Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

Thanks for the link @GreenHighland. Very much appreciated.
I was laughing all the way through the thread. I’m here daily and
think they will come back to me in due time.

1 Like

Our property also. In the dead of winter when the deer are yarded up,
we’ve had as many as 60 of them come out of our woods and head toward the
hay field next door, although the average is 20 to 30. I planted a food plot almost 200 yards long and 10 foot wide for them with all kinds of plants they love to browse on. It keeps them in our yard longer for the picture taking opportunities. As well, the food plot keeps them from raiding our garden as much.

Sweet clover plants are ones they mow to the ground. The seeds were bought in bulk
from a local nursery type store that sells produce, plants, water tanks for cattle
and all sorts of composted soils. One called Dairy Doo works great, and I
will occasionally order a few yards of it for the veggie garden.

The turkeys are the same way in the winter months, where the most I’ve counted at
one time was 137 of them. The hens which disperse in the spring to have their poults
are slowly coming back to the flock which is now up to 50 or so and will continue to
grow as fall and winter approaches. They make their way out of the woods to browse on the ground under our bird feeders. In the winter, I shovel a large area to clear any snow and throw a bunch of black oil sunflower seeds as a handout for the winter months.

This Johnsonville sausage commercial reminds me of the relationship I have with
all of the critters I see daily, which is a coincidence as my name is also Jeff.

I recently rolled another large log into the pond for the turtles to bask on,
but all sorts of birds, ducks and animals use them. After all, everyone loves
a well rolled log right?

We put the logs in for the turtles but many of the ducks, birds, and assorted
critters also love them.

Another pond denizen logging on.

Raccoon

King Fisher

Green Heron

An incoming Great Blue Heron

Here is an incoming Eagle to his favorite log.

Here is one of the Eagles stalking a bluegill from the log about ready to grab it.

He was successful.

After getting his beak bloodied up from ripping apart a bluegill, he uses the log as a
napkin. First one side,and then the other. And then takes a drink

I love the pond

I know I love a well rolled log, but it’s obvious from the pictures that the
wildlife does as well.

I’ll take pips for a $100 Alex. Hey Doug, can you spare a pip for a forty niner? :smile:

I occasionally post a soundcloud link to some of my music, and just so you don’t think
all I play is blues and rock, here is one with a country feel.

21 Likes

One of our groundhogs leveled up today to Treehog

17 Likes

Would you want to eat anything that smells like skunk spray :rofl::rofl:

13 Likes

Face assed spider

I think this blacksnake duked it out w the venomous one, for the time being, I heard they wrastle like that. Definitely earned that egg, if that’s the case Flat tip shovel at the ready if not. I have dog, child, and mother to account for

The funniest looking guy I’ve ever seen, and two other interesting things

13 Likes

Well that’s something you don’t see every day.

1 Like

This is Jerry, he hangs out on my back patio.

18 Likes

4 Likes

Bee…

6 Likes

So friggin cute!!! I once worked in an old barn that was close to a water source. We had tiny frogs everywhere!!! There was even one that hung out inside the cone of a speaker. He’d pop out when I turned the stereo on. They were always hiding under the cash register, inside the racks of wine glasses, and behind the books that lined one wall. Thanks for the great picture and for sparking that happy memory!

3 Likes

14 Likes

I love those little ones

4 Likes

8 Likes

19 Likes

Hashishan bug?

9 Likes

Looks like … Arriba

7 Likes

10 Likes

It took me a minute to figure out what I was looking at, lol