Lets go Maryland! First legal day

Congratulations to my old home state

3 Likes

feels appropriate for the occasion

3 Likes

They got disposable vape/rosin/hash pens in those MD dispensaries? Iā€™ve never tried one & would like to.

Which type has the least detectable odor?

4 Likes

Well fuck, 23 years ago, I had to go to Maryland for a real grow shop experience!!
Iā€™m thrilled for our neighbors, 30 miles to the south of me.
Krikeys what a bassakwards state I live in.

5 Likes

Omfg look at the prices! $50-75 an eighth!
Thatā€™s 350 an ounce before tax :laughing:

Well that basically guarantees a legacy market :wink:

7 Likes

iā€™m in Southern Marylandā€¦lines are around the building at all the dispensaries. 9% taxes, offerings between medical patients and recreational are totally different and lesser quality/potency. If anyone can fuck this up, itā€™s surely Maryland. Iā€™m a commercial private grower, and my business has NEVER been better.

8 Likes

Now is the time to cash in for sure, you will be a very rich man shortly if this keeps upā€¦, i am entry level just starting to head that direction, lots of hurdles, and mostly space needed to keep the world flowing greenā€¦

3 Likes

Agreed but there are deals if you want to lookā€¦ most of them will have percent off type deals a few times a month. Different ones offer bulk too. I think the only reason i will continue to go is for the occasional penā€¦ at least they are tested and im willing to pay more for the peace of mind.

3 Likes

i love the discounts we get at the one down the street from us in wv. 20% veterans discount, 10% for medicaid, 10% for over 55, and deals all the time. hell i got an oz for $120 last week when i got the one strain that was on sale and stacked my vet discount on top. or the other dispensary that gives you 50% discount on your first purchase and 15% on the 2d. all stackable except on the 50% 1st time. it makes up for not getting a discount on larger quantities like my dealer used to give me. but he never gave me all the other discounts either so it makes up for it.

iā€™m interested in seeing how it goes. maybe wv will get tired of losing all the money to the neighboring states and go full legal. thatā€™s the only thing that motivates anyone in wv politics.

4 Likes

Yea @Bambam I would 100% buy my concentrate pens at a regulated dispensary. Iā€™ve seen the boxes full of mystery pens being sold on instagram out of some kids basement, or the middle east mafia headshops/bodegasā€¦ no thank you sir :laughing:

@sfzombie13 sounds like you get some great deals awesome man, hereā€™s hoping wv legalizes soon :+1:

2 Likes

Max purchase in Md is 1.5 oz, which isnā€™t going to go to far for sellersā€¦i suspect dispensary business will be brisk for a period of time, then things will change as quality decreases.

2 Likes

Yeah they got em. You can smell it but itā€™s not exactly a flower smell. Oil has its own smell. Funny cause my job everyone blows vapes n thinks no one knows. The whole damn place gets roosted n thinks theyā€™re hiding it from each other. Prices gone crazy at dispensaries here though. The $100 oz is now $165 half ounce plus 15%total in taxes. We canā€™t buy wax but can buy premade cartridges. I make the carts. Instead of 50a gram cart I make em out of shatter n cost me about $21 each and they hit better.

3 Likes

Welcome, Maryland! Minnesota here right behind ya. Letā€™s grow some killer pot.

2 Likes

What itā€™s done is brought prices back up some. Even street prices. They are stockpiled here just not listing it all at the same time. They were on the news saying how they were prepared for the rush. Well that rush lasted less than a week. There was huge lines and a sign on the door said
ā€œbend over and back inā€ people went once waited in line and went back to getting cheaper better weed on the streets delivered in 15 minutes. Before rec eigths were low as $15 at dispo. They planned on cleaning up on cash. They doubled prices as it went rec. Now theyā€™re sitting on a shit ton. And no one buying at 350 an oz. Thing bothers me is these mfs are supposed to be pros and Iā€™ve gotten 4 different strains have that moldy basement to em. Look at labels all grown by kind therapeutics. So these mfs running dirty rooms n trying to get 350 for bud we would trashed or extracted.

6 Likes

Any maryland outdoors? Hereā€™s mine

8 Likes

Not sure if I should have citronella there I just filled space with home depot plants. Tomatoes couple peppers n citronellas for bug deterrence.

4 Likes

Alright well Iā€™m definitely not buying any weed up there now :laughing: Thanks for giving me the low-down @rooted . Guess Iā€™ll have to get my own hash & a pen. These dispensaries sound like the corner liquor stores, just ripping folks off.

Outdoor plants look great man & good idea on the citronella :+1:

1 Like

Distillate barely smells, but also kinda sucks lol. Rosin smells loud af but is very tasty

4 Likes

Is the bud any good from the dispoā€™s there? The two trips Iā€™ve made out of state to check out dispoā€™s was eye opening . Expensive and quality was poor , bud condition was what Iā€™d throw away here at home to be honest .

2 Likes

Iā€™ve had some med stuff that was very good, havenā€™t bought anything on the rec side because I harvested most of my last run in early June. Might pick up some rosin on payday.

2 Likes