Let's See The Wild Animals In Your Yard

It’s a head of its time lol

2 Likes

Sweet shades, brah :sunglasses:

1 Like

I got a lizard that greets me every morning and watches me working around the plants, for the past few months it’s a trip.

10 Likes

11 Likes

This little 2 year old doe is bigger than southern bucks.
@Hashpants

11 Likes

My old mate is back.:v:

14 Likes

14 Likes

Here’s a black bear trying to figure out the bear proof trash can this morning. He is a bit bigger than the little guy that came by a few weeks ago but still fairly small.

20 Likes

Makes good burgers. We just had bear burgers for dinner Friday. Our season opens up the 1st.

1 Like

Couple of bucks checking out my plants

16 Likes

I believe that’s a trifecta of bucks!

3 Likes

These guys are cool, I don’t really think they’re wild but close enough.

13 Likes

I also have a few that come
and buzz my window

Bare

4 Likes

26 of 38 today. We had one hen Wood Duck that had 11 of them this last spring and they spend about half the day in the impenetrable thicket/swamp beside our pond. We’ve watched them growing all summer. Lately there have been quite a few others showing up shortly after I toss a large Folgers coffee container worth of floating fish food pellets each morning. 40% protein. The ducks love them. What the hybrid bluegills don’t get to, the ducks find and nothing goes to waste. They have a long flight ahead of them in the next month or so. They usually migrate south toward the end of September, early October. The mature males which are so colorful have yet to show up in numbers but I suspect we will see them as well in the coming days. They all spend some time in our pond before their southern migration.

Three Turtles

Perfect landing on a mole

Getting settled for some squeeze time.

Mission Mushy Mole complete

13 Likes

A bit of cuteness amidst the mess.

13 Likes

My wife’s sister who lives in NM sent us this one recently.

Green Heron

17 Likes

Thats a pretty good looking toad imo.

It kind of looks like theres another bumpier toad within busting out of it

15 Likes

Migration time , i guess.

14 Likes

Anyone else have these horrible peacock around!? 1000s around here and they are trying to “sterilize” the males.

9 Likes

Are they aggressive or something? Seems like they’d be cool to see around.

2 Likes