Long shot, but anyone got a trick for lowering rh?

Think a portion of next harvest is going to an industrial dehumidifier, or I’m switching to salts and smaller pots

1 Like

A lung tent maybe ? So your not de humidifing the whole room , so more efficent use of existing equipment
: )

1 Like

Bottom feeding may also help abit
More efficent use of feeding as no need to satuated the whole pot , just the root zone where it’s needed , so less less volume of feed is required

I don’t even know how that would work lol. It’s an 8x4 tent in a 12x10 “bedroom”. My other tents a 4x4 veg in my kitchen and a 2x4 just being used as equipment storage, also in the kitchen. I live in the living room :sweat_smile: the other “bedroom” is being built into a drying/curing/flower-storage room

2 Likes

Correct me if im wrong but covering the tops of the pots helps to reduce the rh a bit, all other points that i can think of are covered by others except maybe lowering the intake rh rather than the rh in your tent if you got a good flow through of air its whats coming in thatll be higher rh

1 Like

Lol soon you will be in tent and plants can have the house
: )

3 Likes

Tbh I’m really just asking experienced semi-commercial/ large home growers. Ain’t knocking anybody for being personal/hobbyist but our goals/needs for grow management are a bit different. Ain’t so much a home grow as it is a grow that happens to be home lol :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Think I’m just gonna plug the heater in and set the ac to 85 till I can get a second dehumidifier, that should bring it to a safe rh. Fuck my electric bill bout be even higher 🫤😅

1 Like

Well shit, that did the trick. Damn near immediately too 58% and dropping, might need to adjust the dehumidifier setting up from 40

5 Likes

Shit if I can keep the tent under 90 with lights on I’ll be golden. won’t even need to borrow money from the weedman for a second dehu

1 Like

At home improvement stores, they often have a product called DampRid (or other brand name), that’s meant to be put in closets to reduce humidity.
I used to put a layer in the bottom of a plastic storage container, put trays on top, and then the lid, and it would dry my shrooms to cracker dry in about 48 hours.
It’ll definitely reduce RH in a tent, and won’t affect your temp/electric bill

2 Likes

Yeah bro at that 87 rh in the south you’ll need a bigger deheuy. I’m lucky my rh is 20-30 (desert). In flower ( I think 5x10)I get a lot of foliage and humidity climbs. I find stripping plants helps. Decreases the amount of water the plants throw in the air. That or do what I did and buy an anden. It pulls like 400 watts and good. I have the probe too which is 100 bones more. The cheapest anden is over 1k.

3 Likes

Fortunate come up today. Had to go help my mom with some stuff at her house, noticed she wasn’t using her dehumidifier, explained my problem and asked if I could borrow it. Her only condition if I break it I replace it. Moms is the best.

6 Likes

It’s a big one too 70pint/day problem is solved and I can turn that fuckin heater off :joy: having a heater in a room with AC on in the summer just feels wrong

4 Likes

Now I gotta dig out my extra 5/8 tubes from the closet with all my old hydro stuff but that’s not really a problem

Yay for Moms! :princess: :ok_hand:

1 Like

I’m for sure looking at commercial units for the future. Just not in the budget yet. I’m looking to go a few harvests now before further reinvestment. I’ve been building as I go for a hot minute now putting every cent I could spare in the grow, bout a grand left I need to put into the dry room and that ain’t gonna/can’t happen till after harvest

2 Likes

Calcium Chloride can absorb 300% its weight. Cat litter about 40%

Damprid is Calcium chloride

2 Likes