Looking for pre 99 sour diesel

So. I have been on the search. And perhaps someone can shed some light. Dynasty has the huckleberry diesel. And it’s a cross of pre 99 sour d X Oregon huckleberry.

Now everyone should know the story of Rez. But what happened before Rez. Was it the sweet and sour diesel I’ve seen in old catalogs. Is it really a cross of Chem’s chem 91 (as chem d wasn’t until 2004).

I’m lost but looking for help.

9 Likes

Rez. There’s a name I remember

4 Likes

JJ from Top Dawg had it before Rez got his grubby hands on it, he might have some crosses out

9 Likes

Paging @Piffcoastfarms as he’s been working lines in order to recreate the classic Sour D. He also is close enough with JJ that he can give input on what Top Dawg currently has going with Sour packs.

7 Likes

Lol I’m from Ma and know them piffcoast boys and Rez doesn’t live that far from me, I know piff has a Rez cut. I just want to see what folks have for input on the past as I’m only one guy and want to know what others know lol. Now JJ having it first is a new one for me though. I can talk to him and see what he has to say.

4 Likes

I have talked to him a few times. History can blur itself sometimes. Or not be able to tell the whole story at others. I have seen the paperwork and talked to the man. I still have my questions to many aspects of things that transpired

1 Like

I’ve had the pleasure of having a table for gene traders with them and plasma slug right next to me. Top notch people to get stuff from. @Piffcoastfarms does things the right way and is def something I look up to.

5 Likes

Truthfully first I’ve heard of it. I have heard all types of things though when it comes to the sour lol.

2 Likes

I guess at the end of the day it’s all hearsay, the only ones who really know are the ones involved. As you said the lines can definitely get blurred over time, I’m just going on what friends in New York have told me and what I’ve read but even that’s second hand news. I’m sure you’re closer to the real source than most of us so I’d love to know what JJ says when you speak to him.

One thing that does last over time in the community though is credibility and it seems Rez hasn’t had any of that for a long time.

2 Likes

look into lucky dog seed co. that’s “skunk_va”'s seed company. you can find his chemdog bx3 crosses. i picked up a pack of chem fuego, which is “(sour diesel x headband) x chemdog bx3”. really nice legitimate chemdog crosses to be had. speak easy seeds has some of his stuff in stock.

3 Likes

Some rumors say it all started in Colorado then a pheno was taken to the East Coast where it was renamed Chemdog. Then Chemdog was taken to Cali and renamed OG Kush. :exploding_head:

I would honestly try to get a cut of Jay_PLANTSPEAKER Sour D over anything else…or me I’d probably go with the Dark Heart Nursery cut

1 Like

If you have a pack of the Wolfpack from the preservation, there are some sour d leaners in them. It’s Geisel x Appalachia.

2 Likes

Pre-99 Sour Diesel implies there is a post-99 Sour Diesel.

ECSD (Chaco, Amherst) and AJ SD, Rez SD IBL, plus a few S1’s and crosses in the mix. That’s all there really is.

2 Likes

I’ll have some ibl sour d available in a couple months

12 Likes

It implies from most that it came from my neck of the woods. I’m digging because I have a feeling that I can uncover a little more. Amherst is less than 20 mins from me. Aj lived in Albany which is a hour from me. Chem is maybe 15 mins from me. Rez is 2 hours away. There’s a connection between them all and it’s origins.

1 Like

Ahh chems play on dr suess and the blue mountain boys skunk. Many say that it was the chem and super skunk that made the sour. I think it was NL2 and the east coast 80’s sweet and sour.

James Loud is not the best interviewer but I found this pretty interesting, worth a listen

You know much about Mojave? @Enjoi802

Just because Professor P happens to be calling something “pre” doesn’t mean it’s a different or progenitor cut. It’s probably the same ECSD or AJ cuts that float around.

We do love our “pre-pre’s” in the community lol. Everyone loves a story but the truth is often boring.

4 Likes

For smoking i always liked ajnyc

I’m not sure which Sour I have. She runs 11-12 weeks, looks like a headband, but smells like a sour, play dough, and a spearmint? But I can tell you now that it is absolutely crossed to chem 91. She will herm on the lowers, and you just pick em off. Same thing with Hells Angel OG. That’s a typical chem91 thing.

1 Like