by the frost on these monkeys. Hope the smoke report is every bit amazing as the journey growing them has been :smiley:

5 Likes

Yes both in flower and dried they have a very specific ā€œsmellā€ hard to nail down since I donā€™t have a great nose but it is not super loud but def got some funk to themā€¦sorta a soft, berry sweet with a dank earthy smellā€¦just smells like good weed to me.

Bet @LED_Seedz could nail it down solid since he has a much better pallet than I do.

5 Likes

I suffer greatly from allergies especially during spring (even though weā€™ve seemed to have skipped spring all together) and canā€™t smell ANYTHING right nowā€¦ wifey tells me they smell good but she couldnā€™t describe it either. When we got back from our weekend in Texas, I caught a hint of the dank berry funk for sure, but then the allergies said ā€œha, NOPEā€

Thanks for the description, I look forward to curing these out and enjoying them :smiley:

6 Likes

I think thatā€™s a pretty good description of what I smell right now. They are subtle in smell, I only notice after I handle them. Itā€™s myrcene dominant, smells like weed, but also has some slight sweet notes as well as some smokey notes, which is new to me. I noticed after handling the monkeys that my fingers smell like I just finished a joint.

8 Likes