Let's talk about clones floating in Europe!

Soma’s amnesia and hy-pro/core cut amnesia are different strains. People are making this misstake for more than 10 yrs now.

Soma’s amnesia needs at least 2 weeks more flowering time 12-12 and has a typical purple glow at harvest time, hy-pro/core cut buds are more dense and brighter green. In my opinion they are both sublime and just different.

3 Likes

make it almost 30 years :wink:

from seed, yes.

6 Likes

There really seems to be something about the various Amnesia cuts that make people come back all the time, I visit a lot of coffeeshops, sometimes even touristy ones, and often it is tourists buying the latest and greatest Cookie variant, but locals either buy the cheapest or Amnesia…

I had a mate once who prefers Amnesia from a specific coffeeshop so much over any other strain that he rather just smoke only that, when I asked him about this; for him, it was mainly about the taste. I did some googling and found a picture that claimed that one of the Amnesia cuts floating around had over 1% terpinolene content, which seems to be quite high and also quite rare to see.

This got me wondering, which of the Amnesia strains out there actually has this terp profile? The original Hypro Amnesia or Soma’s one? I’ve been looking to try growing some Amnesia for myself, but I want to choose the one I actually like lol.

Cheers,
eS :tropical_drink:

4 Likes

Before legalisation it was 20-25€/g its over priced tourist shit.

Probably the core cut or anything commercial like that.
The terp profile really depends on growing and drying.

Coffee shop weed is often/mostly commercial stuff.
Specialy “real” haze didn’t worth it from an commercial view

3 Likes

Yeah man the “Cali” stuff used to be friggin expensive, but prices are dropping like crazy now, can pick up a 5Grams bag of top notch quality Meatbreath-Cookies-Glue for 50Eur, taste, smell and bag appeal is always top notch, but the high… it sucks, makes my eyes hurt, and I want to go to sleep.

Which always has me wondering, why is there such a big difference in preferences between EU and USA, is the bag appeal so much more important there?

As for the Amnesia, cheers, I thought so too, there are some shops around that sell true hazes but its always sold out within a day and starting at 13EUR per gram, most of the Amnesia I see being sold is around 10~12EUR, so that must at least be a commercially viable, fast flowering variety.

I’m kind of a “grow from seed” guy, does anyone know of an Amnesia Core Cut S1 that is somewhat trustworthy?

Cheers all, and have a nice weekend,

3 Likes

correct, the original clone hypro and soma used for their respected seedlines
is a hybrid and does not flower longer than 9-10 weeks :wink: this clone is closely
held and is not easily found … if you want to get your amnesia haze fix, then
get the core cut (it’s easily available at cloneshops and not rare at all). she is
a daughter-selection for the masses (via hypro) and a well enough represen-
tation of the type people liked.

core cut = haze taste and smell, strong hybrid
effect and commercial flower of around 10 weeks.

longer flowering = fake !

12 Likes

Thanks man, that is some amazing insight, and thanks for your confirmation.

I’m not really a clone guy, so when you say

it’s easily available at cloneshops and not rare at all

Which shops are you referring to, and are they open to sending clones to NL? I was under the impression that the clone market was still really hush hush and thus hard to find.

Cheers,

2 Likes

You can probably source it via instagram/telegram/strainly kinda place but there is no official legal nursery that ship to NL since it’s not legal.
Also, when it’s legit old school elite cuts, I don’t recommend to keep high hopes sourcing them via those nurseries.

Important thing is that you may not get the original one but you’ll find more or less similar one, especially haze lines
And even you source cuttings, you never know how legit it is so anyway you gotta hunt through multiple nurseries to find a good one for you so take your time and enjoy the hunt!

p.s. i think few peop in the thread mentioned where sells amnesia. You can try to find those comments as well

@EnergySlammers

5 Likes

Either you try to take the clone path, or there’s also tons of beans around from this amnesia hy-pro from which you can find something close or better (to you) than the clone. Long road in any case.

4 Likes

Thanks, yeah, to be honest I’d prefer running some S1 seeds, but the only ones I have found with actual trustworthy history so far are from Kwikseeds and those are F2, but they do seems to match visually what I’m looking for (reminds me of good skunk).

Does anyone know of reversed S1 fem seeds from core cut available to buy?

Cheers,

3 Likes

There’s also USC amnesia Amnesia Sativa (Underground Seeds Collective) :: Cannabis Strain Info available at seedheaven. Super strains also sells presumably “repros from old beans found in a fridge” or something like that, but fem only. Basically you’ll have F2+ or S2+ of the first release hy-pro made of core cut x neville haze (or so says the legend). Can keep you busy while looking at the real one :laughing:

6 Likes

AKBB found a freezer friend in Europe?

1 Like

Realgorillaseeds in UK got S1s of core cut. Their site is currently under construction so I can’t link it to you, but if I remember correctly they are called “Kore” or “The Kore”.

Pz :v:t2:

8 Likes

Hi Franky,

in case you would be interested in a Cannalope Haze Cut - I would love to try the Jaggen and we could trade some.

3 Likes

Hi @Franky,
I’m Hanfty and I’m also from Germany. I even live “near” you - more or less ^^ (near Kassel).
I’ve just read your post here and it almost brought tears to my eyes that there is someone who saved the Jaggen.
Unfortunately, I don’t have any mothers myself whose cuttings I could offer in exchange. Nevertheless, I wanted to ask whether there is a possibility of getting a Jaggen cutting from you by any chance.
Firstly for sentimental reasons (you will surely know that the “breeder” of the Jaggen has died) and secondly because it is so incredibly popular in the community that it simply shouldn’t die out.

I would be so grateful, if you could contact/answer me. Thank you very much in advance!

4 Likes

Do you guys have any pics of the jaggen? How’s the smell, taste and high?

5 Likes

Curious as well actually
Only heard of it but wasn’t lucky enough to try it

4 Likes

I dont have Pictures of the Cut.
I dont even got the Cut im my tent…the Cut stays at a Friends House becouse of room Problem…and since i dont plan on letting it flower again,i dont need IT around …the jaggen is not even a good Cut compared to todays Strain. It’s Just the members of grower.ch that Like this Cut because of the Guy who found her. She yields good…but thats about it.
In icmag are a View old Journals from jaggen …Not difficult to find…it’s in the German sub Forum

7 Likes

But let me say this real quick…i think it is not nice of people to sign Up on overgrow,Just because Somebody postet a Link on grower.ch to Here becouse i got the jaggen Cut.trying to get that Cut and after that they disappear!!! That is not very nice.this IS supposed to be a Community,and i Like IT Here. In had a very warm Welcome and got to know a few cool people.
If people do come Here Just to get a Cut,any Cut,doesnt Matter…this comes Close to a burglery

9 Likes

Plus…i dont get it…people in großer.ch are so crazy about that Cut…how come they dont kept it around.???

4 Likes