Let's have another round....testing etc

@lefthandseeds
The BDxCQ is getting close to harvest and the mites have returned. The top of it had webbing and so I put it in a tub of water and swished the tops and was drying it in front of the fan. (kept the root ball dry of course) So i shook it out when the wife starts crying about “what is that smell and did I spill some lighter fluid or cleaning solution or what?”
LMAO to me it smells like cherry cough syrup (shrugs) and smells great! :+1:
She claims it smells like magic marker. So Cherry Marker?

The SLx Goji are doing nicely and will soon go in flower. Hopeful to contain the stretch. Have 2 and one is just a bigger plant the other more diminutive. These are from @GrowHard 's thread and I had pics but hit the limit and won’t post gotta retake them.

The Holy Punch is a huge plant but the stretch was zero almost…should have vegged even longer. The Goji has a bit of that juicy fruit smell. :smile:

I’ll redo the pics soon and get some up.

5 Likes

Holy Punch @Meesh a little over 4 weeks of flower I think

BDxCQ @lefthandseeds coming down soon.

@GrowHard I am training these a bit flowering soon These are 10 -D from his thread

Mother number 10 is the Queen Mother Goji cut. The Queen Mother Goji BX.

9 Likes

Up potting BDxCQ today getting a bit overdue.

I really like this strain so I went back and got the rest of these and dropped them yesterday. Going to see if I can find a nice male in there. And maybe another sweet cherry girl :slight_smile:

I have this one male from the Unknown Mothers thread by @GrowHard that has this sweet smell like juicy fruit but stronger!? and had so many flowers I could not bring myself to chop it and instead am collecting pollen.

10 Likes

@Howard.Crane well here you are :wink: @lefthandseeds

BDxCQ up potted 2 weeks ago (foreground)

I have 3 of the BDxCQ up and hope to have a decent male to f2 it with.

The Holy Punch came down and in goes the other girl now.

The first girl in is about 3 weeks into flower now iirc

The male I have been collecting from is mostly done.

BDxCQ clone that is in the cabinet with the male.

11 Likes

The only male allowed to reach maturity and flower has been the Snow Lotus x GojiQM by @GrowHard all the collected pollen is in the freezer now. Didn’t really get to store it the way I wished but it is done.

BDxCQ by @lefthandseeds

and a couple seedlings of the same One fell and died. Sad.

3 solo cups in this pic
\

Left to right they are 1- BDxCQ and 2- SourBubblexPAK from @Pedro_Bann
One of the SBxPAK smells a bit like watermelon gone overripe. (Big bud one on the right)

All 3 of those seem to be preggers from the SLxGoji male and I have increased the light timing to speed up the seed maturing process. I have not tasted the two SBxPAK so no idea of those. Those were intended to be run in the cabinet but I found out I had more than I could do. So probably won’t even try the cross for a bit. Still need to grow out some of the SourBubble and SBxPAK properly first

I took the Holy Punch down and she had a few immature seeds.

The SLxGojiQM #1 at about 4 weeks

SLxGojiQM #2

Edit: those might be PAKxSB pedro_Bann will have to confirm but thought that was what he said. Can’t confirm because put addy in first post and when I asked the addy be removed the whole thread disappeared.

13 Likes

Snow Lotus x Goji QM
Have had some leaf drop and spotting, leaves turning yellow. Several issues one of which has been a change from Megacrop v2 to v3. Following @Mr.Sparkle I noticed his note on the change and what he experienced and have adjusted the way I fix my solution. I now pH check this after mixing and not before. Also have adjusted the Megacrop ppm down to ~600 and an EC total of 1.4

Further I began recently boiling water and letting it cool to room temp instead of filtering it. Why? Watching Mythbusters. Can’t find the episode and not gonna link to someones ad laden youtube vid. Gonna try it and see how well it works.

The last girl in had some leaf droop at the bottom and some of the leaves have died off due to too many in the drier cabinet/wind burn (too close to a fan) and so I removed many of the lower fans and stripped the lower branches so only 3 or 4 nodes remain on the ends. Will be pollinating it this week. Removed the training wire and put another in place to guide it.

