Light Stress?

Same plant, two days apart. All I did was some LST, and light defoliation. I thought the plant was ready for some more light so turned the light up to 75% and moved it a little closer, possibly too close? It was about 18 inches away.

Edit: Just added a third pic after raising and dimming lights, looks like it’s bouncing back. Thanks everyone.

1 Like

I see it somewhat shocked, perhaps too many things at the same time have stressed her a bit, wait to see if it recovers and step back if don’t, I don’t see any heat stress or light bleaching, give her some time … beer3|nullxnull

6 Likes

Yeah, looks like you’re bleaching them.
I’d turn it down to 20% or so for a day and they look about ready for flowering so 11 hours of light from now. Once recovered go up to 30 %.
These new generation LEDs are powerful.

2 Likes

Are the other plants the same strain? They don’t look bad from what I can see. Look for bugs maybe?

1 Like

If they are all the same strain and are taco-ing down, too much light might be your issue.
I ran a GG4 last time and they could take a beating with light and nutes.
The strain I’m running now is a bit more of a prima donna and I had to tone both lights and nutes down.
Too much light can look like over watering.
What @Rogue said above is TRUE.
You’re better off in the slower lane for a bit than burning them up in the fast lane.

3 Likes

Thanks yeah, raised light and dimmed to 20, they seem to have bounced back a bit.

2 Likes

I agree!
We seem to agree on a lot of things, or you just give good advice…LOL

Not being able to take strong light can be a symptom of something else going on here.
May I know do you use a dehumidifier?
Also what is the moisture level of the pot in question?

They do look like they are bouncing back so let things ride another week before switching shit up.

Peace
Shag

2 Likes

No dehumidifier yet, hasn’t gone above 60% though.

What do you mean by moisture level? They are fed via autopots, 50/50 coco/perlite.

Where the pots heavy but suitable for the plants pre defoliation , but now with the lack of leafs they are overwatered ? Have You notice that they are drinking a lot less after defoliation ?
I would never water then defol
I would wait till pot drys abit out then remove leafs
I’ve never used auto pots but maybe best to switch them off for a day or two prior to defoliation to adjust the pot wetness for what the plant shall become
: )

3 Likes

That’s real good info Arriba|nullxnull, so in that case it would just be clawing from overwatering? icon_e_confused|nullxnull

2 Likes

I get what @ifish means and yes it’s a good idea to back off a touch if your going to heavily defoliate. Healthy plants bounce back fast after light to medium abuse though so I’m putting it mainly down to being fried by the LED light :fire:

2 Likes

Pretty sure it was the LED’s also.

I didn’t do a heavy defoliation at all, but that is good to know if/when I do.

2 Likes

I can’t go much over 30 Watt per square foot inside a tent without burning plants with my solstrip rigs. The things are dam powerful. Shouldn’t be a surprise. The 250W HPS street lights outside have been replaced by 50W LED COBs :rofl: outdoor plants keep growing through the night…

Yes, might be light too intense, I discarded it because normally the leaves are tacoing upwards to expose less surface to the light and preserve humidity;

but missed this part:

Glad it is solved, learning something new every day … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes

That’s the one I noticed most often, what appears at first to be overwatering or underwatering. Then spots appear on leaves. If your handwatering you might see it in the tallest first. Also a give away is when the tallest start drinking way more lol. Another is when they seem to partially collapse an hour or so before lights out. A long day under a blistering hot LED does that. Just ask some commercial growers :grin:

1 Like

I’m blaming myself now because I received congrats for one plant praying :pray: (back in the right) but now I know it was just too close to the QB lights … :sweat_smile:

:disappointed:

3 Likes

Lol don’t beat yourself up :rofl: I find healthy plants often do lift their leaves up like their saying YES! a bit like a pissed Scottish football fan in the Barcelona sun :sweat_smile:

If you see them later on they are usually bright red with a touch of sunstroke :sunglasses:

1 Like

I have raised the lights, in a couple of days I will let you know if they were happy or just tortured … :sweat:

4 Likes

I was askin’ how wet is the dirt?
Dryback is very very important to healthy roots.
Let them get a bit dried out before feeding again.

Peace
Shag

1 Like