Lost Civilizations: Before the known

I’ve been to the megaliths in Peru. I’ve also worked in masonry, and what I saw were reminiscent of trowel marks. What it looks like was someone had poured concrete that became granite when it set. We would not be having this discussion of those were sedimentary rocks, but they aren’t. Nobody carves granite and diorite with laser precision when the only metal available is gold. Every question scientists are able to answer only brings up at least one more they aren’t.
While absence of evidence isn’t always evidence of absence, any group of people capable of that caliber of precision is definitely going to have the presence of mind to cover their tracks. Would you want that sort of technology falling into the hands of stone age humans? Frankly, I’m alarmed at the technology available to certain people today. Anyway…
I can understand scientists’ skepticism. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence, and evidence is sparse.

4 Likes

I think either some kind of stone melting technology or perhaps Even lasers were used. The only problem I have with stone melting technology Are the quarries that were found with 90゚ cuts With no adjoining melted stone. We only see the “melting” in the wall itself.
I agree it absolutely looks like Someone poured liquid stone Into a burlap sack and then started cutting it before it was fully set.

Exactly. What the heck cut these hard rocks? What moved them? What melted them? How do 13 joints on one stone fit so tightly against the neighboring stone that you can’t even put a piece of paper between them today…in an earthquake zone ???There is no satisfactory mainstream answer. Mainstream arguments are not even a little bit feasible. Not remotely close. The answer is something else. Something “fringe” perhaps.
We would do well to imitate the building techniques of the ancients.

4 Likes

I forgot about the earthquakes. 4 happened while I was there. Damn, that just adds another layer to the mystery. In addition to everything else, those builders also earthquake-proofed those structures. Those structures (possibly tens of thousands of years old, if Arthur Poznansky’s observations are any indication) are stronger than anything built since Pizarro landed there. Even now, we could barely replicate them.
The Aymara were the tribe who came before the Inca established their empire. They had been there for hundreds, maybe thousands of years and they said those megaliths were there when THEY arrived. I understand why most scientists don’t take folklore too seriously. It takes a great deal of discernment to separate fact from fiction in folklore, but we could stand to hear them out.

2 Likes

The word ethnocentric comes to mind

3 Likes

That’s about the nicest way I could describe the Conquistadors. Calling them “ethnocentric” would be akin to telling someone in the path of a tidal wave that he will encounter water.

2 Likes

No doubt. But I am speaking about the modern academics that control information. They just completely discount anything a native says because primitive natives can’t possibly know better than they do.
That whole outlook is quite the joke too. Primitive. The Western hemisphere was more advanced than Europe with bigger and more cities. Some estimate that The Valley of Mexico was as populated as it is today before imported sickness wiped out the natives. There is a reason all the old paintings show natives having lots of muscles and in prime shape. Like a bodybuilder. Most people think that was propaganda to scare people, but that’s what they looked like. They consumed more daily calories and had a more varied diet than Europeans had. In fact the Incan potato is what allowed Europe to take over most of the world. Prior to the potato vast amounts of farmers were required to bring in crops like Wheat, Rye or Oats. Timing of the harvest was crucial and so was the care you took with the crop afterwards. The potato had loads of calories and didn’t require the amount of work other crops required and it could be grown in rough northern climates. It was safely stored in the ground until it was dug up and a basement or root cellar worked just fine for storage.The extra calories and the freed up manpower allowed more men to join the military because they weren’t needed at home to work the fields. The rest is History.

6 Likes

Unfortunately, Euro-centricity is alive and well. We still associate potatoes with the Irish, even though potatoes came from the Andes and helped build the Inca Empire.
Folklore wasn’t meant to be taken literally, and like witness testimony (which is what folklore is, in a manner of speaking) it shouldn’t be considered definitive proof. It is good for corroborating what’s already known or suspected, though. Dismissing it out hand is as great a fallacy as believing it literally.
By no means does being a scientist preclude one from dogmatic thinking.

3 Likes

2 Likes

Or was it just folklore??. There is often truth mixed in all folk tales. It seems lately every month or two another " myth" is proven to be accurate info. When you realize that these ancient people were just as smart or even smarter than we are, it changes perspective. Now i imagine they thought very much like we do. Analytically but without todays distractions.

3 Likes

i just read an article showing that in iberia, they had tempered steel at the end of the bronze age when they should not have been able to have it, article here. turns out it was a fluke of the carbon rich iron, and i’m not saying this is what happened there, just that sometimes we are the “aliens”. it does nothing to explain pouring granite like concrete, but that is just a comparison based on an observation by you. just because we can’t explain it now doesn’t mean we won’t be able to later, and it certainly doesn’t lead to advanced technology by default. it could well be, but i remain skeptical. fantastic claims require fantastic evidence or something to that effect.

1 Like

Advanced man has been around a lot longer than taught in school😁
Some unexplained objects would suggest perhaps millions of years, crazy as it seems.

2 Likes

Check out the book ‘FORBIDDEN ARCHAEOLOGY’ by Michael Cremo.

2 Likes

Well you must consider that the earth is billions of years old right? Many, many civilizations could have arisen and ventured out into space leaving their cities and towns to fade to dust…or they could still be here watching from the hidden places of legend and lore…:wink:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

4 Likes

I think about that. Very possible. It seems crazy to think that way, but how does one look at an object obviously made by intelligence and just forget about it because it doesn’t fit the puzzle some people have created for us? The Russians found a wagon wheel in a coal seam. Here in the states we found a hammer in coal. There are hominoid footprints in stone next to dinosaur prints in Texas…
How does one look at these and say ahhhh. Fuck it. That doesn’t fit in with what we think. Pack it up, tag it, throw it in the basement with the others. Block this area off from the public. We don’t want them asking questions.
Real scientific approach.
Reminds me of Curly from the Three Stooges.
" I’m Blind! I’m Blind!!!" Says Curly
“What’s wrong?” Replies Mo
“My eyes are closed”!" Nyuck nyuck nyuck🤣

2 Likes

1912 New York Times article about giants found in Wisconsin

6 Likes

Pygmy graveyard found in Tennessee.Tennessees_Ancient_Pygmy_Graveyards_The.pdf (759.1 KB)

2 Likes

Freaking lilliputans!

2 Likes

So strange. It presents so many more questions. Clearly, they had a culture of ceremonial burials with clay pots. The skeletons were identified as adults, due to the density.
Pygmy people that size, have been seen in North America, Ethiopia, India and near the Red Sea. These are just the surface dwelling pygmies. There is often talk of Hollow Earth and subterranean dwellers.

4 Likes

Our species is some 250,000 years old. I refuse to believe we spent 244,000 of them as simple hunter/gatherers. These were fully modern humans, identical to us in cognitive ability. It’s also possible that H. neanderthalensis had their own “agricultural revolution.” It’s also possible that H. Altaiensis did the same. People from the south Pacific have H. altaiensis DNA, meaning there was a mass migration form Eurasia to the south Pacific. Wow. If they could cross that much water, they could definitely figure out how plants and seeds work.

4 Likes

Interesting. Maybe related to the Dakota pygmies?

1 Like