Light stress / Burn What do you think?

@Mr.Sparkle I think your info has defiantly helped… I think the plant should be getting more nutrients than it is… i noticed today its spread around the edges of the fan leaves a touch aswell… almost. like a slight discoloured yellow brown but not major…

I think it may be wanting more potassium as it enters through veg growth now so i think im going to up it all tonight as you mentioned… ( It should be getting more )

1 Like

Also watch what pH your feeding at aswell 5.7-6.3 typically works for coco.

First things first… you picked Shaman (Purple#1 x Skunk) as your first strain to grow. It’s a strain that is pretty much taylor-made for first time growers and due to its parental genetics, it’s pretty much a no fuss strain.
This strain also exhibits a medium green color, which means that your plant is not overly hungry, that’s just the color of the plant. Not all cannabis plants are dark green.

Your light being 14” above the plant canopy should be just fine.
I use a T5HO light w/45W tubes and it sits a couple inches above the plant canopy because it doesn’t put out enough heat to cause me any plant issues.

I am kind of surprised you picked coco coir as the medium to start growing in. Coco can be problematic in many ways, including natural nutrient deficiencies, as well as holding excess sodium due to having a high cation exchange capacity. Lucky for you, there are a lot of damn good coco coir growers around OG that can help show you the way, when the time comes.
Ask a question and receive a no bs answer. Easy peasy.

I understand that you are a new grower and want to learn all you can, as fast as you can, but learning the ins & outs of growing cannabis is going to take a while to learn, it requires a lot of reading and a lot of trial & error. We’ve all been there at one time or another.

The best advice I’ve seen in this thread was from @ReikoX … when LIFTA was mentioned. If you start to overthink things, that’s when you’ll run into major problems.

This is the easiest acronym for new growers to remember and it goes very well with LITFA…. and that’s KISS… Keep It Simple Stupid.
It’s not meant to offend.

Your plant looks really nice and healthy. The “barely there” brownish leaf tips is not that big a deal. It could be caused by many different things and it’s not substantial enough to raise any alarms, just yet. Good lookin out though.

Think of learning about growing plants like a doctor learns about medicine… it’s a continual state of practice, no matter how much knowledge you gain or how old you get.

And before you know it, you’ll be able to give advice to new growers, like we’re doing for you.

4 Likes

Bravo,

now that explained it a bit better than LITFA so i think yours was the best advice given if i’m honest… not reiko

Thank you on the compliments of the plant appreciate you saying it looks well…

If you don’t make mistakes you don’t learn thats why i chucked another one in the greenhouse outside and LITFA!! ( believe it or not ) so it can purposely fend for itself then i can look at it and wonder…

I’m not here to argue with anyone or anything buddy…

Its quite simple to work out…

you gave me some insight into why LITFA is mentioned a lot

All reiko said and came across like was

‘‘Can I interest you in some [LITFA ]’’
( lets not beat around the bush ) no pun intended - Its not helpful it really isn’t to a new grower like myself
it comes across cocky / Sarcastic or like its had a massive dose of EGO booster…

lets take a look at Reiko 2nd comment… tarnishing all new growers with the same brush…

reiko - ''New growers always looking at the plants, trying to find something to do. Like watering, topping, and obsessing over this or that nutrient deficiency.

LITFA.’’

Again comes across as Egotistical and interpreted as a moan rather than advice…

If you can’t see that ( not specifically you but anyone for that matter ) and continue to lift him up with praise for giving me the best advise then I’m in shock!!

your statement on the other hand was well informed…

Il end it by saying this…

I’m sure Reiko is knowledgeable on growing due to the army stood behind him…
I’m here to share laugh talk growing and not to argue or anything I’m just simply writing what i feel!

Thank you for the info

BM

2 Likes

Rah Rah Rah We Hate @ReikoX !

He was trying be helpful.

1 Like

so back it up then if he was helpful and il happily reply to you! :crazy_face:

Its like when you learn to drive…

you jump into a driving instructors car for them to say ‘‘Drive’’

and thats it… not helpful…

and then the driving instructor says ‘’ ahhh new drivers always wondering where the indicator is or where the horn is’’

I tried to make this simpler for you to understand ( in simpleton form )

Fine. Driving analogies.

You are a driving noob telling a driving instructor how to drive.

He doesn’t need me to defend him because everybody knows he’s a standup guy.

Move along.

1 Like

@Foreigner

again sir… Back it up

tell me where i told him how to grow…

madness?? your smoking too much if you can quote me where i’m telling him how to grow i will apologise…?? No…?? thought not

Don’t call me sir facetiously.

You finish your own sentences. Thought so.

Have a good day.

1 Like

still waiting for the evidence… tumbleweed…

… brown noses the worst kind

Your ad hominem attacks are making me giggle. I smell too. And I can’t read good.

2 Likes

looks like I won that one then evidence is there…

Case closed.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Congratulations

Thank you…