Let’s see those old grow guides and collectibles!

Growing Marijuana
L.M. Provancha, Langdon Enterprises , 1968, very fine, extremely rare.

17 Likes

The art & science of cooking with cannabis
Adam Gottlieb, Level Press, 1st printing, 1974, very fine.

11 Likes

Man, I am amazed by the quality and rarity of these books :exploding_head:

Keep them coming :heart:

8 Likes

Thanks Mith, I’ll keep them coming, I can carry this thread single handed if that’s what it takes… obviously lol :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8 Likes

@buckaroobonsai

do you have any favorites? anything you had to chase especially hard?

how about something you’d recommend to others…either for content, cool factor or whatever?

is there anything you’re hunting now?

my little library is suddenly feeling a bit dusty :grin:

extremely cool thread :+1:

5 Likes

As for favorites? No, they are like children to me, there is something special about every one of them that I love.
As for chasing things especially hard…. It’s more like a waiting game, some of this stuff is SO rare that I’ve been watching for very specific and some key issues to come up for 20 years and still never seen one come up for sale.
Stuff I would recommend? The Teaming trilogy, Marijuana botany, Indoor Marijuana Horticulture, Rosenthal’s latest handbook. I could go on but that’s a good base.
Hunting now? A couple books that have eluded me are,
Indoor Marijuana Horticulture
Jorge Cervantes, Interport U.S.A,
October 1983, 1st edition 1st printing.

The Cultivators Handbook of Marijuana
Bill Drake, Augur Press, 1970, 1st edition 1st printing.
I’d sell my soul to get those ones :point_up_2: or even one of them! :joy: I’m really glad you’re enjoying the collection, great questions :pray: @noknees

9 Likes

The crazy thing about that green one :point_up: is that I can account for less than 20, I have 15 of those, another is in the Ludlow Santo Domingo collection at Harvard, then a few stragglers.

6 Likes

Everytime you show a piece of your collection I use my google-fu out of curiosity and there’s a couple on here that if it wasn’t you and you didn’t post a picture I would tell you the book doesn’t exist :upside_down_face:

You are doing serious monk work right there :clap:

“Impossibly rare” and “I own 15” in the same sentence made my brain do a windows 95 error pop-up sound

3 Likes

I’ll check in a bit, but I think I may have a reprint of that book.

2 Likes

Post it up, I would love to see it!

2 Likes

United States Department Of Agriculture, Farmers Bulletin No. 1935, Hemp, U.S. Government Printing Office: 1943

14 Likes

I know, it’s crazy, I got 14 of them from 1 seller, they were a storage locker find….what a great find :exploding_head:

5 Likes

This post made me dig in my closet lol
I purchased these about 10 years ago

18 Likes

Those are all great books, love the big books of buds!
A little known fact about that edition IMH is that the garden featured on the cover is one of Reverend Eddie Lepp’s medicinal gardens…rest his soul :pray:

7 Likes

My share of pot
Clarence B. Campbell
Dorrance & Company, 1970, 1st edition, 1st printing, very fine hardcover in fine dust jacket
Signed by author, very rare.

14 Likes

Bill Drake, Agrarian Reform Company, 1970, 1st revised edition, $2.00 cover price, very fine.

Bill did a write up about getting the early editions printed up… a very interesting story! Check it out!

16 Likes

Bill Drake
Agrarian Reform Company, 1970, 1st revised edition, $2.00 cover price, very fine.
No one knows which of these 2 :point_up_2: came first, I even talked to Bill about it and he doesn’t know either, he said that a $2.00 cover price meant one of the first three printings.

13 Likes

These are some serious winners. You have a really cool collection @buckaroobonsai

We have a lot of the current “typical” reads.

I’m almost done with this one.

It’s a great collection of stories from a traveling soil steward. It has a nice balance of technical info and captivating stories.

These grow books teach me just as much about my own life, and the ppl around me as they do growing weed. I love em :v:

(Mobile phone uploads :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

12 Likes

Nice collection! :joy: The subtle art of not giving a fuck? Now that should be required reading! Thanks for sharing them, very cool :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Found it ! :grin:

Damn I have so much to read now :rofl::joy:

Thank you @buckaroobonsai :pray:

4 Likes