“$1k for your dream authentic seeds in pack”

Should/would you do it?

[add ,
What seeds would you spend $1k on; if so?]

6 Likes

does it come with a BJ? but otherwise haha no definitely not

28 Likes

Would I do that by myself…No
Would I try and get a bunch of people together to chip in to buy the pack and do a seed run for the rest of the buyers…sure.

13 Likes

Not a chance.
I’ve been through way too many seeds over the years, not too many meet my expectations.

12 Likes

Just try and get some people to go in on the pack with you. I am in a private grow group and we do that all the time. Makes the seeds very affordable.

9 Likes

I have no dream authentic pack.

I enjoy the chase.

18 Likes

Personally, no seeds are worth that much to me. In the end, its just weed, lol.

27 Likes

It is possible to pay for a $8,888 pack of seeds and get all bad plants.

It is possible to pay for a $8 pack of seeds and get all good plants.

17 Likes

Well $8 used to be like $40 not too long ago so maybe.

5 Likes

Yeah 1k is about the going rate.

5 Likes

How old would the last release be? How were they stored? etc…etc… Verifiable? yada yada…

But if the above looked good i’d second/third the group purchase. A personal favorite, a long lost strain with wide appeal could bring a large pool cheaply.

On the other hand paying that for a pack, condones asking that for a pack…

3 Likes

I dunno, are they offering free shipping?

6 Likes

Btw what are those seeds you are eyeing, or are you speaking purely theorical?

If i have some in the vault theres a 99.9 chance they are yours eh

4 Likes

In therory i once paid much more than that for a clone. I had to give 25% of my first 2 runs from it to clear the cut. It was a different time tho

4 Likes

I’ve been happier with $2 seeds. Like. the random chance of something magical appearing is way more fun than over-paying for some hyped up name on a label. They’re like almost all hybrids, and even some 100% pure whatever 1-st of a line. Nope. No way. I don’t even like paying $100 for a pack. doesn’t happen. The ones I’ve made myself are way better. bred for the qualities that help me in life. So. I’m completely happy after a year of crossing everything, and growing those out. I learned a lot, and found my Cape Goat strain. Now to make some FEM’s that are the fern-leaf freakshow types. That’s the next goal.

8 Likes

Definitely NOT!

I just grabbed some rare, hard to find seeds for $30 at a San Jose, CA dispensary (only a 5pack)

Been researching like crazy and saw them listed at $2500 on some :poop: site I’ve never seen before

4 Likes

I start to get cold feet at around $80.

I’ve got to really be interested w/ references and breeder-seller reputation cred to get past $100. -and even then I feel like a sucker.

$45 is my sweet spot w/freebies. (AndI’m still likely a sucker, but at least I can still afford gas. :joy:)

Our own @JohnnyPotseed and @JAWS have great-quality offerings at or around and below this price point.

PS - To me, $8888 $7777 $5555 are weird amounts that make the seeds being offered look like money-laundering vehicles, sort of like high-end-art….

Who legitimately pays that?

But what do I know?

8 Likes

These?!!

Shit, I have some of those lol!

11 Likes

Before I scrolled down I said “maybe if they suck my dick” :sob: I’m not usually that crass but somethings get me there

4 Likes

Was going to reply with a no, because the seeds that I make myself are more valuable than the ones I buy and I couldn’t sell my seeds for near that. Then I thought about if the “golden” male, the best male ever, was guaranteed to be in those seeds. hmmm…

5 Likes