Let’s see those old grow guides and collectibles!

Nice, High Times are a hot commodity these days, a first printing #1 just sold for $2500 a couple weeks back, if the guy gets it graded, it might wind up appraising at 10k.

2 Likes

Mine are all thoroughly dog eared from study. Probably some drool too.

3 Likes

It’s absolute madness, a few(10) years ago you could buy issue one the original foil version for 50usd on eBay… Which I’m happy to say I did and I know that by telling a few friends they bought some also… One of those guys sold his issue for somewhere close to the number you suggested (lower number) this past year.

Seriously if I had known what prices would go like I would have sold everything I owned and stacked those magazines and sold them off over the last 2,3 years…
I can imagine somewhere some old granny whose husband ran a store in the 70s could kill the market instantly with a box or several brought out from her shed!

You can still get a copy for a couple of hundred but they would be graded 1 if that…

3 Likes

This isn’t an old book. It’s a relatively new video but for those who want to grow organically, under the sun, it’s rich in real information. What makes up our soil. When you get the hang of this, then the saying “Feed the soil, not the plant” works wonders and saves a ton of money. If this is the wrong place for this, sorry. I just felt people looking for better methods may benefit.

2 Likes

Guessing Crackpot was a “grass” store from the 1970’s-80’s. Much like “The Big Top” of San Francisco. The Head issue is from June 1978; “The Big Top” is front cover story. Any information regarding “Crackpot” would be awesome!!! Enjoy!

8 Likes

Way cool stuff man!:+1:

2 Likes

I really do like these old magazines… You can just imagine some guy buying it on the sly and hiding it from mom/gf…
And some of the stuff in them… Oh dear you could never get anyway with that now… You’d end up on CNN for being a pervert/weirdo/crazyman

2 Likes

Here are a few seed packs from the early 00’s. KC Brains, Paradise, and Nirvana. This was the last trip to Amsterdam for seeds; they were becoming easier to acquire in the States. Enjoy!

9 Likes

One of my favorite ashtrays and a second printing of Marijuana Growers Handbook by Ed Rosenthal. Both are in extremely good conditions. Enjoy!

10 Likes

I picked this up when I was working at Patagonias corporate offices, I saw this in the waiting area and had to have one.

8 Likes

The Great Marijuana Debate
Lionel Barrett and George Dehoff
Dehoff Publications, 1983, very fine.

5 Likes

The Marijuana Epidemic: meeting the issue and developing positive alternatives
Bernard M. Lall,
International Commission on prevention of alcoholism and drug dependency, August 19, 1976, very good. Notice that the plant on the cover of this book and the one above it are the same…

7 Likes

This one is pretty reasonable for a 1st printing.image $85 buy it now on eBay.

4 Likes

I’m quite curious what these “positive alternatives” are

1 Like

Here’s the table for alternatives to drugs, and of course some reefer madness to go along with it…

6 Likes

Wow, thanks for posting that!

Time to go skydiving again :rofl:

Have you ever skydived…download

4 Likes

It’s not very old but it was one of the first books that bought on the subject that I still have.

14 Likes

That’s a great book right there, some really good stuff in that one. Very nice! :+1:

2 Likes

I picked this one up the other day, $41 on eBay, I thought it was a pretty good deal.

Caretaking the Wild Sinsemilla
Adam Seed, 5th printing, 1981, signed by the author, fine+.

13 Likes

Same here, that and the latest edition of Greg Green’s growers bible

3 Likes