Let's discuss prices and market : clones/seeds/weed

In EU, Canna (Spain) still rule the game. They are in the state of monopoly in offering strictly everything fast (but not cheap), chromato, sequencing even soil analysis. It’s abnormal with the shit tons of geneticists and PHd biologist/botanists/semi-gods i met in ICM these last two years (free taunt ^^)

It’s nothing in comparison of the prices i was used to see, when this market don’t existed. Nothing.

In the absolute, you can get everything for free. And in another hand i’m aware of my mortality, so i don’t mind to buy time. Even at vile prices sometimes.

Hunting, even for free, shouldn’t be underestimated. It’s a dedication, you have to be skilled socially, it eat a lot of time … it’s a debate itself;

A breeding unit of 350sqm (eu) running full throttle cost around 1K/5K per month all included. Now you have cycles that are more expensive than other. R&D (continuing the development of your genpool) being a pure dry cost to feed with previous profits.

Not saying CS spend this, but it’s a good base to evaluate how it cost really when you play hard.

We share the philosophy. At a certain degree of activity and volume, it’s no longer a hobby but a jail. I’m not joking and the youth of today have the tendance to ignore this.

We had some breeders that come from very rich families, literal golden boys, but even them are struggled to make profits to pay their crew decently. Everyone pay the bills, even those that pretend to live in another planet where all is free ^^

We don’t play all in the same league, it’s not the North Korea buddy.

A pure hobbyist taking the time to source everything for free is totally legit. It’s the soul of OG.

It shouldn’t make illegitimate all others cases, too numerous to be listed.

imho, the next five years cycle will be quite hardcore on price tags for the true genetic materials. Just by the phenomenon of rarity (in term of grade) and with a competitiveness that is coming back the knife between the teeths. The euphory of the democratization is already over from my perspective.

If everybody want THIS cut and that the motherplant is an hell to clone and keep sane … it’s not going on the cheap side. It’s legit, the plants don’t clone themselves.

Add to this a tension on the demand/offer … and you have almost the big picture.
If no one ask a cut … clone’s seller will just give it as freebie aside better horses ^^

Glad to see the SD archivist over here ^^

I will tell you something crazy man. During my quest I’ve ignored no one, little guys or not.
I met guys that weren’t able to realize they were owning and selling the original Thin Mint or the true Cherry Pie cut. It was even relabeled by fear to be burnt in public place, because all they know on these two cuts is BS ^^

Literrally, your quote is actually effective lol

Hell yeah. Just hell yeah ^^

I’m an hybrid of both. But i consider these 1of1 as the competitors and master breeders i need too, to stay sharp. The referential that beat your ass if you fail, no fuzz no buzz, you pick up your teeths on the ground and you try again :heartpulse:

It’s very important to write it straight like you done.

It’s not disneyland either, you have to dodge fake, dramas , storytelling … but even these mines are useful for the community. They push people to educate themselves.

Totally legit. But please accept that my limit don’t exist, and that i’m not alone in this case. It’s also a portion of these prices.

We can transpose this to anything. Maybe you have things in your life you’re loving and on which you can go crazy, where others will never cross the rational line.

It’s not gonna be to slow down ^^
I’m not making the link with the federal reschedule and “low life con artists”, not talking entirely from your lands so i miss the point.

The canna leaf sub-prime yeah ^^
It will change, i believe on this part. Because our market is better than gold to beat the inflation. Simply.

Storytelling killed the game, the Berner’s rush was really toxic for our community.
Not Berner, Not Cookie : it’s the burger king of the weed, who can blame this honestly in plain democratization.

But how it influenced the new batch of breeders inserted during this period. Still a Darwinian game, the spring cleaning is already at work. But still something i try to understand, from here.

Amen to this.

This guy don’t need any explanation ^^

True, we are not talking about breeding in term of final product.

But let me tell you that it’s absolutely not my comfort zone to dial such a nursery, and with such constraints of results. So, in SP, i just used one as my “motherplant chamber”.

You relativize a lot the prices of things when it’s actually making you cut a bunch of costs + the reactivity if you work for fem junkies. If i can receive any necessary cut, clean, vigorous, within 48 hours … there is no way i mount a veg tent no matter the cost.

Now i saw clones sold 70 bucks i will refuse to take even if you pay me 700 to accept ^^

When Arjan approached Rez … well the price is known anyway, 5 digits ^^ For the result we know. Yes, sometimes the timing make the genetic crazy high in prices. But it’s also showing who is the more interested to have a grip with it.

Can be a grow op that need to take the lead, can be breeders, can be a fucking damned CAN lab using molded souls (supposed to be your friend breeder) to patent all OUR lines in chain …

For now it’s not clone’s sellers the ennemy, but the suckers self-claimed breeders that are playing the industrial betrayors with labs. To loop on what said Frankken_Ford.

I don’t decide the price of your house if i buy it. And i can’t tell you "ok, let’s count the cement, the bricks, the insulation … the factual material price minus their age and lets ignore the rest to don’t “maximize your profits”.

Dude, there is humans behind lol

But try to recruit someone able to handle such a nursery with constancy, good luck with that ^^ Sensi tried for cheap with the “Alan’s dream”. They never sold baddest seeds in their whole history, we talk about millions in sales losted and a leadership that belong only on the momentum of Ben.

Of course it earn well if you do the job, it’s canna buddy. But with constraints and inherent risks to this domain too. You don’t need only skills, but stainless steel balls too.

You’re an hobbyist spreading the love, not a professional able to provide hobbyists and professionals all year round. Take the sense of the mesure buddy, it’s not a side VS another side. There is a lot of chances that the cuts you’re talking about were initially traded for the price of a car, at its genesis, to become available.

It’s not even a decent scale if you only do this. It’s more by thousands. I will risk to say :

• 0 to 100 … just everybody can do it.
  • 100 to 500, you have to know your shit in pruning, motherplants renewal, and roots phyto
  • 500 to 1000, we are talking about skills that are paid quite well just as employee.

In Spain they sell by entire grodan arrays of 100/200, generally between 10€ and 30€. But it’s a totally different market : mothers come get their clones in family lol, grow ops that charge the trunk aside … cuts themselves have a complete different cycles and they like to have different selections from one year to another. A lot are also growing only one big time indoor in a single tent with bought clones, then they dismantle everything when jars are full.

I mean the list of use and needs is quite infinite, and for all prices.

True point, and it’s used for seeds and “consulting” too.
I guess it’s even more tense in USA with the banksters profiting from the situation, man … constant flow of cash. Their dream.

You have to create deficits to don’t be more raped anyway. Sometimes it’s just a bit comical ^^ But the scene oversea is relatively fresh, it will mature and structure more. The curve is totally crazy from my point of view, they do in a big dozen of years what they have done here in maybe an half century ^^ It’s to take in count too.

it’s a consideration to keep in mind, our plants have fiducial values now and are quoted in stock markets.
So, the game become more complex and with more layers of considerations.

It should affect the hobbyists. All moguls of this industry still source their weed in OUR scene. Scientific papers, big canadian facilities, grow ops of all forms … they all use “closet genetics” pedigrees even in aligning 5 Phd employees per sqm. Not joking one second.

It’s a more deep concern that it look at first glance.

10 Likes