Light stress / Burn What do you think?

There will come a point when you will understand what your plant is telling you, but that requires failing several times in several grows. You will find out by yourself that LITFA is the best medicine and plants will reward you after that.

I understand you may not find that advice useful at this moment, but is one of the best given right now … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

ok ok… I understand that but i also sense people love throwing that LITFA about and dont practice it themselves… I bet they spend all sorts of time in their grow rooms… but hey thats the beauty of it enjoy it!

not here to tell anyone how long they can spend with nature…

That being said I will take on board what you’ve said… and maybe one day il get the point of being able to LITFA…

I was just asking about some burnt tips… now im aware it means nothing and I can’t really say i was obsessing over it or getting a sweat on about it… just curious…

thats a wrap anyway! now LMTFA :crazy_face:

nahh jokes aside… i appreciate the more experienced growers informing me of manorisms that one shal develop

5 Likes

Might be better off asking your nute supplier.

2 Likes

haha… nahh its not that serious. shes all good! il invest in a dimmable later im very sure her 4 fan leaves were just pointing to the light…

and coming to think of it… Its true what people say the plant was telling me whats wrong literally!! haha

and you’re very fortunate he bothered to do so. @ReikoX may have already forgotten more about growing cannabis than you’re ever going to know…and is a solid dude to boot. act accordingly.

3 Likes

goddd what has this become embarassing… get your nose out mate… jeez…

all the guy said was LITFA…

dear oh dear…

EDIT - coming with im very fortunate that someone said LITFA mannnn… smh

coco and especially with perlite added in you typically should be feeding near full from about 2 weeks in but you said your only feeding base nutes at half strength which means what ? being specific helps like ec level or amounts and what type of nutrients .

3 Likes

ahh ok a good comment finally… so far its been EGO boosting / brown nosing and trolling!!

@Mr.Sparkle

Thanks for the input… maybe i’m a little late on giving it more than it needs then!? Although i guess less is better than too much!

So per 5L im giving the following…

3ml Calmag
2.5ml micro
2.5ml grow
1.5ml Bloom…

although this might seem super low when comparing to the chart at least im taking it steady and not over doing…

That being said I am literally about to increase it on my next feeding with an additive ( silicon maybe rhizotonic )

Il play about with it remembering to keep the PPM correct!

I think the PPM is about 680 at the moment!

Thanks again BM

of what ??? maybe i missed you saying what brand your using but different brands have different make ups so whatever ml of grow bloom micro doesn’t tell us much atm.

And fyi thats not needed its just continuing it on…

3 Likes

Terra Aquatics ( Base )
Sensi-Cal
Fish Sh!t
Canna ( Rhizotonic )

im gonna presume there tripart

Should be following likely their suggested growing feed rate with a target ec of around 1.6ec or so which sounds fine… by their chart your only giving them more or less seedling feed rates which with your yellow leaves and crispy tips looking more like deficiencies than excess.

Also when watering only go for about 10% or so run off.

3 Likes

Thanks really appreciate it! Maybe time to get into full feedings then!

:man_farmer:

1 Like

I was looking at a few of my plants earlier. I suddenly got the thought that the burnt tips which is previously blamed on nute burn are actually from the plant drying out. Maybe I’m crazy, but I don’t think my plants are hungry for anything. Or in excess.
With that said I also ran coco perlite on my first run, my mentor suggested that I mix the coco/perlite half and half with promix. It’s still inert but holds water better. Perhaps they dried out?
As for knowing what you’re looking for, just spend time looking at your plants. You will start to get it. Look at the leaves tips, middle and underneath. Look at the roots and stems, look for bugs, look at growth patterns and leaf sizes and shapes.
And then realize all of the variables in play that could cause your issues, or that cause your phenotypical expression to change.

burnt or thirsty?

4 Likes

Would work just kinda off on the suggestion just as perlite is added to reduce water holding ability, coco by itself holds more than enough and peat aka promix holds alot when saturated too much so, so sure the addition of promix would of helped the fast drying coco, but straight coco would of been fine by itself, kinda like a band aid for a band aid.

and that looks more burnt but could of been from a time where your watering lapsed and it went dry and spiked your mediums ec before it leveled off again with subsequent waterings so that initial watering after drying out it gets overfeed by being thirsty, i do that frequent enough myself and not on purpose.

5 Likes

The idea is to find a happy medium. Ive grown in coco/perlite. It wasn’t for me. Too much hand watering.

1 Like

My only observations, being a coco grower myself, are that this is a really small plant in a much larger container than is needed so it will not need to be watered as much as a larger plant in a smaller container would. I would personally let the coco dry until you begin to see a couple dry strands/dust at the top of the container. Maybe 3-5 days. I would do this so that the roots seek out food and water and fill the container quicker. When not allowed a dry cycle, the roots won’t grow as quickly. After a few of these aforementioned drying cycles the plant will be much larger, it’s root system will fill the pot, and it will then be ready to explode with daily waterings.

3 Likes

I apologize for thinking you were growing organic. There is an organic tag on your thread.

3 Likes

Thats a beautiful looking cola right there! Thanks for the input… but careful people might throw the LITFA at you for questioning it… haha its actually cringey that word…

I love this pic amazing!

thanks BM

interesting stuff… makes sense!

no need to apologise mate, i’m still learning lots… every day!