Little Grey Potato Bugs WTAF NE OH

Had some sort of little grey potato bugs turn all the buds to black only the newest growth lived. The plants were stellar and dank but sadly the bugs got to them. I have not noticed these bugs in OH before I always dealt with powdery mildew at the worst. lost about 5 plants to these little bastids. Anyone know any ways to stop these things. They are like crazy little fast evil demons from weed hell.
I can’t get a photo now the grow is off site but I will do my best. I figure someone here knows what I am talking about and may have a solution
bbdd247cf2e3bcca7e3c92399c4af9f276e6607051b7f6025b74381087866852

3 Likes

I don’t know if there is really much you can do unless you have an organic spray mix handy. Maybe try hosing them off if you can. I’m sure someone has a better commit. Sorry about that man. I’m sure you’ll figure it out soon

1 Like

I have not seen a thread or conversation about Pest Strips & Pest/Beetle Bags.
I have seen and used hanging pest strips, indoors we attach them to our circulating fans, doesn’t touch plant, annoys bugs. But nothing I have ever seen works as well as co2.
I keep a two milk jug yeast system under every plant, indoors or out. The plume keeps em away at night, when they are most active. When the potatoe bugs came we used baking soda and vinegar water on large groups and it killed em dead, but you have to be OCD about it.
Today I hang 3-4 pest strips in every plant during infestation attempts.

3 Likes

The “milk jug co2 generator”
bottleco2
I start with 1/2 gallon water, 1 cup sugar, 1 tsp cake yeast (Cold, keep in fridge). tape up and 24 hrs later you will see bubbles poppin.

3 Likes

(YOU) thanks team really great posts I appreciate the reply’s
508a7b994ee5b827c42ca9b9923b6335cc72d9b8b14f680c9d9b5f4e49fad7e5

1 Like

Is it ok to print one? :grin:

1 Like

If it’s outdoors you can dust the plant and soil with Diatomaceous Earth, Mosquito Bits (BTI) will also kill them, you can also water them following this recipe, good info in that thread … beer3|nullxnull

2 Likes