Legends never die

Are you from the Midwest USA? That’s like, a requirement. Tornado sirens going off? Time to go outside and look :joy:

2 Likes

Hahaha, east coast Canada. The worst kind :joy:
I’m from a small northern coastal village where if it rains it pours for days and if it snows you have to get out the house from the second floor lol

10 Likes

We call that…. Home

2 Likes

Plant Aromatic Prenyltransferases Tools for Microbial Cell Factories.pdf (1.4 MB)

7 Likes

I don’t know where u find this shit, but that was deep yet interesting as hell. Nice my brother

1 Like

Basically I study like leeloo in the 5th element :joy:

I start with a simple term, in this case “plant thiols” and diagonal speed read through stuff. When I see a term I know little or nothing about I highlight it and search the term in another page without immediately reading it.

With a basic understanding I then look for processes/chemistry/how does it work/does it connect to with plant kingdom/cannabis specifically.

Still speed reading I sometimes find really good stuff so will slow down and peruse everything the author published etc

pivato2014.pdf (3.4 MB)
Functional groups and their properties.pdf (1.3 MB)

15 Likes

16- Alcohols Reactions and Synthesis.pdf (2.1 MB)
17 - Ethers and Epoxides.pdf (3.3 MB)

5 Likes

Nice! Keeps my mind busy that’s for sure

1 Like

I do this too but write it by hand and search it out later. Also a good way to learn new words. I find actually writing it by hand makes me more likely to remember for some reason.

6 Likes

Trying to make sense of this skunk mystery… I don’t believe “it just happens” and “it’s bred out”

Take a line, any line. Breed whatever dominant smell out of it. Try it. Won’t happen.

The line will throw weirdo throwbacks for 20 generations.

Bred out. Pfff

8 Likes

Yep, can bring them back intentionally too with the right crossing.
Reminds me of this post:

7 Likes

I think so too. Another project of mine is to extract the blueberry type out of bog lifesaver. It throws gg blueberry plants throwbacks from its jbc parent. (Using first Gen dj bb no less :upside_down_face:)

Reading around I’ve seen a few keepers that made me believe it’d a worthy endeavor.

In general, smell and high are very complex traits bound to be found again.

7 Likes

Its been close to 2 weeks since I last visited. With plenty of rain and osmocote, they should be doing pretty good on their own… If sasquatch didn’t make a fancy salad that is :scream:

9 Likes

Fingers crossed brother :crossed_fingers:t3: I’m sure all is well, Sasquatch is too busy snatching Atlantic salmon fingerlings right now, he leaves the buds for October he’s no dummy , he wants to get high! Now deer, bunny’s, moose etc. not so smart.

4 Likes

I don’t trust those crackhead zombie deers one bit LOL

7 Likes

Now that’s my kind of fun, baby. Sounds similar to how I research shoemaking stuff.

3 Likes

Now that’s something you don’t hear about often. Very cool

3 Likes

Thanks! But yeah exactly haha you definitely don’t hear much about it, and it does make it a little difficult to research. I used to wanna make bespoke dress shoes but pivoted since I don’t wear those but do wear cowboy boots, so I’m a bootmaker. And by that I mean I’ve made one pair haha.

10 Likes

No kidding! That’s absolutely awesome, WOW! Must be quite the process ! I know how much cowboy boots are as I was with my dad shopping for a pair 15 years back or so. I think leather makers/workers are another highly overlooked skill you don’t hear about but it’s hard work and imo an artform. Those are in fact very nice (I still can’t believe you made them it’s mind blowing :exploding_head: ) I’m gonna show my old man too tonight i know he’ll be super impressed! Respect :facepunch:t2:

4 Likes

Thanks man! And yeah leather work is nuts! My good friend is a leather worker and he’s super talented. I’ve done a little bit but it’s really something else. Takes a whole lot of practice!

3 Likes