Those serrations on the leaves are doubles. :slight_smile: The smell is very fruity sweet.
Before

After

Re-wired top

Serrations

I added some soil to the bag since one of the reasons for going to a 2 gallon bag was to keep the watering/feeding down to once a day and the soil was washing away and needed more mass to stay moist longer.

There are no more felt pots in the cabinet now. Humidity is now consistently low.

8 Likes

ec of 1.4 wouldn’t that be 700ppm on a 0.5 scaled meter ?

but still looking good, guess just have to wait and see what the changes do.

Whats the humidity at now, with the removal of the felt pots ?

4 Likes

it is but 100 ppms is the ions in the water before adding the Megacrop So it’s 100 H2O + ions and then 600 ppm Megacrop v3 :slight_smile: Nice catch

Running less than 40% RH if I don’t add

2 Likes

if your temps are on the lower side that 40%RH should be fine, also sensor placement does show different readings

3 Likes

Also pH now is in the ~6.2-6.4 range without adding anything to the solution just the Megacrop so not adding any vinegar at the moment

1 Like

Sensor is very close to outlet air filter and at the very top of the cabinet above the lights. So would read on the dry side

2 Likes

SLxGojiQM #1

This one is about 3 weeks ahead of #2 and close to 28 days I had just sprayed it with plain water and was letting it air dry …noticed the frost and thought I would share the pictures.

13 Likes

Made a new batch of feed. Measured 2 gallons of water boiled yesterday and then cooled overnight. Using Megacrop v3 target ~600 ppm. Water checked at 133 ppm Was trying to get about 4.25g/gallon wound up with 9.20 grams instead of 8.5 and just went with it.

After mixing tested and came in at 752 ppm Checked the pH Looks like a 6.0 fine for a coco base media

Humidity is up for days now. Worse yesterday. Better today.

BDxCQ

SBxPAK

Edit: Forgot the SLxGojiQM

Number 1 @ 5 weeks or so

Number 2 @ about 2 weeks in

14 Likes

Those are outstanding…hows your place smell?

Those are the plants by lefthand…outstanding!!!

be nice to grow a clone crop of those…

2 Likes

Charcoal filter takes care of 95% of it. Normal smells of cooking and cleaning and some air freshener in a couple of critical spots.

The BDxCQ is lefthandseeds, SBxPAK Pedro_Bann, SLxGojiQM GrowHard

2 Likes

Stellar…very nice

2 Likes

@Mr.Sparkle @MomOnTheRun When she sent these boards MoTR said that in cabinets her xp was that 30 watts/ft ^2 was the sweet spot In Mr Sparkles cabinet thread he also says the he was getting too much light on his plants.

In the past running screw in bulbs with the covers on them I could grow the plant up to and touching the lens. But when the covers came off or the board had no diffusion the plants don’t seem to like as much light as the two of you noted. This is contrary to most of the stated material that I observed coming into this where 35+ watts per square foot or higher is usually recommended.

At the least for anything not on a rheostat/dimmer it would seem best to target that 30 watts instead when purchasing.

So in the last month I have redone the way I feed and lowered the light levels when the plants approach within 12-14 inches of the light.

Also fighting pests with various methods. Ladybugs among them. Lacewings inroute and some predatory mites ordered and in bound as well

5 Likes

Well something to consider apart from light distance from the plants, is also day length.

So where most figures or peoples quotes of say 35w/sqft for current good led lighting is enough for good flowering, they are typically referring to a 12/12 flowering cycle.

Now if running those same levels over a 18/6 schedule though the plants are getting 50% more light over the course of the day than if running 12/12.

Just has been my observations more as of late and depends on the plants too but they do droop a couple hrs before lights out if the light levels are on the higher end, where as pulled back a bit they dont and this changes depending on what stage of life they are in too.

7 Likes

all of these observations are in reference to flowering stage and 12/12 Which is also where more feed is taken up. Humidity is lower and after prolonged dry periods without the introduction of predators mites explode.

3 Likes

Well thats the other thing, learning to read what the plants are telling us i know im far from even begin an intermediate in these regards, but when ruling out possibilities through trial and error and watching responses to changes we induce we get to narrow things down a little.

4 Likes