Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

Look at this tiny lil grasshopper. That leaf is Calea Zacatechichi bitter variety (blech!) and it’s about an inch and a half long.

9 Likes

Got lizards frequently, a couple Sonoran toads this year, the dogs keep most larger critters out. This guy’s standing guard though.

13 Likes

That is something you don’t see everyday.

3 Likes

15 Likes

10 Likes

lol! Where I grew up we didn’t really have cool frogs and lizards as compared to here on the mid Atlantic coast. We had loads of salamanders, crayfish and toads.

1 Like

keeping guard.

9 Likes

Still don’t know what it is, last week I saw one dead while I was hiking, this one I found in my yard yesterday.

9 Likes

thats a Blindschleiche or Slow worm in english.
it´s not a snake,it´s a legless lizzard

8 Likes

Oh thank you so much I couldn’t find an real answer.

Blindschleichen I only know much more brownish
But cool that here are so much of them.

5 Likes

As much as I hate spiders I can appreciate them lol I saw one in my tent and let it be.

4 Likes

19 Likes

Love bird eating on my sunflowers just now.

15 Likes

!!!

I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SEEDS FOR THIS FOR YEARS!!!

Do you have @FeloniousMonk ? :thinking: :scream:

2 Likes

Oh snap! I actually got it as a rooted cutting in soil from a seller online. I am more than happy to take some and try to get them rooted for you. I know they are shippable or I wouldn’t have one. I do have a bag of dried herb that I can see is full of seeds, but I can make no promises on viability there.

LMK!

4 Likes

OMG’S YES PLEASE AND THANK YOU!!!

I’m in :canada: , so if you are in :us: or otherwise it’ll have to be testing out the viability of any seeds.

I don’t really dream anymore, and when I do it’s catastrophic nightmares… so while I have mugwort everywhere I’ve yet to find Calea Zacatechichi anywhere!!!

Thanks for the potential :heavy_check_mark: @FeloniousMonk !

:hugs:

2 Likes

Oh right on. Yeah I feel you, the cannabis definitely suppresses my dreams. I am in :us_outlying_islands: does that mean a rooted cutting is a no-go? I will also look for any other seeds I have that might help with some relaxed and laid back dreaming.

This is probably crazy to recommend, but my best lucid dreaming experience to date was eating about a gram of mushrooms and then laying down on the couch to doze. I’ve had some luck with passion flower, and entada rheedii. Passion Flower seeds I can definitely look for as well, the entada rheedii are huge tropical beans you can find online but I’ve never been able to germinate them.

1 Like

You can get passion fruit from the grocery store and they are chock full of seeds.

Delicious too.

1 Like

Sadly this is a yes. No live plants across the boarder without potential consequences :blush: .

Thanks!!!

2 Likes

DSC02580

17 Likes