Light burn or lockout/toxicity??

“In soil/ New Millenium Nutrients end of week 4 flower. Vegged a little too long, got really close to lights. Leaves around outside perimeter of tent seem less affected.”

5 Likes

I have this exact thing happening. Green around the outside yellow in the Hotspot. I’m trying to feed my way out of it so I don’t have to dial the light back.nice buds btw

1 Like

Thanks man! A little spindly for my liking but hopefully I can keep it under control long enough for them to fatten up a lil more. I got clones of these exact plants in coco right now and they’re rocking out!

2 Likes

I would say heat stress because of lamp too close, leaves are tacoing to expose less surface and keep humidity, also borders scorched … beer3|nullxnull

5 Likes

Thanks! bigs ups on the tips guys that’s what I’m thinking as well, just needed a lil confirmation. I’ll have to dial her back a little, I’m maxed out as far as light height goes. Will def be more careful about veg times going further lol!

1 Like

Cannabis hyperaccumulates Mn.

Light burn = Mn tox

Heat stress = Mn tox

https://acsess.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.2134/agronj1979.00021962007100040029x

Calimag deficiency = Mn tox

https://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/mauisoil/c_acidity.aspx

Ph problem = Mn tox

Excess Mn:Mg shuts down MVA > DMAPP pathway responsible for medically valuable flavor compounds and classic cannabis flavors (hemiterpenes, sesquiterpenes, triterpenes, cholesterols etc)

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/312076616_Magnesium_and_manganese_affect_photosynthesis_essential_oil_composition_and_phenolic_compounds_of_Tanacetum_parthenium

Cannabis requires a high Zn B low Mn trace mineral profile. None of the cannabis consultants acknowledge Cannabis as a hyperaccumulator of Mn.

Megacrop 1 part shut down a client’s grow with a facility wide fungal infection (every single pot) so I look to part B and replace part A with cal-glyc, assuming they are the same:

1 part megacrop 0.025% Mn

20240312_084457

2 Part Megacrop: 0.22% Mn

20240312_083319

So when you try to get away from calnit, they poison you with 10x Manganese? What an odd oversight. Resembles the organic movement, where everyone buys heavy metal scrap inputs to save humanity, and fails for heavy metal toxicity. But the carbon credits still get issued to Shell and Monsanto so it’s a win for the progenitors.

MySoilTest is recommending 20ppm on an already Mn toxic crop:

A conspiracy against medical grade Cannabis, via the nutrient industry. You’re probably in on it and don’t even know.

Pothead with a symptoms of a disease called Manganism showing photos of Mn toxicity and calling it deficiency:

The negative stoner stereotype. The fake hippy woman beating, the shady dirty needle back stagger childhood friend robbing activities and defensive legalized paranoia attitude of practically every marijuana grow lord I’ve met = Manganism. We can also assume the crackhead jittery fiend stereotype comes from smoking freebase produced with manganese carbonate.

4 Likes

Looks like overfeeding to me.
Toxicity at a high level…
Back off the nutes and ph to 6.2

raise the light and increase the EC i would always check some run off to make sure you are on point with the PH light stress and hungry ladies they just used up the feed growing into the lights

1 Like

Hmm, that discoloration could be a sign of either light burn or nutrient lockout. Have you checked your pH levels lately?

Not light burn, the tops would be bleached and the leaves pointing stiffly downwards.

1 Like

Can you expand on that? Was it infected nutes, or an imbalance that left the plants open to fungal attack?

1 Like