Cookies fam base genetics?

Where did cookies get their original Cherry Pie?

And also I’m having trouble finding where exactly the lemon chello 28 or original lemonade clone were found.

8 Likes

Don’t believe the hype. The cookies mythology is all bs. Cookies genetics suck.:face_vomiting:
Their lemon line is stolen from dela_831sc on IG from what I’ve heard. Bunch a greedy wankers

19 Likes

Yeah I understand it’s mostly marketing. But some of their stuff is good quality.

I’m really just interested in their genetic background really. Want to understand their work.

Ty for that lemon info though that helps a ton actually.

6 Likes

As far as understanding their work goes…their early stuff is bagseeds and I don’t think they really know what happened.
Now they are collaborating with a bunch of legit breeders and putting out some better genetics. Most of it is a bland dissatisfying high for me. Sorry for being such a hater😆
Cheers🤙

8 Likes

No you’re good man lol.

I’m really not a fan of the idea that they’re mainly marketing based… and their strains get so much hype because of it… when there are seriously good genetics out there that don’t get one-one millionth of the praise.

Just interested in a few of their flavor breeding strains basically for my own projects.

Cherry pie x Sour Bubble is an interesting thought.

Lemonade x Sour Bubble also. Just a lot of thoughts running through my head about this and they were one a few of them.

3 Likes

Exactly!

Kind of a side note but Dynasty’s cherry vanilla cookies was exactly as named. Tasty but had the cookie meh high.

1 Like

I wanna know the exact science behind the cookies blow up lol.

We need to get connected in deep with the hip hop community and have them rep the dankest Overgrow original strain :joy:.

Honestly it wouldn’t be a bad idea to pay huge rappers 15k to drop our strain name in their hit songs lol. Cookies is worth like a billion now. Not a bad investment eh?

And of course the quality would be there… so not like we’re false advertising.

3 Likes

I think if you feel it would make a great strain, then you should make it. I have never tried GSC so I have no idea what it tastes or feels like, but if you think two strains would pair well or compliment each other then definitely go for it !

And even if it doesn’t come out perfect the first time, just try again if you feel it’s right. It’s best to run it up the line too. Keep hunting and finding the best of the best till you know it’s the best you could of done with it.

Someone once told me on here that there’s no problem with making new strains, but he felt it was more important to make a strain and then keep running with it. Make it amazing.
It kinda stuck with me.

5 Likes

Well here’s the thing. I swear ive been called to make SLHxSB. The thoughts of combining those two ran through my brain every night before bed for years :joy:.

I just feel it in my bones.

Basically combining the lemon and sour kushy flavors together seems so right to me. Plus the added bit of stretch and hybrid vigor from combining these two just all add up to me.

There are a lot of lemon strains going around now a days and might honestly be better than the slh idea I originally had. I really don’t know. So I’ve been exploring the different lemons and that’s how I ended up at cookie fam lemonade.

Lemon tree
Lemon skunk(lemonhead cut)
Lemontini
Lemonade
Lemon cello
Etc

There’s so many options.

3 Likes

And yes… I plan to fully work this stuff. Like a home breeder situation. Isolate the SB flavor I want… and cross with some lemon cuts… test and test again.

It’s near impossible to find I’m guessing but that lemonhead cut seems to just mesh lemon so well into anything.

That was the original cut for slh, and lemon tree I believe.

3 Likes

Sweet! So the only thing holding you back is finding that cut ?

Is there a way you can find anything crossed to it that may not interfere with the terp profile ?
Like hmmm. Is there a Lemonhead x 88 G13 HP ?

3 Likes

I’m sure I could find a cut or two of those from here or strainly. That’s really not the issue.

First I gotta get my whole grow situation from the ground up going again. Mainly finding a safe place.

But I plan to work the SB a lot and try to isolate the flavor and smell profile I want. Then yeah I’ll dust some of those clones and the real fun begins :man_dancing:

1 Like

Nice ! Well I for one definitely think you should do it. I’ll keep an eye out for a Lemonhead Strain for you now too. Are you in the US ?

3 Likes

Ay I appreciate that man lol. And yes I am in the good US of A.

1 Like

Also did you look at any Chem strains ? Maybe that would be a good sour terp you would like

2 Likes

Okay cool. If I find something I can send it to you then haha

I was going to suggest checking the Canadian clone trade, but I’m sure there are plenty of people on OG that have a nice lemon cut for you.

2 Likes

Just curious why you went with that specific breeder

1 Like

Yeah lots of possibilities. Actually… too many :joy:.

I’ve got some time to decide on what I want to do exactly.

Might even make a few crosses each, with their own concept, and give them out here for testing. Maybe self my best few sour moms onto em? Not sure yet exactly. Maybe regulars… we’ll see :nerd_face::beers:.

Okay cool haha yeah definitely a ton of lemon/sour strains to choose from. If there’s one thing breeders like to make, it’s a sour strain.

And that would be a cool idea

2 Likes

Oh and I forgot… definitely want to do my own creation of Sour dub.…

Bog and Rezdog were talking about it on the forums one time. Apparently it was bogs SB mom with a Rez nycd male and not SD. Also it was selected from only 2 females if I recall correctly…

Who knows for sure. Could be hyping each other’s brands up? I tend to believe them. But it is odd they never did a collab strain when they had so much success with it from only 2 seeds.

Would be fun to see regardless.

Also I wonder how rezs SD IBL compares to the other ones out like karma and topdawgs. I’d choose karma all day but…

2 Likes