Lookin help from the younger tek crowd , must have patience lol

I just have this fear of other people coming to my house or neighbours and it showing up on their phone and arousing questions

I know I’m being stupid but I genuinely worry

Especial down the line if I get a camera etc

2 Likes

Ok, was there a qr code in the documentation to scan? If not just go to the appstore on your phone and search for Rainpoint.

1 Like

Once you install the app and pair it to your rainpoint device, it should only be visible to you through the app.

1 Like

Thankyou Doug for reassurance

When I get home from work I’m going to go for it : )

3 Likes

Are u guys growing with hydro I’m just using 5 gallon bucket half way with some vegetable grow dirt than half of my soil in backyard it floods every year so I thought it be good dirt lol my ph is at 6 to almost 7

1 Like

I have one of these pumps. It’s worth it to put the batteries in it, too. If the power goes out, without batteries, the timer needs reset. It uses the 2.4ghz wifi networks. So… not those 5Ghz wifi networks. If you have a “-wifi5” site ID setting on your router, use that. it’ll be more compatible.

Get the app. Register an account. Then add the device. Then share it with your Alexa home setup. Then you can say “Alexa water the plants” and it works. The device is then on your account, and setup with the timer running. It’s pretty simple.

I set mine for like 5 mins every 12 hours. or 3 mins every 8 hours. but your settings may be different, depending on size you’re watering.

I also have a LetPot watering pump. and it’s pretty much the same thing. The RainPoint has been a little bit better. but they’re basically the same.

2 Likes

No worries, if you need any assistance just let me know. :v:

1 Like

I grow in RDWC system … Hydroponics for me. It suits my love of water lol… anything water I’m drawn to it lol. I like the control we have.

3 Likes

Thankyou Doug , hopefully I won’t make you regret that lol

@synapse57 thankyou also

3 Likes

It’s pretty simple. I just hooked up my watering system today. The new LetPot pump is actually impressive. They listened to my feedback, and fixed the scheduling. That’s the other pump I use, besides this RainPoint that’s been rock solid since day 1. I should put some batteries in it.

2 Likes