Where to get Seeds for Medicinal Cannabis

I had a chance to smoke some medical MJ and I was surprised and impressed by the effect. The variety I was smoking is called F@rm G@s from a Canadian manufacturer. They describe it as a hybrid between Sour Diesel and GMO. Its dominant Terpenes are Limonene and Caryophyllene but also Nerolidol, and Humulene. It made me feel good, creative, active didn’t feel sedating despite being advertised as sleep agent. Naturally I want to grow this my self. Has anybody experience with this variety or does anybody know a source of seeds that emulate the effect (taste is not important) of this flower.

4 Likes

you might have better luck in trading post ask and see if anyone has that cross to trade or just beans them selves and you do the cross that’s the fun part if your going to grow grow big farm gas is LP Aroura i think see this is what i believe before all these players were allowed to start growing at midnight one day at 12:01 were did they get the seeds to plant for the most part they just made up names for other peoples work i have seen lots chatter here about a sour diesel repo not sur about the gmo world class growers in here will help for sure

3 Likes

Sounds interesting for sure! Love me some gmo, sour too!! No idea where to acquire the beans but I sure hope someone can help. My buddy just buys a bunch of 1/8ths when he finds a good legal strain , says he’s yet to not find a seed…. No joke , not great to hear but if he’s right just keep grabbing packs until you get that lone ,single bean. Pretty much guaranteed it’ll be female too

5 Likes

You might like 1:1 CBD:THC strains too. Doesn’t knock you out and it’s happy days.

6 Likes

Like what 1:1 strains? cuz this Luxor’s Chocolate CBD can knock me out sometimes.

I crossed my summer garden with Pineapple Express last year… There was Sour Diesel, and also GMO x Purple Sweets in there.

3 Likes

Thanks for your answer. Not sure where the cultivars came from Big Cannabis is growing. There must have been some kind of testing, like with every other medicine I would guess. California must have been the first big market for medical MJ I think. I think Aurora took over some companies in California an bought might have bought some Intellectual Property with it. Due to the fact that not a lot of genetics are protected in the Industry there probably was some “stealing” happening.

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if they are already using Triploids in medicinal production.

2 Likes

like crisper genetic engineering i dont think humans survive the pregnancy

Knowingly, unknowingly, or both? I’d imagine there are some of each, and not just triploids but likely varying degrees of ploidy. Many blessings and much love

1 Like

I grew some 1:1 Autos last year but the circumstances (west facing location, up potted to late, everything Autos hate) where not good. It wasn’t a total loss but felt a little speedy when I remember right. The high CBG mixed varieties might be interesting too.

I expect they are trying to breed/engineer triploids. Higher production, prevention of pollinated flower, higher potency, better protection of intellectual property, all the good stuff big agriculture loves. But don’t get me wrong I’m very interested in growing triploids my self. There are some Triploid seeds available at the moment (if they aren’t sold out).

So… Figure out what you’re looking for. GMO is a gsc x chemdawg cross. Sour diesel is a chemdawg x super skunk. I just grew some Stardawg which is Chemdog #4 x Tres Dawg

Pretty safe to say that I totally know what you’re going for. I just grew all those. and the Stardawg too. that one was way more myrcene. The Sour Diesel were nasc freebie white label. I just grew a clone of 1 of them. and the GMO x Purple sweets was from Astrul genetics. It was a bit more GDP in the mix.

I’d recommend the nasc white label sour diesel. it does the trick. they’re like 3 for 23 on their site.

I wish it was easier to get samples tested. That’s one of the things I miss from the old medical program I was in.

Triploids are a whole different game. HSC just came out with theirs. So, in a couple months we should see results. I guess one of the benefits is they don’t make seeds easy.

1 Like

The HSC are sold out as far as I can see. Triploids are almost 100% sterile and make no seeds. The other day I stumbled upon in Interview with Oussama Badad a Geneticist who had something very interesting to say about Triploids and pollen. A Triploid flower that is pollinated can have a biochemical reaction to the pollen even if it’s not building seeds. A “true” Triploid does not change the chemical profile of it’s flower after pollination. His company is selling Triploid seeds.

I very much enjoyed the two Royal Queen Seeds 1:1 females I grew a little while back, great daytime stuff, it’s felt mostly in the body, clear head and very functional.
I crossed them with four unknown males, called the offspring Rogue 11A, got some sprouting now.

I still have some of those 1:1 RQS seeds left that I’m planning on crossing with Good Medicine F3 which is also a 1:1 strain.

That’'s a great plan! I have bagseed Meat Breath this way but will run @Wizdom 's beans of this before the bagseed any-day. :+1:

I have so many versions of SD and a cut of GMO i’m now curious at this F@rm G@s adventure! :rofl:

3 Likes

Katsu has the gmo x ecsd. Just get that.

3 Likes
3 Likes

@JohnnyAce You’d probably be good with GMO and Sour D separately or in any combo, same for Chem D and Chem. They’re among the greatest strains ever made and are known to have very feel good melt away your troubles kind of highs.

I just abandoned a run of Donny burger (GMO BX) and ended up sampling some of the 4-5 week premature buds after they’d been tossed outside. I was stunned and how potent it was and how nicely it smoked. Same goes for a Sour D BX3 from jj I recently made beans with. It’s all “medicinal”, so don’t get too caught up in there being a medicinal seeds.

Grow a bunch of plants and find the right medicine for you. Now you have a good path with GMO and Sour :v:

Also, those Katsu sour D crosses are very nice

2 Likes

Thanks man much appreciated. This sure look interesting. Seems they really like Sour Diesel at Katsu. 12 Weeks flowering time is pretty long for me cause I’m up at 50° North and want something I can grow outdoor. I think I heard Kevin Jodrey say that Sour Diesel in general needs longer than most commercial flowers to fully ripen. I’m not sure I have smoked Sour Diesel or a Sour Diesel Hybrid before the Farm Gas. Smoking more Sour Diesel is now on my to do list (GMO too of course).

1 Like

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking. I love me some Sativa but they also make me paranoid and antisocial, the Farm Gas gives me the Sativa feeling without the negative.

Sounds like a solid plan.

They have 46 different Sour D crosses, that seems kind of insane.

2 Likes