Little white spots all over fan leaves

I see the borg, fucking spider mites everywhere.

3 Likes

What’s the Borg an fs it’s my first grow aswell if treated within a week will my plant be ok??

2 Likes

Don’t panic, treatments every couple of weeks. Your plants will recover, they are a hardy bunch.
It’s a good thing you’re getting this training early on, much better experience for you.

2 Likes

Haha they call spider mites the borg because resistance is futile! :laughing: In reality they are not that hard to get rid of if you’re thorough.

You will need repeated treatments to break the life cycles of the next generations. The key is to spray every square inch of that plant. Under the leaves, on top of the leaves, the tips, the stems, the petioles, the top of your medium and the outside of your pots. Every square inch.

6 Likes

If you can put the plants in the shower and just blast them top to bottom with the spray, or do it with a hose outside. This will knock tons of them off, then spray with whatever pesticide you’re going to use.

While they’re out of the grow room clean it out really well, maybe use some bleach or alcohol.

4 Likes

holy crap the second image IS thrips! You got mites and thrips, crazy.

3 Likes

Mites for sure. It happens. Cures are available that don’t require you to throw out your plants.

Message me if you need suggestions for pesticides that will actually kill the bugs overnight, cheap and quick. I have never met an infestation I couldn’t kill. Roaches, mites, aphids, bedbugs, mice, you name it. I tire of the constant “pesticides bad organic good” rigamarole that always crops up every time someone has a problem.

5 Likes

Thanks bro someone recommended safers soap spray what do you think that will work??

It all depends on whether you are organic grower or not. Some will push organic only. Others will suggest chemicals. You just have to decide what you want to do and how attached you are to the plant.

Regardless of how you go, it is your decision. One of my plants had spider mites bad. I made a decision that I felt was best for me and my grow.

Gather information and make your decision. Try not to get caught up in all the other back and forth.

Good luck with it.

3 Likes

It’s a question of being constant while spraying to break their life cycle. Gramps recommend Dr. Zymes that is multipurpose (free sample if you are in the US), you can also use Spinosad or Monterey Insect Spray depending where you live … :sunglasses:

2 Likes

And there’s the gas-chamber CO2 with plastic garbage bags!

:evergreen_tree: We love you @Pedro_Bann :biking_man:

2 Likes

Thanks Ron wanted to do it organically but I don’t think there’s a organic way of getting rid of these lol

1 Like

Top man thank you

1 Like

I got rid of a small infestation organically and with a lot of time and patience. The bigger infestation I fixed the easiest way for me. I tossed the plant, soil and container.

2 Likes

Thank you bro :ok_hand:t4:

Mites: abamectin, bifenazate, spiromesifen. Brand names like Avid, Judo. You can buy single ounces on ebay so you don’t have to buy full pints of commercial pesticides (which are expensive and so much more than you’ll need).

Most acaricides (miticides) will kill other bugs, but the reverse isn’t always true. Thrips are very easy to kill. Everything kills thrips.

Soap will just anger them and it looks like you have a bad infestation.

Organic people will be here soon to say “pesticides bad vernal bad”. It is the way.

2 Likes

If your not in flower then you have a lot more options. Organic does work, but you need to be on top of it. Repeated sprays of soap/neem will kill adult on contact, just need to get what hatched out of the eggs in a few days. I’m trying Spinosad, kills what ever eats the leaves, again need repeated sprays. Some of sprays that are recommended, like avid, isn’t even allowed in my state.
I use to use Hot shots no pest strips. As long as you’re growing in an Unoccupied room that has good ventilation. I’ve sealed plants in a tent/tote with a hot shot no pest strip every night for a week. it gently fumigated the plants/tent. Just turn off the exhaust while it’s in there. Every day before the lights come on, I’d take the strip out and seal it in a Tupperware container, and turn exhaust back on. Then vent the room before I do any work. If you vent your exhaust directly outside, you can prob just leave the strip in there but turn off the exhaust when the lights are off. At least in the past, I would even use the no pest strip up to 2-3 weeks before harvest, it’s a vaporous gas that sublimates out of the strip (like mothballs but stronger). Many of The other chemical means work faster, but should never be used once your plants are put into flower, or once buds have formed. I don’t personally like to spray the buds with anything, but if you need to, go organic or just cut your losses.

2 Likes

You’d rather use an organophosphate like dichlorvos (no-pest strips) than abamectin?

I’m not opposed to it by any means, just kinda funny to me.

1 Like

I drown the bugs, they can’t swim very well. That way I don’t have to worry about a thing.

3 Likes

problem is I can’t see these bugs lol I only seen one I can see poop under leaves lol when I feed them u think I should water the leaves too soo if they’re there they will drown lol