Lophophora's Peyote

Here in the desert most cacti cork. It’s also a way to build strength and to stop any exposed new skin from getting infection. Not peyote but still cacti. Beautiful I was goi g try some san Pedro and I have Peruvian torch seeds

2 Likes

35+ years old

12 Likes

A bathroom tires and a peyote thread? How many threads does a man need?

1. The answer is 2.

Looking good and carry on.

5 Likes

i tried searching the forum but when you have a username of @lophophora.ca it skews the results a tad, making it impossible to search for relevant information. i tried the way you exclude a username from reddit using the <-author:lophophora.ca> but it gave no results with no way to tell if it didn’t find any or if there were none to find. now time to try the lazy way and just ask. but at least i tried this time. thanx in advance.

3 Likes

You can check out my thread for some basic seed starting information.

If you have specific questions there are some pretty handy cacti growers here.

9 Likes

try to find an backup of “thenook” but i`m not really sure there is still one!

this site had alot of great lopho growers back in the day!
and if there is a kind of back up you sure will find what you search!

3 Likes

here you go ! hope it helps

http://www.thenook.org/forum/

3 Likes

that’s it, thanx. i found some other good info here and there but nothing like getting it from those who know.

4 Likes

I think his primary fertilizer is donuts.

5 Likes

I’m curious if anyone knows or can speak from experience,
how strong is the emetic (vomiting) effect of peyote compared to san pedro?

as an overall experience, which is more gentle on the body?
I’ve had a low dose of san pedro before, only enough for a mild visual effect and altered perspective. didn’t have any nauseau or negative side effects.

2 Likes

i would say its nearly the same. the bitter substances are hard to keep in from both plants and it hard to judge which is more demanding on the body. but i can say they are both not tasty :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

i don’t want to be a moral apostle! but if someone wants to eat (try) peyote. Grow them yourself!! don´t go to the habitat and fetch them from there.

try some grafting! you will be amazed how fast a lophophora can grow! and i promise you growing them is more fun than eat drink or extract them. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

I’m not going to ingest either of these plants. I’m just intrigued by their traditional medicinal use, and how that works given that they are both pretty hard on the body.

2 Likes

thats good to hear ! not like i tought you do. so hope you feel not offended!.
this like a routin when people ask about peyote. normaly cacti growers are allergic againt this kind of questions. and itś hard to get good contacts because most of the grows (here in my country) think your are a phsychonauts and cut you of. sounds strange, i guess, but that is what i experienced back in the 2000 befor landing on thenook! that was a gamechanger for me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Grow forth people

4 Likes

That is so cool! Look at those babies! Never seen them before.

4 Likes

It’s crazy cool!!! :crazy_face: I hope they do well!

2 Likes

That is super interesting, I hope they all do well!

3 Likes

peyote_garden

These were cultivated for many years at Tenerife, before they were shipped to the European mainland.

12 Likes

A good friend of mine sold succulent plants and cacti.These peyote cacti were straight out of Tenerife.

16 Likes

High Times encyclopedia of recreational drugs

11 Likes