Looking to increase Terpenes

It’s funny, I have supercropped in the past and really never saw a difference. Like most have pointed out, genetics seem to be the key.

2 Likes

A few weeks ago I chopped an entire grow because it was too stinky. Even with 3 new carbon filters, I could smell it before I entered my drive way. 3 weeks before harvest and I had no choice but to cut it down.
Nothing but jacks, some pk and epsom salt.
Genetics don’t come in a bottle. Neither does terps. Jmo have fun learning

3 Likes

I have used root organics terp tea (veg and bloom). Used as a tea and as a top dress. I did notice an increase in fragrance within a few minutes of applying the top dress (living soil). Though I could never get the intense fragrance right at harvest…it was most intense 3-4 weeks from harvest.

Sulfur does help bring out flavor, as well as Epsom salt as a top dress, in my experience.

2 Likes

Bottom line for me is the processing. You can have the terpiest crop ever grown and burn off everything good and be left with hay if your dry/cure aren’t on point. Keeping the dry room environment as close to 60 deg/60rh for the dry and cold curing if possible.

Heat sealing in grove bags and forgetting them in the fridge for 3-4 weeks has made all the difference in my end product.

2 Likes

That’s why I bought a cannatrol cool cure box. … but I thought sulphur was supposed to add some flavor … no ?

I can’t comment of sulphur for terps sorry, I don’t have any experience with that.

You know, I am starting to suspect the immune response to mildew costs you terpenes because the plant manufactures elemental sulfur in an attempt to fight it off. I also don’t think you can “increase terpenes” with sulfur, beyond what the plant would normally produce.

1 Like