- syzygy's journal - the clown show

I’m creating this thread to branch off from my others and act as a general all purpose thread. Figure it’s as good of a time as any to make a new thread. Also going to be used as a journal. I’ll be live documenting future grows here - unless I’m doing something with a specific focus like a seed run. I’ve noticed I keep drifting away from the topic in my previous journals so figured this would be a better approach.

F1 seeds from breeders
Pollen chucks
Clones

And maybe more…

55 Likes

Thanks to an incredibly generous member, I’m going to change things up for a round or two. Like others have been doing I am going to run a few cuttings to form a baseline and calibrate my senses a bit. I will do my best to keep them healthy but with work and the dogs sometimes I get forgetful and neglect the plants a bit.

A very kind mystery benefactor has shared some cuttings with me. It is up to me not to screw things up now. Thank you very much friend, your generosity is greatly appreciated.

Ultimately I’m hoping to find a plant or two at least to keep around long term while I continue to explore seeds.

So possibly the beginning of a future project :

Triangle Kush

Really interested to try this one. I consistently hear that it is unrivaled when it comes to potency. That is not typically the type of Cannabis that I go for, but I feel like it will give me a great reference point for “judging” cannabis and communicating. I also really would like to give a cutting of it to a friend of mine here locally that really appreciates potent herb. I’m really curious to see how it stacks up or if it surpasses some of the uncomfortably strong Cannabis that I’ve had in the past.

I’m also really looking forward to comparing it to the Triple Sunshine.

Chem 91 (Skunk VA)

Like with the TK, I’ve heard the potency of this cutting is truly impressive. I’ve had various chem crosses in the past and feel like it would be a good exposure to a piece of Cannabis history. Will also further solidify what people are describing as a chem smell, hopefully enhancing my ability to pick out the smell and communicate it. I don’t expect to like it, but you never know. I’m excited to pass this one on to my potency loving friend as well so it won’t go to waste if I end up not liking it.

Pinesoul

I’m a big fan of some of the Goji OG phenos I encountered and my main (superficial) hiccup with the variety has been weak or muted smells. Pinesoul has always sounded awesome to me and I’m very excited to get to try this one. I’m hoping it has that uplifting effect that Goji is known for (to me), but in any case it sounds really appealing.

Irene OG

Need to do some more reading on this one but am excited to try it. Was an unexpected surprise and sometimes those turn out to be the best. Hoping I’m able to keep her & everything else happy. I will be doing a lot of reading and searching on this one in the coming days.

And waiting on roots from the following that may be joining us.

Bubba Kush (Matt Berger cut) – waiting on roots - :crossed_fingers:

This one sounds like something that would be up my alley. From what I’ve read this is a clone that runs on the weaker side and has nice night-time effects. I’ve read somewhere coffee smells are common in Bubba which sounds great as well. I love milder strains so I really expect to like this one.

Lav Jack (nn) – waiting on roots - :crossed_fingers:

After reading comments from people growing out this cutting, as well as the people who sampled the flower, I am really excited to try it. Reading minitiger’s review where he said he considered breaking his policy of not taking in clones for this cut further boosted my interest. Knowing it has some Jack terps present is exciting for me as well. I’m still a bit bummed about failing to reveg my “sativa” looking pheno of Lav Jack, but it would not surprise me if this one is superior. I’m excited to compare this one to the previous 3 Lav Jacks I’ve tried!

New tent, new year(soon), new adventure…

57 Likes

Nice job keep up the good work !

7 Likes

I always have loved your detailed descriptions and great pictures on bodhi gear, I’m glad to see this thread brother, I’m sure it will be full of amazing grow and smoke reports to read!

Pulling up a chair now…

:peace_symbol:

10 Likes

It’s a party! Fantastic selection of cuts. Very excited to see you work in real time. :seedling:

Chem is some of my all time favorite stuff

10 Likes

Oh man stoked to see those grown out by you for sure eventually wanna get my hands on the tk and Irene sometime heard so much good about them lately around these parts along with the chem 91 Sva cut and bubba too wanna check them out for comparisons to outcrosses that I’ve grown and will grow in the future to see some of the “elites” out to have a baseline on what people consider quality cultivars real happy to have the pinesoul in my garden will be cool to see how it Does for you to compare notes :grin:

11 Likes

what does the (nn) stand for in the lavender jack cut? I actually just popped two more of my lav jack seeds… going to try and take cuts of anymore females I get from the pack.

looking forward to seeing all your new cuts flowered out.

8 Likes

Nobodynursery cut @Tessellated

6 Likes

ah, cheers! quick search didn’t reveal anything. any info on the cut?

3 Likes

Appreciate having everyone here! I’d be logging it regardless, but the participation makes this all much more interesting.

Yeah really. That’s probably the one I’m most excited for ( Lav Jack next ). Being able to discuss it with others who have tried the same exact cut sounds fun as well! I’m watching everyone else’s experience with great interest!

19 Likes

Not on my PC so it’s hard to search and all that for me, but I did quickly find a screencap of an image of it that was posted in my other thread. From memory it has a very strong Jack H smell, with some floral / lavender notes. Supposedly it tastes really good and has nice effects as well. I know that Minitiger’s comments served as a sales pitch to me in a sense, further solidifying my interest in it.

MonsterDrank posted this shot of it in my thread last summer~

27 Likes

never seen you clowning a grow. or clowning in general lol.

13 Likes

By clown show I meant that it feels like I’m constantly stepping on rakes and trying to juggle too many things at once. Hopefully this time is different!

25 Likes

19 Likes

Dope lineup. Want to see the TK and Chem for sure. Enjoy thr journey.:beers:

7 Likes

hangs up the hammock in the rafters to watch from

:sunglasses: Looks good so far.

21 Likes

@syzygy Thanks for taking the time… I always learn something from your threads, so thought I’d pass on a tip… tines down on those rakes, lol!

14 Likes

I’m in for the road trip, this seems to be interesting :face_with_monocle::sunglasses::v:

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing how these clones come out for you (and seeing your pics :star_struck:). Hopefully the lav. jack roots for you, it’s a really nice plant. Frostiest I’ve grown and very tasty. I like the high a lot too. Definitely prune it nicely, it’s very branchy and kind of grows outward rather than up, will need good support too it flops.

15 Likes

Very useful info, thanks! I think I see a root coming out of the bottom of the cube now on the lav jack so things are looking promising!

Also the transplanted cuttings have perked up a bit

And after reading the new proposal to undermine the will of the voters - in addition to the removal of homegrow the possession limit went from 2.5 ounces to 2 grams.

The glass on the left side is only 1 ounce (of the voter approved 2.5 ounces you can carry on you). The bud on the right side is exactly 2 grams of Triple Sunshine which may end up being the new legal limit.

Depressing to say the least.

29 Likes