"Lens effect" outdoors

Hi guys, thanks for everyone is reading…
I did something wrong with my auto-flowers growing outdoor.
Yesterday I sprayed some Neem Oil on the plants leaves, the problem… I did it during the day, the weather was cloudy but enough to burn my leaves.
I think happened the classic “lens effect”.
Can anyone give me some advice to get my plants back safe.
Here the photo of before and after I sprayed the leaves .

Thanks <3
Peace & Love from Italy.

12 Likes

Lesson learned. They should recover fine (doesn’t look too bad at all, really). I’ve done worse :slight_smile:

Welcome to OG, @mimmoplaza.

5 Likes

What Loki said… :+1::seedling:

4 Likes

Welcome to OG, @mimmoplaza. I agree with my colleagues on this one. They’ll be fine, and you’ll probably never do that again. Nothing like a good scare to make you remember something. :smiley:

Good growing.

3 Likes

thanks man, so I hope they will recover… also if this morning they looks more fucked

3 Likes

yees, for sure I will never spray again during the day. thanks.
here my little diesel

3 Likes

You’l have to just keep an eye on them and hope they pull through. The damaged / spotted leaves will not “recover” so check on the new growth. That should hopefully grow normally

2 Likes

I hope so, 'cause they are so tiny… it’s just week n*3. I’m looking in the news leaves and at the moment they looks withered and dying.

anyway thanks for the reply!

Ooh yeah not good, hope they pull through. Know the pain of spraying a plant to death with neem.

Id also say the more you try to fix some problems the worse the problem gets. Welcome to the site too!

1 Like

They received a bit a stress but treat them like a regular plant. Give them some time. The young growth tips look intact which is good. There’s probably not much that can be done at this point to repair any damage, the plant will try to take care of that.

It does look like you have most everything else pretty well thought out making for a happy environment; peet blend, not too wet, aeration, etc. Color looks ok. Nature is pretty good at overcoming adversity. Post up some additional pictures for a comparison in a week or so.

1 Like

Welcome, @mimmoplaza. Was there a reason you sprayed neem on your plant?

Always make sure the plant is well watered before spraying anything on it. Never spray a plant that is thirsty.

6 Likes

You can ‘hurt their feelings’ :disappointed_relieved: but they will ‘forgive you’. :heart_eyes:
No worries, that injury is minor.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

My opinion I think you sprayed them too early.
I usually don’t start the need for outdoors until the the third node set and usually early in the morning before peak heat.

3 Likes

This is some valuable advise here!
:+1::seedling:

7 Likes

I guessing you just slow the growth by a week. I’m sure they will much better in about a week

4 Likes

Plants were probably too young for aggressive treatment, but how did you mix your neem solution? I’ve seen this kind of damage with too much neem. Here’s the recipe I use:

500 ml H2O
3 ml neem
3 ml liquid dish soap
3 ml sesame oil (optional, but provides anti-fungal protection)
250 ml isopropyl alcohol (optional)

3 Likes

i saw some aphid… so I say why not to spray some neem oil.
Next time I call aphid best friend… the ladybugs.

3 Likes

man I used a spray bought in Leroy Merlin. Is a solution ready to spray.

1 Like

Thanks to everyone, mistakes = learning.
it’s amazing this forum.
#freeewed

3 Likes