Loki Crock Pot Butta

Hello friends,
Your man Loki has now recently gotten himself into a crock pot to decarb and to melt the butter and bud together.

For my Crock Pot list of things to do to get the right butter I do these few steps.

I fill half the crock pot with water with a good size oven proof glass bowl in the middle. I decarb the weed for 4 hours on low. I have only tried 3.5 grams before since a recipe called for it. Then I add the butter and let the slowly absorb into the butter for 12 hours. Then I will cheesecloth it then cool or even use instant like for brownies.

Question
If I did 14 grams of bud (grinded), and half a cup ( 1stick of butter). Would the be enough the make it 1 gram per brownie. Recipe makes 12 so maybe a gram and a pinch each.

Question 2
Can we still use not the best weed would it still get the good high or should we go on the search for a new strain?

5 Likes

The better the weed, the better the end result.

3 Likes

So if your product contains 18% THC you will end up with around 210mg per serving. Depending on the person that may be a bit much for an edible.

Dosage calculator

2 Likes

IMHO: there are different uses for green butter.
IF your seeking a buzz, I would double up on the bud amount.
IF your seeking to simply enhance your total body receptors for the therapeutic uses, that is when I use, sugar leaf, and lowers (small buds) when I cull mine I separate, buds into smoke/edibles, by size of bud.
I stopped using water many years ago, finding, then marking the sweet spot on the dial for the simmering of the butter/weed/lecithin.
Then poring that into the jelly stand and strainer, into the butter molds.
After getting a MBM, (Magic Butter Machine), one of it’s features, is a grinding blade, that really macerates the cannabis, I will sometimes add some or all that extracted matter back into the recipe, for edibles.
I was encouraged by a mentor, long ago when my wife’s cancer flared back up, and has since been undetected.
All the best in your endeavor.

1 Like

I use this recipe and use 10 grams of Indica and 10 grams of Sativa for each pan…very potent, and I cut them in cubes.

2 Likes