Got a issue here guys. Fert burn or Deficiency? I can't put my finger on it

Hey guys. Been searching around for what my issue is. I think its potassium deficient. I’m growing in soil and my pH is exactly at 7.0. Any help would be appreciated. I’m tired of guessing lol.

20231009_122043|230x500

4 Likes

Well if your pH is at 7.0 it is a little on the high side.

Lower the pH and that will start to help your problems out. Might need a dose of nutes after that.
But thats my opinion and I could be very well wrong. So take it for what its worth.

7 Likes

I am in complete agreement with @darkillusion. In soil I target 6.4 as a starting point…
Heres another chart showing Mid-6pH is where Nutes get absorbed.
Good Luck

8 Likes

Nice graph…Keeping a copy of that for myself.

9 Likes

I just see a possible Magnesium deficiency perhaps for being out of range with that high pH and maybe some burnt tips but nothing to worry mucc. A foliar spray with Epsom salts may help … beer3|nullxnull

Soil pH chart

10 Likes

Those are great graphs but I don’t think 7 is the issue, unless its High 7’s. Something else. Possible.
I would scratch in a little calcitic pure powered dolomite lime. Water it in and call it a day. Probably Mag like @George said.

6 Likes

Pretty Cool Cole, you can pick the example that fits your fancy.
Lotsa Info available, gotta love the OG

2 Likes

I never PH anything. Bought a PH pen this summer used it once. :rofl:

3 Likes

Does this help @George
Color corrected for the background…
is this accurate @BeenHereSinceThe90s ?

4 Likes

pH in conjunction with the discolouration, leads me toward agreement with @George .
It’s unlikely the soil is deficient, but the plant may be having issues with uptake.
If not that, I would agree with Potassium deficiency, but macros like that shouldn’t be an issue in soil.
What are you using?

4 Likes

@MissinBissin That’s exactly it. Which is messed up cause i got the leaf’s doing that and then i thought it was fert burn from the tips. I got to love this plant lol (smartass remark). Its going to kill me lol

3 Likes

Thanks, Cole, I don’t know if dolomite lime would be a good solution, it might raise more the pH and more Calcium might block Magnesium …

Cheers for that enhanced photo, Doug, still appears Magnesium to me … beer3|nullxnull

Captura

7 Likes

I got Cal Mag. I haven’t been giving it any of that since I figured the soil had it already. Should I give it a shot and repost? I’ll try whatever, It’s all about learning to me. Just got serious about growing so I know I’ll trip and fall, I learn though. Thank you guys to be honest with you. If we can say we got it to a Magnesium problem then I’ll test it :slight_smile: :smiley:

1 Like

Can you do a slurry test with just pHed water and no nutes to find out pH and ppm of the outgoing water? That would sure help …beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

@George Yes I can my friend. Now I’m very new to this so just let me warn you now. But you want ph levels of the water right? It holds 7.0. Im very new you guys and you guys are the OG’s to me. Testing ppm would require a device that I do not have

2 Likes

I’m sorry I didn’t paid attention to this pic:

Lower leaves are fine, no trace of Mag deficiency, only new leaves are affected so it might be Zinc instead:

This happened to one of our ogers:

Here’s another example:

It can also be blocked with a high pH, the solution would be to add some Potassium.

You can find help and more info in this guide from Ed Rosenthal:

5 Likes

Right on. Thank you guys. I’ll keep you posted

2 Likes

Yet you’re qualified to give ph advice.

None of these people have grown a plant at 8ph but they’ll all tell you about it.

3 Likes

I don’t know you tell me.

Absolutely nothing wrong with scratching in 1/2 TBS per gallon of medium of Calcitic Pure powdered dolomite lime into the pot and watering in. Balances out the medium at 7.0 PH “Works immediately”. Just don’t exceed 2TBS per gallon of Medium. Been using it for years. Don’t PH anything.

In my opinion people worry about PH to much. That creates more problems. Just my opinion. You know what they say about opinions.
Used it in FL shitty water. Used it in Oregon good water. :100:

2 Likes

So I grow in potting soil (pro-mix BX) using flora nova nutes and cal mag.
I had a plant that started doing that and man I couldn’t figure it out.

Had a sister plant that I gave the same feeding to, everything, and that one was beautiful :heart_eyes_cat:
I tried flushing and re adjusting the feeding and nothing changed it.

Then I checked the calibration on my ph pen and it was off by almost a point, reading high so if I was setting ph at 6 it was actually about 5.1 :flushed:

At this point I fixed that and flushed and started feeding again. She never recovered really but kept growing. She is still in flower and almost finished. But looks totally deficient in the leaves.

I think the problem ended up really being something with the roots as the other plants were just fine. But cannot say for sure.

First pic is from weeks ago and second is from last week.

5 Likes