Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

cute one…looks like manageable size.

1 Like

That’s an incredible sight. So colorful.

This little guy hung out for half an hour watching me drink my coffee today, lol.

20 Likes

He’s waiting to use your toilet DD :laughing:

2 Likes

It’s available as is the 2 seater outhouse, lol.

2 Likes

Is the 2 seater outhouse side by side, or facing? Asking for a friend. Lol

2 Likes

1 room, 2 seats. People were closer in the 70’s :wink:

10 Likes

Just joking about face to face pooping! Lol. Actually they would use one side and let the other side settle , or work down with the addition of Lime or whatever they used. And in a pinch they had two toilets . No pun intended.:laughing:

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I know the routine, lol. Bucket of lime always near by although it’s rare it gets used. Moat prefer the indoor washroom, lol. But it’s great in a pinch.

2 Likes

Does this Praying Mantis count? Snacking on the spiders under an old patio chair. Probably my favorite insect. And Dragonflies.

15 Likes

Nice @BudWhisperer , I used to see them all the time when I was a kid, been years since I have seen one. Cool pic.

1 Like

Thanks! They are in season now. One was an a busy running path so i got it to hop onto my arm. Then i transferred it to some plants for safety.
I found a Praying Mantis exoskeleton 20 yrs. ago. Keep it in a jar. Will have to find and take a pic.

As for animals, we have lots of coyotes, racoons, skunks, possums, squirrels, rats, mice, hawks and owls. And peacocks.
Only the squirrels are easy to photograph.

10 Likes

Joining the Praying Mantis train. I found one on my shed last year. I saw a handful of babies around last year as well but I don’t have any pictures of those ones. Haven’t seen any this year.

11 Likes

you guys remember me why im happy to live in europe.
No bear, bobcat or copperheads :skull_and_crossbones:

12 Likes

I found this big guy next to my baby pumpkin while watering this morning. I thought he finally croaked or left because I hadn’t seen him since the Spring. That’s about a softball sized pumpkin so you can tell he’s a big old bullfrog. Also had a hummingbird get within a foot of my face staring at me making me worried he was gonna go for my eyes lol.

14 Likes

Texas horned lizard from last year. He hung out and watched me all summer

14 Likes

This is Frank the worm. He comes out of the tree when Lucy the deer comes by to get fed.

4 Likes

Slug Yin-Yang…

10 Likes

Tiny young lizard. Maybe 1.25 in. long nose to tail. They get up to 6 in. as adults. They love sunbathing on hot rocks and walls.

14 Likes

I loved the geckos we had while living in Texas. They would crawl across the ceiling on the porch to get bugs attracted to the porch lights at night.

3 Likes