Living soil in a fabric pot

Can you create a living soil environment in a regular fabric pot with no lining on the walls to keep moisture from escaping???

3 Likes

Yep, you just have to water more frequently. My beds don’t have a liner.

8 Likes

I’ve had 5 gallon pots fuzz over on the outside with mycelium before. Thats probably a sign of good soil health, but I didn’t really keep up with the soil after 60 days.

2 Likes

I knew @ReikoX would come through :hugs:… I started to just PM you… I’m going to start a couple for my outside grow this year

3 Likes

I’m sure if mycelium was grow you was on the right track… I’m going to start one outside this year… did you start with a simple mix or what???

2 Likes

This is great news indeed. I just mixed up a 15 gallon pot last week and I was starting to have doubts about pot size after seeing your post.

1 Like

Just a bag of generic potting mix in a fabric pot, no aeration, far from fancy. I thought it was a mold problem initially, being white and fuzzy.

2 Likes

All of my post are experiential… read different post mainly @ReikoX (has information on your every need) and take what I find useful or useful to me with the materials I have… and just keep trying stuff :man_shrugging:t5:

5 Likes

I remember when I first saw the fuzzy… threw the whole mix away and then read a few weeks later it was a good thing

4 Likes

I did the same and then found out it was a good thing.
:seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

Yes but you need to fill it with roots.