Lost Civilizations: Before the known

Big upset by the cubit not being a standard measurement lol. It’s a forearm length. And it varied significantly even when they tried to standardize with the royal cubit. My entire point is they maybe weren’t as advanced as people are saying, or had “alien guidance” in the thread. Damn you work for the Pharaonic dynasty or something lol?

Do enlighten me as to what you think the situation was with these “lost civilizations”.

All I’ve been saying the whole time is it’s all has a perfectly rational explanation, like everything. Time and basic math and a lot of labor.

" We were asked if the Loch Ness Monster is an Unidentified Submersible Object (USO)? Did he mean an underwater version of a UFO? I think he did. That implies the creature is actually an artificial construct. I did cover Nessie as an extraterrestrial beast in this article, but this is a different matter.

After that, the matter of quartz deposits and the generation of piezoelectricity was raised."

:thinking:

/

:rofl:

2 Likes

Careful the last bigfoot thread got contentious lol people feel stronger about bigfoot than you’d imagine.

No one seems emotionally attached to Nessie. Maybe hicks in Scotland. They call them Neds I think.

2 Likes

THERE’S A BIGFOOT THREAD!

:open_mouth:

2 Likes

Ever watch Legend?

The truth is out there man.

1 Like
3 Likes

Something else with the professionals in the field I alluded to when I mentioned careers getting in the way, the difficulties of the politics in academia. I don’t, can’t from my inadequately informed position fault the earnest pursuit of truth by people willing to devote their lives to that sort of rigor. I’m very thankful they exist. The funding for these things doesn’t come from sympathetic billionaires interested in the truth (now there’s Bigfoot for ya) but from contributors looking to put their sticker on the car :racing_car:.

Also in the case of Egypt I can understand why someone like Zahi Hawass has a hardon for the British Museum and a deep resentment for all the previous Victorian inanity. It’s one thing to destroy the evidence of your own culture with self pandering self aggrandizing bs. One episode of Time Team is enough to see that. But imagine the evidence of your culture being carried off by sanctimonious pricks to be “studied” and then having their steampunk analysis foisted on the world while you are denied the opportunity. I’d be pissed too.

3 Likes

Aside: the Rosetta Stone is a tax document.

5 Likes

Barney Rubbles tax return?

2 Likes

How do you suggest they knew the speed of light?

Look at the speed of light in meters per second, and then go back and look at the latitude of the Great Pyramid. Same numbers out to six or possibly more digits
Coincidence? Coincidence that the pyramid is at the center of the earth’s land masses? Coincidence that the dimensions of the pyramid are an exact fraction of the Earth’s diameter around the poles and around the equator? Are you just f****** around? Or do you really believe it’s all a coincidence? And if it’s not a coincidence how did they know this stuff?

4 Likes

I’m told the folk who built Angkor Wat knew about procession. Just how the hell they could know that is something I’d like to hear explained

3 Likes

Well as we’re all doing our best to demonstrate here “thinking” and “knowing” ain’t the same thing.

Cyclic numerical behavior is one of those natural things we saw and screwed with and geometry was one byblow. :joy:

1 Like

Procession or precession?

1 Like

Lol probably both, that dam AutoCorrect thing will start a war one day

1 Like

Something about exempting the priest class from certain forms of taxation.

What else is new? :joy:

4 Likes

I can definitely see the advantages in having your own cult :thinking:

3 Likes

If you mean the effect of torque on axial stability, define “understood” in this case. Are you saying they understood it like we do? I doubt that just because they thought in their language. Could they apply what they grokked about forces from their observation? No doubt.

1 Like

The circular saw blade I use it’s around a sixteenth of an inch thick and it is difficult to make a cut with accuracy closer than a 32 of an inch. How could ropes cut something to the thousandth of an inch? I’m just now seeing this. I spent my whole life using my hands.
These guys knew the circumference of the earth before they set a stone down. Every stone was cut so precisely that they knew in advance how many stones it would take to go from corner to corner of the pyramid and end up with the proper measurement . even a tiny Gap in any of the stones along the way would throw the measurements off for the rest of the structure. The mistake made early amplifies throughout the construction process. When I put blocks in between floor joists, if my cutter makes every single board even a 64th of an inch long by the time I came to the end of the house my joists are out an entire inch. These guys were accurate to within a thousandth of an inch . Maybe one needs to be a builder to appreciate and fathom what was done. In my mind the technology of the finished product far surpasses the accuracy of the tools archaeologists claim were used to build it

6 Likes

Seemingly they had the numbers that represent precession repeated all over the site. Maybe the monkeys that hurl their own shite at tourists are actually reincarnated mathematician monks who are still pissed about Pol Pot

Seem it on the telly so it must be true :rofl:

2 Likes

I agree, they can’t.

That may be true. It’s not a difficult math problem once you have the epiphany. Once you understand the earth is curved that’s something you feel you just have to find out right?

Where exactly? How I approach that depends on what the circumstance is.

I’ve got a true story for this one. I just blazed that Oaxaca bud, yooooour gonna have to give me a minute.

3 Likes