Light Burn or Nute Burn?

So I’m growing some sativas and they’ve exploded vertically and I’ve been feeding them heavily.

I’ve reached the top of my height restrictions and am considering tying down all the tops which I don’t want to do because it’s a big job.

Light is 12” away which is about right in my experience. Fert levels are a little high but acceptable in my experience.

So, light burn or nute burn? Should I tie them down or cut the feed or both?

And a full top:

Thanks for your input.

Cheers

10 Likes

I would do both if they are still stretching. Plants typically stretch for about 1/3 of their flowering time.

7 Likes

I would go for nute burn icon_e_confused|nullxnull, sativas are no heavy feeders … hum|nullxnull

13 Likes

I say nute burn. I would bend them babies over

7 Likes

It’s not that bad…30% less nutients in feeding solution.

7 Likes

Yeah, my bet is with nute burn due to the damage being limited to the tips.

But if they’re reaching super close to the light(s), and your light is hot (like a CMH or HPS), you may be dealing with light burn in the near future. Yes, tying them down might be a big job, but if you’ve waited long enough into their stretch, you’ll only need to do it once, and then you won’t have to worry about it again.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input guys.

These plants have literally tripled in size from 12” to 36”

I’ve been feeding them heavily to account for the massive stretch which seems to have stopped. I’m comfortable with just a touch of tip burn.

But I’ve been going “as long as they only stretch another inch I’ll be ok.” I no longer have that luxury.

I will dial off the ferts a bit and keep my eyes up top. If they stretch one more inch I’ll have no choice but to tie them down. Stems are springy at least.

Cheers and thanks again.

5 Likes

I say nute also, personally I would give them just ph’d water just incase of a toxicity buildup… if in soil.

4 Likes

The light or nutes?

Was feeding ~740ppm. Just dropped to under 400 input.
light is ~650ppfd. Start of week 6 12/12.
Thai/colombian cross.

1 Like

I got your promo code right here.

4 Likes

A little too much nitrogen, judging by the yellow burny looking tips. Also not enough calcium, by the sideways curl on the leaf tips and the brown spotting.
EDIT: Just saw that this thread is years old… :mantelpiece_clock:

1 Like

Lol, no more Boron advice for you; that super helpful user got banned…somehow…

1 Like