Limiting access to seed-runs, auctions & fundraisers

You are trying to solve a problem that doesn’t exists. No auction organizer has asked me for this feature.

He can transparently set his own terms for example only to include users with joindate after dd/mm/yyyy and tl2+.

6 Likes

A couple of folk, really. This has been discussed multiple times in the above posts, in detail.

If you’d like to pony up an item for an auction, do a seed-run, or a give-away; you can design your own terms.

Someone that sponsors an auction already has an option to make such a requirement.

Your ‘freedom of choice’, up-to-now, seems to be a desire to dictate the terms to those performing the auction, seed-runs, give-aways, etc.

The current seed-runs and who can participate is up to the individuals doing the run. They could give them away to anyone they feel like it. Why do you feel that you should have any say in what someone else is giving away? With that in mind, the group that has organized some of the seed-runs have already asked for feedback and have already limited who can participate. This has been repeated multiple times but you keep asking the same question. The answers are still the same.

5 Likes

for what it’s worth, I’d limit giveaways from newbies. yea, I’m one of them, but in my experience, they’re so easy to be perceived as abused. it’s just not worth it when viewed from the “keep the bread and butter” members happy, in my opinion.

4 Likes

Perhaps because it wasn’t available, making it an option only gives more options to decide, it is not mandatory … :sunglasses:

No, that is not my intention., just giving them an EXTRA option to choose that now it is not available: post them in a hidden category where only Level 2 & 3 members can participate.

Like the private lounge?

3 Likes

Yes, that’s it, now there are grows and seed runs (tomato seeds :stuck_out_tongue:) but are mixed up with other threads because it was intended to be a place to meet among regulars. They would be in Outdoor and Indoor private grow diaries (so people would safely post their grows in illegal places) and in Breeders Lab as a hidden section for private seed runs between members.

Now there are Grow room diaries in the Shark tank and Private lounge, I guess because they don’t want them to be public or traced by Google, so the need of a private section where posting them exists, they would be easier to follow by members … :sunglasses:

5 Likes

when og closed a few years ago I joined a uk cannabis site. you can volunteer to subscribe with yearly or life time fee’s, seeds are donated and only the subscribers get a choice of free seeds donated by members. the site is also full of adverts.

3 Likes

I’m going to bow out after this since your goalposts keep moving around.

They (those doing the auctions, seed-runs, give-aways) already have all of those options and they can decide who can participate. This has been repeated several times. There is a disconnect here.

As to hiding things, there have been a few limited exceptions designed specifically to address concerns such as a retaining a certain amount of privacy while avoiding the search crawlers. As @TheShowMeHomie mentioned, the private lounge is an option.

OG is an inclusive forum weighed towards the whole of the community. It’s counter productive to have “hidden” locations scattered across the categories such that some members can avoid the rest of the community. This does not make for a community but rather it creates cliques and a “copy” of OG that amounts to a private/exclusive club accessible by a few.

8 Likes

I want to also add that “hidden” areas give false feeling of safety and privacy. In reality there is no such thing as private grow diary on OG. All trust level groups are open to anyone wiling to contribute and take the effort…

11 Likes

You mean that “anyone” ppl_police|nullxnull could through his effort and contribution reach the upper levels and have access to all? You wouldn’t recommend someone living in a state or land where growing is illegal to post his diary?

That’s not made to avoid the rest of the community, it is intended to avoid the NON OG community, people looking for free seeds and lawmen looking for clandestine grow where they are not allowed.

Besides, we are not a few, I am speaking about Level 2 + 3

Level 1 (basic) : 3047
Level 2 (member) : 914
Level 3 (regular) : 136

More than 1000 members are not “a few” for me. As it seems you misunderstood me I am not saying that ALL Seed runs should be for Levels 2 + 3, if someone wants to do it accessible to everyone surfing the net, good for him, I am only asking having another option for those reluctant to feed the opportunists hit-and-run, a hidden area only accessible for those1050 members where they can post their seed runs, auctions and grow diaries with the confidence that only trustable and reputated members will have access to them, is it much asking?

As I can see in the poll, I am not the only one thinking like this … :sunglasses:

1 Like

People of trust level 3 can only see the private lounge unless they are tagged correct?

1 Like

Is there a list that shows the upper echilon? Of who’s what?

2 Likes

If a normal guy can work his way into the private lounge then of course a cop could too… its the internet, anything you post can be used against you if someone wanted too. Even with the anonymity of a Fake name, if someone wants you they can get you. So when it comes to illegal grows its 100% up to the user if the risk is worth it.

Driving at 140 kmh is illegal and dangerous, do people do it? Yeeep

5 Likes

@OleReynard, @TheShowMeHomie
see here: https://overgrow.com/t/about-the-private-lounge-category/22329

Tagging cannot override user privileges.

1 Like

Who knows, right?

??? Really ???

Don’t post those ‘clandestine’ activities onto the internet, then.

For the last time, what someone does with their seeds is not your decision. Or, anyone else’s decision to make. For the love of God, you’ve never received “free” seeds?

Adressed, addressed, and then addressed again. There are already options.

:laughing: With the six or seven folk you have agreeing that “we (should) limit access to Seed runs, auctions, and fundraisers to levels 2 & 3” which you’ve also expanded into, “and grow diaries”, you should have no trouble asking them for the funding to spin-up and run that private ‘elite’ forum kept under lock and key. Don’t forget to stay off the interwebs to help ensure that any of those ‘clandestine’ activities remain protected from prying eyes. Best of luck.

7 Likes

Just making sure what I have there random people , bots , or Johnny law can’t see

But hope you would agree with me that posting a grow in a category accesible only for 1050 members is less risky than posting it in the open forum where the whole worldwide people can access … eek|nullxnull

I am asking for security and you turn it into “elite”, what happened to the previous OG forum? Was not enough “elitist”? :sunglasses:

Sorry, done with the zig zagging.

5 Likes

@LemonadeJoe
good morning i can still read all of this her
so when you tag newbies in hear they sure can read all
and i am just me
i grow my own
and you know why i came on this side
not to make a problem
and also not for free seeds
we got a lott of seed banks in holland
i dont know how i come out of this place