Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

Those things made walking through the corn field interesting from time to time. lol

2 Likes

@MoBilly Yeah, we’ve got a couple plants around here that do the same thing! Damn nasty, you feel like you’re literally on fire. It’s so bad that when a friend of mine did it, she was convinced by a group of Thai Forestry Guards to try a ‘remedy’ they knew of; they poured kerosene down her arms and set it alight! Supposedly, it flash burns the little needles that you otherwise just keep rubbing in deeper. Afterwards, they admitted that they didn’t know if it worked because in the past they’d never been able to convince anyone to try it! :crazy_face:

She said that there was some benefit; the relief that her arms didn’t burn off made it seem like it must have worked!

4 Likes

We’ve lost all our frogs. They use to be everywhere

3 Likes

Made a home in my pick up truck. :open_mouth:

I got to drive my truck more often.

15 Likes

One of the first signs an ecosystem is gone to shite…loss of amphibians.

4 Likes

This little guy hung around on that metal hanging all day long.

11 Likes

A wild buddy in his natural habitat

10 Likes

Good eye! I bet most people have walked by a bunch of those in their life and never noticed a single one.

3 Likes

Yeah. They do have an amazing camouflaged body. We have them all over but I bet we only see a very small percentage of them.

5 Likes

I really had to look at that pic to see what you were talking about. :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Love the colors

12 Likes

i got some nice spiders too over here…

14 Likes

Nice! This one is still chilling outside my kitchen window going on two months now :smile:

Thought it was gone a couple days ago but was just rebuilding it’s web

11 Likes

In Colombia there is a “tradition”, older people when they find an insect as butterflies or spiders look for numbers in the drawing of their body to play the lottery.

8 Likes

So keep posting insects, we never know if we win the lottery here in overgrown. :grin:

6 Likes

That’s neat I had never heard of that one, thanks for sharing! I’m not a gambler but maybe I’ll play some spider numbers :spider: :+1:

4 Likes

I’m not much of a gambler either, but whenever I see such an insect with a drawing I remember my uncles and grandparents, they could spend hours looking at a bug looking for numbers.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Well you don’t see that every day.

2 Likes

Oh man, I love popping in when I see updates in this thread but that was not the image I was expecting :grimacing:

1 Like