Looking for Blackberry OG

Picked up some Silverstem Blackberry OG at a shop while visiting Colorado and I absolutely love it. As I get into my last nug I would really like to try my hand at growing this strain. I cannot find info about the breeder that silverstem uses. Anyone have more info or some extra seeds? I found lots of banks that list Blackberry OG or Blackberry Kush but worried they won’t be the same cultivar that I am currently smoking.

Link to silverstem’s product page here: Blackberry OG | Indica-Hybrid

5 Likes

This might be the Blackberry side of the cross.

Having grown OGK, I’d say that this looks to be a good cross to bring in some berry into the mix.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

this sounds tasty! great suggestion. i grew a Blimburm Black Domina freebie and really liked it. very smooth, mild strength buds with a floral woody flavor. wish i saved a cut. i could see if you mixed from fruity terps in there it would be that much better

1 Like

The original California blackberry clone that went around was the black crossed to a afghani , most likely what they are growing now is the black domina cross.
Blackberry kush was a Jordan of the islands strain while the blackberry og goes back to nirvana seeds.
I think orgnkid may have even made a blackberry og with the California blackberry clone but I can’t remember for sure.

4 Likes

I would check out purple caper seeds Blackberry Fire “blackberry kush x fire lady” I grew some this year outdoor it’s really beautiful to grow and smells amazing in bloom. Very unique creeper buzz that cripples anxiety and settles in the body. :fire:

2 Likes

Excellent smoke the Blackberry Fire! I think it might be high in THC-V. Wonderful bliss effect. Black Heart Nursery in CA sold clones of it 5 years ago. Worth researching this strain!

2 Likes

Blackberry Fire are the two clones in the front.

10 Likes

Awesome plants! They are so happy soaking up the sun. I never grew it but got some from a So. Cal. dispensary. Expect some sweet (possibly) purple-tinged mind treasure.

SoCal Seed Vault sells an Alter Ego bred strain Blackberry OG. Currently sold out but they have other killer strains, (but i haven’t grown them yet).

1 Like

Smelled awesome in bloom, neighbors can smell it blocks away. Not much of a terp scent dried. Hope it cures better in the 1lb Grove bag. Very unique buzz and settles in the body really nice. Potent Creeper :fire: :100:

2 Likes

I’ll cross fingers for you. It may end up kinda like sweet dates or raisins.
Effects reminded me of a Nepalese sativa head effect but heavy Pakistan indica body effect.

1 Like

I love blackberry in anything. I pick it up in Vap cartridges, extract and make gummies. When I see it. I grab it.

1 Like

10.00 a gram for shatter. That bubba kush I paid 8.63 a gram. Oregon has more weed than God :sunglasses:

5 Likes

If you can find any shops selling blackberry kush or blackberry OG seeds please let me know the name. I might be able to convince a Portland friend to get me some.

1 Like

Omfg! In Sweden 1g good Shatter is atleast 120$, its more worth buying hash and press or blow it yourself. :roll_eyes:

Pz :v:t2:

4 Likes

Wow! What city if you don’t mind me asking. I found a round trip flight to Portland for 220! Hahaha.

1 Like

Eugene/Springfield. You will find deals in P-town also. Hush and Disco Dabs are always 10-12 or less. You are limited to 5 grams per day of extracts :upside_down_face: You can just hit multiple pot shops though. Use leafly.com with your location

1 Like

I will keep my eyes open. :peace_symbol: :sunglasses: :metal:

2 Likes

Availability of seeds at dispensaries here is surprisingly limited. I think archive is just about the only dispensary in the city that is still selling seeds. A lot of places offered seeds in 2015 and 16, but I think the product moved slowly and most places never restocked.

Another reason seed availability in dispensaries is limited is because of state regulations. They can only sell products grown at state licensed production facilities, and the profits are higher selling bud to dispensaries and licensed processors, so very few companies are producing seeds specifically for the oregon legal market.

Some dispensaries that had more of an emphasis on seeds and clones have also closed, like the short lived Harborside PDX. Many of the dispensaries that stocked clones from local nurseries are no longer stocking them. which is surprising because some of them had even invested in dedicated climate controlled grow room with lighting and display windows.

Now archive is pretty much the only place that has clones and seeds available year round.

Most of the other nurseries have switched to seasonal operation, and only sell clones from february to the beginning of july to service outdoor growers.

5 Likes

Still looking for this cultivar. It’s top of my list but I don’t want to blindly order from some random seeds bank. I think about this strain every day.

2 Likes

I never grew Blackberry OG but I did grow an elite clone of Blackberry that was being passed around back in the day…I also made my own cross with it and named it LVS…LVS is the elite clone Blackberry x Black Domina cross…I have a strain called Dominator which is a LVS x Ogre cross…

My current Dominator seedlings being sexed…

9 Likes